• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Gyro was ganking and split pushing like a mofo, had like 250 damage midgame.
Luckily we won every teamfight pretty hard.

I thought me and Tree would get kills (and we kinda did) in lane, but Tree armor + Dragons Blood is almost unkillable. Also global TP isnt that great unless you have a wave clear to split push, at least I did gank a couple times. Tree took all my LH in lane :(

R7aF3OU.png

Hylian7

Gyro was ganking and split pushing like a mofo, had like 250 damage midgame.
Luckily we won every teamfight pretty hard.

I thought me and Tree would get kills (and we kinda did) in lane, but Tree armor + Dragons Blood is almost unkillable. Also global TP isnt that great unless you have a wave clear to split push, at least I did gank a couple times. Tree took all my LH in lane :(

R7aF3OU.png

I had a friend do Overpower, Flak Cannon, Fury Swipes, and Marksmanship. He went 20/0.

Has random ability draft existed in any of the DOTA genre games up until this point?

I can't remember, though I've played DOTA 1 since approximately its inception.

Either way -- its amazing, and my favorite addition to the game in all of Dota 2's history.

Played random draft last night, didn't know what was going on during the character selection screen, in the end had a jugg with 2 high mana abilitys and 2 useless passives, the alch on their team had broken skills especially with weavers invis ability and pretty much went 30 kills+ with few deaths and carried them to victory

IceMarker

Has random ability draft existed in any of the DOTA genre games up until this point?

I can't remember, though I've played DOTA 1 since approximately its inception.

Either way -- its amazing, and my favorite addition to the game in all of Dota 2's history.

Originally it was called OMG mode, except normally you got all random abilities and got to choose your hero.

profit

Only if you have vision of the hero I think, or something

Yeah I was watching Icex3's stream and I saw Terrorblade's footprints still staying behind in the fog of war for a few seconds. If that's also the case for the opposing team, it'll be pretty hard to juke and escape.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
In the RAD match I played yesterday the dude that got Treant picked up Bara's greater bash passive, Abaddon's Curse of Avernus passive, Slark's Essence Shift passive, and Alchemist's ultimate...

At level 11 or so he wiped our entire team 1v5 with all the stolen AGI and and that ultimate. Then he bought a rapier and it got REAL funny. Shoulda seen how fast our base melted.

spiritfox

In the RAD match I played yesterday the dude that got Treant picked up Bara's greater bash passive, Abaddon's Curse of Avernus passive, Slark's Essence Shift passive, and Alchemist's ultimate...

At level 11 or so he wiped our entire team 1v5 with all the stolen AGI and and that ultimate. Then he bought a rapier and it got REAL funny. Shoulda seen how fast our base melted.

I played a match with Tree getting Overpower and Sladar's bash. Things went down fast. Tree with attack speed boosts is crazy strong.

If someone picks phoenix on the other team, pick nyx assassin

I just instagibbed a phoenix by using my spiked carapace right before his ult popped (it's also good to stop his lasorbeam which then makes for an easy stun )
Also phoenix is extremely fun to play , lasorbeams

My god is Puck hard to play for me. I like playing mid but I can't deal with Puck's mobility. Half the time I can't even find myself and I blink into death. Didn't help that Disruptor kept glimpsing me too. I just got Blink > Scythe and tried to keep as many heroes disabled and coiled. At some point in the game I was 7-3 and I just stopped getting kills and proceeded to go 7-13 before winning, I did get assists but I didn't feel like I was adding much even if I might have. It was mostly Luna and Riki getting too fat too handle that helped us.

AR is a great way to get to know heroes though.

shira

Phoenix is a really fun hero, but those voice lines (or lack thereof) are really grating and getting annoying. Especially when he lacks an obvious area for a voice line (like casting spells) and makes the same 2 sounds for 45 minutes when he moves.

This needs to be addressed. At least make him have a similar amount of lines as Io. Or something.

Why do you have unit speech on?

Acinixys

My god is Puck hard to play for me. I like playing mid but I can't deal with Puck's mobility. Half the time I can't even find myself and I blink into death. Didn't help that Disruptor kept glimpsing me too. I just got Blink > Scythe and tried to keep as many heroes disabled and coiled. At some point in the game I was 7-3 and I just stopped getting kills and proceeded to go 7-13 before winning, I did get assists but I didn't feel like I was adding much even if I might have. It was mostly Luna and Riki getting too fat too handle that helped us.

AR is a great way to get to know heroes though.

I feel this way about Windrunner. I love the idea of the hero, but I cab never actually do well with her. I think my win rate is 25% after 20 games. Makes me sad

G.ZZZ

Growth + cleave + crit on agi heroes pretty broken. In general i think Growth is an absurd ulti on ani agi hero considering you're trading so little ias that you get from agi items anyway for such an absurd increase in damage, AND you get the aghanim.

Haunted

Unit speech is great except for Phoenix and Wisp.

I didn't like Terrorblade at all when I tried him.

Ability draft is such a crazy mode, played an inhouse with Crispy and some other GB guys last night and our Furion had just a completely insane combo with Ursa's Overpower, Tiny's Grow and more Aura bullshit. He went 15-0 before anyone even realised what was happening.

Hylian7

Playing ranked in the first 24 hours of a hero release was ill-advised.
I laughed earlier when I was Tinker and laid down a double March mid, then suddenly Phoenix dived me and completely melted and I got the kill with only level 2 Missile. It was a level 4 March.

Forkball

How does the offering thing work? Do I just shove whatever I don't want in there?

I tried Ability Draft. I was Riki with Brew's slow, sniper's stun passive, smoke, and perma invis. It was hilarious, I basically had a free basher all game. Diffusal + Smoke + Sniper stun + Brew slow meant they literally could not go anywhere. I gotta imagine, if you are an invis hero in AD and don't get an invis move, you are screwed.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Just had a 4 stack I played with give me a hard time for not building BoTs on Tinker in Random Ability Draft. I did not have rearm or march of the machines. Does not compute.

Yeah. RAD is honestly a pretty strong challenge of a player's actual knowledge of Dota. Most players so far are just building their heroes normally, but that's a really bad way to play. You're playing a completely new hero, and you have to actually think about your abilities and what role you should play and what items you need. I played a Batrider last night where I rushed a Bloodstone and had a hyperstone and shit. Absolutely destroying people.

Randdalf

I can't be the only one not interested in RAD

Played 4 games last night... the most successful one was where I just outright rebuilt Nyx Assassin minus Spiked Carapace. Witch Doctor flying around the map with Batrider's ability and taking no damage with Ench's passive was funny, but I don't think the game is as well structured in AD because nobody really seems to know what their role is.

Nirvana

RAD allowed me to balance sniper for Icefrog. Just give hi AM blink, Take Aim, Drow's Silence and Drow's ulti.

Absolutely wrecked, and was practically unkillable haha so much fun.

The jade token boosters seem like a huge scam. You need about 1 and a half of the little ones and 750 minutes (almost 12 hours) of play to get one item worth about 2.50. The big one is 5x the effect but 7.5x the price. That doesn't really make much sense either.

The Jade Token items are not going to be redeemed often imo. I don't see them being very common, certainly not as common as the Wraith Night ones. They seriously need to tweak the numbers, they're far too low and it makes it look like a terrible deal.

Darklord

Banned
May have been mentioned but what's "offering"? All it says is it'll take items and give you wealth but what wealth? Items? Is it worth dumping anything I might not use into the offering?

Edit: Seems like it's been asked a few times on this page. Hopefully we can get an answer!

Pungza

May have been mentioned but what's "offering"? All it says is it'll take items and give you wealth but what wealth? Items? Is it worth dumping anything I might not use into the offering?

Edit: Seems like it's been asked a few times on this page. Hopefully we can get an answer!

From Wykrhm on /r/dota2

The Armory Offering:

Basically chuck all the items that you do not want or use as tribute to the Eight Shades of Fortune. You will eventually be rewarded with better loot depending on how much you've contributed.

REMEMBER, that once you add an item as tribute, you will NOT get it back. So be careful on what you add to it. You will not be able to add items that are untradeable or any other special restriction on them.

You also have a chance of gaining more Flame Ingots to help you further with the Year Beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom