• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five games and at least one guy disconnects and abandons ruining the entire game. Uhggg.

All I want to do is try Terrorblade and Phoenix. Also, is Phoenix a support?

Bot matches? True they're kind of retarded, even on Unfair, but they will let you screw around with skill and item builds before diving into real matches with the added bonus of not ending or being ruined by people disconnecting.

LuuKyK

The new map is so pretty. In love with it.

Definitely liked Phoenix more than Terrorblade. Whats with his size? He is enormous. Kinda distracting really, with all his shadows around. And its tracks stay for way to long on the ground, doesnt it tell other players the way you go? Seemed like it to me...

Mohasus

I picked essence shift and god's strenght on my void (I was pretty much Chronos at this point), a guy on my team had chronosphere but bot fed hard before I could do anything. :(

manfestival

Getting off of work in 15 minutes but after traffic and getting home... will then have to proceed to teach my class at 8... wont get to touch this till after like 9:30... UGHHHHHH TOO LONG!

I caved in and added 5 dollars to my steam wallet. I used leftover snowglobe money to buy the key on sale and then 40 cents + 5 dollars I bought that favor since the last favor I bought made me money in the WN event but I spent all of that lol

fierro

Banned
What a crazy game.

Their Dusa rage quits along side their ES, then 3 of ours guys leave as well. So Troll, myself as Sky against Pugna, TB, and Razor. Was a good 40 mins but we won and got the new Lycan wolf form from a chest.

WOOO!

BraXzy

Random ability draft is so fun. It's so weird seeing heroes doing crazy stuff they shouldn't. It's nice all getting a chance at the abilities on offer one at a time, clever idea. Just saw a Weaver pounce over a Slark, it looks too odd.

The best thing about this mode is just how much it changes things up. Builds are thrown out the window, you don't have a clear idea of what is running at you at any time. Enigma might be gunning towards you but he isn't about to black hole, he's about to finger blast you to hell.

inkls

New patch slaughtered my fps. Doesn't matter what settings I choose or if I'm playing local with bots, stutters so much :/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Whats the deal with these 1 Hour long sale? Welp, I have no clue how good it will be, but I just bought an Abundant Fortune's Favor because its 50% off.

Gav47

well apparently it counts for your W/L which is weird

That is werid, I wonder why they chose to do that.

Whats the deal with these 1 Hour long sale? Welp, I have no clue how good it will be, but I just bought an Abundant Fortune's Favor because its 50% off.

Well the market place price will be higher once it goes off sale so its a win-win situation
apart from the fact that your money is stuck in steam funds.

Shinypogs

Dammit I got dc'd and the game apparently lost the server and couldn't find it even with a restart :(

Now I feel horrible because my team probably thinks I ragequit or something.

Acinixys

So being the Slardar lover that I am I picked him for my first game of the new patch

Holy shit

People still dont know how to handle him past level 6. I was soloing people left and right with nothing but treads and armlet. Was doing so well I didnt even get to try out new blink dagger. Went straight Heart/MKB

Also, his new stun damage is insane. Killed a spinning Juggernaut in 3 hits with Damage Amp on him. I did get 3 stuns in a row, which helped

BraXzy

I'm guessing the hats will be released in stages? There's only like 5 sets out, out of the million submissions. There's no Arcana either is there yet?

bounchfx

I'm guessing the hats will be released in stages? There's only like 5 sets out, out of the million submissions. There's no Arcana either is there yet?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll see more early next week, if not sooner. There's at least 4-5 more sets in the files.

EGM92

Just opened my first chest of the season, got the only thing that I wanted. The Curse of the New Season wolf form. Looks so damn awesome.

I. LOVE. THIS. MODE.

rmPvPS5.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So how does one play Phoenix? I can see her being a very good lane harasser and anti-pusher, but in the late game the DoT is too slow in team fights.

Demoli

These apst 2 games reminded me of why i don't play carry anymore. Offlane feeds, mid feeds, neither call missing, legion has a 6 min blink with threads

Shame aswell cause TB is so much fun.

Random ability draft is so fun, even though I just got owned by a Huskar with Bash and an Axe with three of Bristlebacks spells.

Was nice way to unwind after 13 hours of work

Quesa

Ability draft seems like something fun, but for someone who puts at least some pride into their perilously-close-to-even w/l ratio I don't think it's for me. Like if pudge wars counted toward mmr.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My computer crashed twice, yay! Decided the second time to quickly yank out my PCI USB Card, hoping that will fix it, since a few times the BSOD mentioned something about USB.

RS4-

juxtapose, kraken, backtrack and epi on void
caustic, critical strike, corrosive skin and chain frost on wr

just the worst.

impetus with fiery soul is pretty brutal.

bounchfx

Valve did a number on your sets. The particles for Ember's swords and Storm's hat don't work and your items don't show up on Remnants.

whaaaaat! :(

hope that's patched soon, otherwise i'll try contacting them. I'm sure it'll be fixed within a reasonable amount of time. I can tell they're busy as hell over there.

Also, Ember is already on sale 33% off, lolwut! That's cool for those that only want him.

get it while it's hot. GET IT? WHILE IT'S HOT?

but really, 33% off ~$6.29 if you only want ember. call now while supplies last. Also, doto.

Hayvic

I think I just had a game with Dendi's smurf on my team:

PCnBag7.png

http://dotabuff.com/matches/490329039

Guy was all over the place. He only died once to them, the other 2 were denies by us while he was doomed. He got a shit ton of wards for himself and proceeded to wreck ass. Goes to show that it pays to just get over it and buy some wards even though you are not support. Also I played shit game as off lane NS, plz ignore.

kasane

I think I just had a game with Dendi's smurf on my team:

PCnBag7.png

http://dotabuff.com/matches/490329039

Guy was all over the place. He only died once to them, the other 2 were denies by us while he was doomed. He got a shit ton of wards for himself and proceeded to wreck ass. Goes to show that it pays to just get over it and buy some wards even though you are not support. Also I played shit game as off lane NS, plz ignore.

dendi doesnt buy wards so no :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom