• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read Terrorblades lore

Hes so evil that the other demons in hell sent him to hell 2.0, were he looked into a mirror, saw that he was a badass, and then became more badass, and then showed how badass he is by breaking the mirror and escaping both hell and hell 2.0

wtf Valve

Get your shit together

Could be worse. He could be a Yordle.

In what kind of situations should Crystal Maiden be using her ult? Having to sit next to people and channel sure ain't safe. Is it purely the kind of thing you save for someone low on health that you just froze, with no one else around to stomp you?

You got to make a call. I think it's worth using on a single target if you secure your carry a kill with a root and ult. You can solo kill a lot of heroes very early with that combo. It's always funny to see someone come out of the root try to right click you in the ult and then try to run away. Although that doesn't last long.

In teamfights you gotta kinda wait for the right moment/positioning. Using her ult depends on what heroes you're playing against and what skills have and have not been used. Doesn't mean you can't be active in a fight, your root and nuke are handy.

I think a naked Shadow Amulet is an entirely viable item on CM, probably one of the only heroes it's viable on, depending on who you are playing against. With SA you can ult and use the Shadow Amulet to go invis right as the channel kicks in. If there's a Pudge, Nyx, Lina, Slardar or Leshrac with an ability they can target on the ground you'll be in trouble.

You don't always have to be right in the middle on a fight to ult either, it's not as effective but you can position yourself so you can ult a team on the edge of Freezing Field. It's a 30% attack and movement speed slow, with Aghs it's 50%.

sixghost

The problem with custom maps, as ever, is how to generate revenue from them for the map makers. This is a massive problem in TF2, maps take many many times the amount of work and time to create compared to hats, but map makers get a fraction of the money that item creators do (over time, maps added to the game get a flat sum and then have to live off generosity).
Not everything needs to be monetized.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Reddit is weird at times. I answered a guy asking if you can get invoker in ability draft, I get down voted. I tell a guy who wondered what happens if you take meepos Ult that meepo isn't a possible hero to get, I get even more downvotes.

Secure every kill until you get a blink and bkb and then go to work as a CM

True.

Steps for successful CM:

1. Steal every kill you can, type "tehehehe sorry!" when your team bitches
2. Jungle half the game, never helping to gank. Only use nova / bite / ulti to secure your own solo kills for max XP and gold
3. Acquire blink / bkb / dagon
4. Profit

any and every stun, provided someone is quick enough with their mouse to toss out the cc while he's in flight. To that end, Phoenix will have to wait to Q until after the enemy cc has been used, or use it just to position the ult. No real in-between on this matter. Get CC'd and that's a dead bird. Unlike bots, human opponents will just right-click the ult and kill him.

Ha ha, awesome, it'll be like snatching Spirit Breaker out of a charge as Shadow Demon.

The DotaCinema preview mentioned it takes roughly ten rightclicks to kill the egg.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Some of the combos in ability draft are so broken

Zeus passives proc on Medusa shield toggle looool

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some of the combos in ability draft are so broken

Zeus passives proc on Medusa shield toggle looool

I honestly expect them to just turn Zeus and Earth Shaker off for week while they fix some interactions, since there is a difference between fun and bs.

Divvy

Also

dispunchabs6u.gif

Divvy

Except this is impossible to do in Valve's Random Ability mode since you can't get meepo.

Awww looks so cool

Also there's a video of a Jakiro going 74/1/1 with Aftershock and Troll toggle before they patched that out

TxdoHawk

True.

Steps for successful CM:

1. Steal every kill you can, type "tehehehe sorry!" when your team bitches
2. Jungle half the game, never helping to gank. Only use nova / bite / ulti to secure your own solo kills for max XP and gold
3. Acquire blink / bkb / dagon
4. Profit

Sounds good, I haven't been told to uninstall in like, three matches? It's about time.

You guys think a full parity hero pool (with all Dota CM heroes in CM) is feasible by TI4?

I think we might make it. I still can't believe how rapidly we've approached parity over the last 3 updates.

Out of wonder - what are these bugs?

the E turn rate bug for Phoenix is the most glaring. There is also a problem with the attack slow scaling for the fire spirits, damage from fire spirits, and some visibility bug related issues with regard to Phoenix's ult and shadow blade.

As for TB,

GAMEPLAY
Reflection slow should not be blocked by Linken Sphere
Reflection Cannot Target Non-Heroes
Reflection illusion does not follow enemy in to fog of war.
Reflection illusions do not follow invisible enemies.

Metamorphosis should not have transformation time.
Metamorphosis allows attacking Roshan from outside Pit.
Metamorphosis wrong interaction with Illusion runes

Sunder should not be blocked by Linken Sphere.
Sunder should not heal under Ice Blast.
Sunder should not be able to self-target
Sunder Mini-Stun Has Incorrect Properties

VISUAL
Illusion weapons glow
Model has a corrupted pink shine all over his body
Portrait is behind the pick button

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=123940

There are a lot of problems that need to be cleaned up.

Divvy

How about

Lina + Take Aim + Psi Blades +Impetus? Plus maybe some kind of bash or Essense aura, or just lina passive

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How about

Lina + Take Aim + Psi Blades +Impetus? Plus maybe some kind of bash or Essense aura

Can't get TA abilities :(

Now something that sounds fun to me is you could get Take Aim + Essense Aura + Arcane Orb + Chemical Rage on Lina, and be a Orb spitting machine gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom