• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxdoHawk

In what kind of situations should Crystal Maiden be using her ult? Having to sit next to people and channel sure ain't safe. Is it purely the kind of thing you save for someone low on health that you just froze, with no one else around to stomp you?

Low Tier
In what kind of situations should Crystal Maiden be using her ult? Having to sit next to people and channel sure ain't safe. Is it purely the kind of thing you save for someone low on health that you just froze, with no one else around to stomp you?

when ur in a good position, when u think you can channel it for at least a couple seconds in a team fight, or for a cleanup solo kill. its a judgement call kind of thing.

Razzer

This is not always gonna be possible but if you can get on the other side of a treeline etc so that you are in fog it's great. I've gotten some great ult off thanks to this.

ViviOggi

I still don't understand the logic behind disabling seasonal maps in ranked and making them a separate queue option in unranked. It's just a bit of cosmetic clutter.

Doesn't appear that Phoenix is set up for cosmetics (unlike Terrorblade). That's unusual for new heroes, and it doesn't seem impossible to find slots for him. Wings, talons and his head would work fine as cosmetics.

I still don't understand the logic behind disabling seasonal maps in ranked and making them a separate queue option in unranked. It's just a bit of cosmetic clutter.

Dendi wannabes complained that they were losing 2 fps from the snow flakes and it was messing up their TI4 level split second reactions and they unable to see the Mirana arrows they were obviously going to dodge perfectly and it was the snow that stopped them.

manfestival

I just read the patch notes...

I fear I may lose so much of my social life to this. I just see it as treasure that I must plunder

Also I think its the first time that I want like 95% of the items in an update. I dont care for the invoker or pudge sets. The sheer amount of content in this update just blows me away

Razzer

Finished reading the post, great work Matt! Appreciated as always.

Also great job to Bounch and his team, the three spirits collection is superb. The loading screens all look great as does the two HUDs (I prefer the Earth one though). The sets themselves are also high quality. Overall the sets in this patch are top notch, I like a lot of what I saw. The Aria Windrunner loading screen is a particular favourite.

ViviOggi

Dendi wannabes complained that they were losing 2 fps from the snow flakes and it was messing up their TI4 level split second reactions and they unable to see the Mirana arrows they were obviously going to dodge perfectly and it was the snow that stopped them.

Well yeah but that would be easily solved by giving players a toggle option just for their own map. Hell make it like a HUD skin and sell it if you have to.

SamVimes

It was actually really irritating for me, i have a low end system and in teamfights my fps dropped to <30. That's simply not enjoyable to play.

Well yeah but that would be easily solved by giving players a toggle option just for their own map.

Not possible in the source engine to have multiple people on the same server running different maps.

It was actually really irritating for me, i have a low end system and in teamfights my fps dropped to <30. That's simply not enjoyable to play.

A toggle to turn snow particle effects on and off would have been nice

G.ZZZ

20 FPS in fight ez game imma Dendiwannabe #YOLO #swag #420noscope

Plus it was really too bright but surely must be because imma Dendiwannabe yolo

#Dendiwannabe

TxdoHawk

So if I'm support and babysitting someone in my lane who's farming, common courtesy is to let them focus on last hits while I go for denies and harassment of the enemy laner/laners? This seems like the obvious logical thingy.

Correct. That and stacking/pulling if you're on safe lane.

Oh, weird. This is a concept I was not familiar with, reading now. Thank you!

Helmholtz

So if I'm support and babysitting someone in my lane who's farming, common courtesy is to let them focus on last hits while I go for denies and harassment of the enemy laner/laners? This seems like the obvious logical thingy.
Correct. That and stacking/pulling if you're on safe lane, and trying to get last hits from those neutral creeps. Also you can go for last hits that your carry is clearly not going to get. But your main job is to make sure your carry is able to get farm by preventing the enemy from harassing him out of the lane or killing him. If there's a situation where your lane gets ganked, it's better for you to do everything you can and die doing so, so long as the carry lives.

Demoli

Depends from player to player. When I carry i prefer doing all of the CS myself and have the support focus on pulling/roaming/harassing.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is there a page on what skills can be used to escape cogs? It's not super clear to me whether some abilities allow it or not, like pounce.

G.ZZZ

Not possible in the source engine to have multiple people on the same server running different maps.

A toggle to turn snow particle effects on and off would have been nice

Actually you could manually use the normal map, just exchange the mdl files or something i did that for the first times where you couldn't select which map to play so i'm seriously doubting your info.

Actually you could manually use the normal map, just exchange the mdl files or something i did that for the first times where you couldn't select which map to play so i'm seriously doubting your info.
Nothing I said is incorrect. Source cannot run two BSPs. What you did was simply change the prop files of one map into another, and that's not a feasible fix for Valve to implement as an official solution.

Artanisix

The snow map really hurt my eyes while I played, especially against certain heroes. I'm glad they turned it to the neutral map in ranked.

dorkimoe

so whats the difference between a ingot and a token?

ingots for ingame beast stuff?

tokens for cosmetics?

i really hope that new beast mode thing is not open at just stupid times when normal people are at work

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
so whats the difference between a ingot and a token?

ingots for ingame beast stuff?

tokens for cosmetics?

Right now it looks like you will use Ingots to get in game items for the Year Beast game mode, and Jade Tokens can be redeemed for hats. But Valve decided the best way to keep the mode secret was to flat out not ship it with test, so we are mostly in the dark about whats in it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Right now it looks like you will use Ingots to get in game items for the Year Beast game mode, and Jade Tokens can be redeemed for hats. But Valve decided the best way to keep the mode secret was to flat out not ship it with test, so we are mostly in the dark about whats in it.

I'm not a big fan of this new "Pay us a dollar just so you can grind points in our game mode to get some hats" system. I'm pretty sure they were going to skip Diretide because they hadn't found a way to monetize it yet. Boy I miss free hats. :(

Dec

So are we expecting the Shadow Fiend remake sometime soon after that test client mix up? Seems strange that only he disappeared. Perhaps not with New Bloom, but it may indicate they have been changing some things with him specifically that caused it?

Acinixys

When i play CM i usually hang in the back till everyones at half HP, then run in and pop it. It really does a massive amount of damage early game

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So are we expecting the Shadow Fiend remake sometime soon after that test client mix up? Seems strange that only he disappeared. Perhaps not with New Bloom, but it may indicate they have been changing some things with him specifically that caused it?

I think this update is yet anther case of Valve flat out running out of time. A Shadow Fiend update was clearly intended, but it looks like it wasn't done, so I don't expect that until the next major update. Phoenix likely also had a proper voice before he was remodeled, and was instead quickly given like 6 bird sounds so Valve could ship him, hopefully she gets full VA or at least more sounds. I'm sure Valve would have liked to ship the Arcana item on the first day TB was out, but its not done. Ability Draft mode is buggy and is likely going to ship with a bunch more heroes turned off until Valve can fix it up (I expect only 70ish heroes to be in the pool when it goes live). We sort of have to hope that the Replay Take Over works, since it seems to be disabled on Test.

A week after the Three Spirits Update all those heroes got updated, I'm pretty sure were supposed to also ship with that update.

I think the SF remake will be the same deal. Probably a week or two away.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A week after the Three Spirits Update all those heroes got updated, I'm pretty sure were supposed to also ship with that update.

I think the SF remake will be the same deal. Probably a week or two away.

Maybe he will show up during "Round 2" of the event, when Valve adds more cosmetics. Would be nice if he got his own little update page.

Also, Foulfell Shards still don't have a purpose, which is a bit odd.

Randdalf

That unreleased gyro set looks dope as fuck.

I thought it looked noisy and out-of-place, but then again, that's my opinion on most cosmetics. My favourite one from this update is the Invoker ponytail one because it doesn't stick folds, pouches, dragons, capes, carvings everywhere on the model.

Maybe he will show up during "Round 2" of the event, when Valve adds more cosmetics. Would be nice if he got his own little update page.

Also, Foulfell Shards still don't have a purpose, which is a bit odd.

Or, much like the beast boss thing, they're holding it back to full release today to keep it a surprise?

dorkimoe

I hope custom maps are next. But only ones that make it through voting through marketplace. Someone on reddit made a sick one. I don't need many. Just maybe 3-4 different ones. To switch up gameplay. Would be so awesome

Randdalf

I hope custom maps are next. But only ones that make it through voting through marketplace. Someone on reddit made a sick one. I don't need many. Just maybe 3-4 different ones. To switch up gameplay. Would be so awesome

The problem with custom maps, as ever, is how to generate revenue from them for the map makers. This is a massive problem in TF2, maps take many many times the amount of work and time to create compared to hats, but map makers get a fraction of the money that item creators do (over time, maps added to the game get a flat sum and then have to live off generosity).

F!ReW!Re

Ok this is awesome:

3A7FDE6E47A5EDE6B20DC3B572EDF0FE7B8A4442

3021F832C423ADF8F2A77CBFCAB1D71DAFD8CD0F

E6D3EDE02ECB7BEA82210FA48E2AFB8565FA0B94

0A22FD64FB3D835EE6A02E340017305B799F040E

3CC769383813A22063E2D021D48B6E0684A8FA24

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=221883359

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom