• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix is a really fun hero, but those voice lines (or lack thereof) are really grating and getting annoying. Especially when he lacks an obvious area for a voice line (like casting spells) and makes the same 2 sounds for 45 minutes when he moves.

This needs to be addressed. At least make him have a similar amount of lines as Io. Or something.

docbon

Phoenix is a really fun hero, but those voice lines (or lack thereof) are really grating and getting annoying. Especially when he lacks an obvious area for a voice line (like casting spells) and makes the same 2 sounds for 45 minutes when he moves.

This needs to be addressed. At least make him have a similar amount of lines as Io. Or something.

It's so fucking loud too compared to other heroes.

xanavi

Enchant with god's strength, feast, flak.

V.S.

Pugna with quills, aftershock, untouchable.

It was a close fucking game.

Ability draft is great. Had PL and went with greed, cm's ice aoe, smoke screen and black hole. My teammates thought I would do nothing but it worked out well!

Coming out of black hole and throwing riki's smoke screen causes a lot of problems for any escapes or counters.

Getting tide in this mode does seem deadly. You can make him really op.

I see a lot of invoker players getting RoB early on instead of say null talisman/bracers. What's the reasoning behind it?

1. Since Invoker doesn't care about runes, the aura helps you push when the enemy mid leaves.
2. Invoker has pretty bad starting armor.
3. You can disassemble it later and use the Sage Mask for Eul's.
4. +6 damage.

bounchfx

Bought Ember Spirit's Flames of Prosperity. Great set Bounch.

Glad you like it! :D

Just bought all 3 spirit sets, as well as the kaolin HUD, great job bounch :).

Thank you! I'm really glad you guys are digging the stuff, motivates me a lot.

just did my first random ability draft.. it was a hoot, oh man. I didn't know what was happening half the time lol. Dazzle was critting for 1300!!

NBtoaster

Dragon form seems to be bugged, your attacks just float in the air unless the enemy runs into them. Doesnt give extra range either (tried with earthshaker).

I really need to kick the habit of running away whenever I see an enemy hero. I mean sure, it's because I play support most of the time, and yeah you never know if they're alone or not, but I actually ran away from a Treant as a fed Lifestealer. Shit like that isn't supposed to happen...

sixghost

I made a Zeus with zeus's passive, surge, and voodoo restoration hoping I could trigger the passive by switching voodoo restoration on and off. Didn't work :(

Karakand

I really need to kick the habit of running away whenever I see an enemy hero. I mean sure, it's because I play support most of the time, and yeah you never know if they're alone or not, but I actually ran away from a Treant as a fed Lifestealer. Shit like that isn't supposed to happen...

gentle rodriguez indeed

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Opened two of the new chests today and got the Earthshaker totem and the amazingly lawlful Sniper dragon head rifle. Pleased so far. There really isn't anything in the gifts that I really want so I'm gonna keep saving my ingots top open more chests. Hoping this is the event I finally get a courier from.

Kreunt

Banned
just saw someone rage quit a random ability match like 5 minutes in.

i had edict, rocket barrage and shackles and barely got to use it :(

also had pudge ult.

shira

i1RVVvPEehg32.gif

Bloom chest Unusual courier effect

Fix incoming

Sibylus

Banned
Word to the wise: Avoid falling into the trap of having one non-ulti disable on a team of passives.

Every single game of RAD, lol.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Word to the wise: Avoid falling into the trap of having one non-ulti disable on a team of passives.

Every single game of RAD, lol.

Fuck that, my Warlock had Lucent beam, Last Word, Poison Touch, and Stone Gaze

Pratfall

Just had a 4 stack I played with give me a hard time for not building BoTs on Tinker in Random Ability Draft. I did not have rearm or march of the machines. Does not compute.

Mordeccai

Whats been the most OP skill wombo combo you guys have come across in ability draft? I laughed so hard I cried the first time I tried it out on test when an ancient app had shukuchi and rocket barrage. He killed so many heros in the first seven or eight minutes.

Satch

Banned
in random ability draft i had Bane and chose bristleback snot, the lich creep eating thing, elder titans sleep stomp and warlocks ulti

HILARIOUS

this is actually really cute

Kard8p3

Felt the need to once again say goddamn bounch, best loading screens I've seen. I had the LC one equipped up until today, but it always felt so low quality.

Karakand

I'm so timid I'm like the anti-XBOCT :(

Whenever I watch Na'Vi play I type "report xboct for feeding" [sic] in IRC after XBOCT dies the first time in the match, then copy paste that when he dies every subsequent time.

I apologize for not remembering your name poster, but someone itt recently played with XBOCT. If I had that opportunity I would use the report feature to report him for feeding because of that dumb thing I do in IRC when I spectate.

Hylian7

I did Disruptor with Essence Aura, Arc Lightning, Thunder Strike, and Permanent Invisibliity.

I built Dagon 5 and Veil and went to town on the other team. It was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom