• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Is this UI intentional, the beast killed you covers up its hp and when your allies buy things it covers up your shop UI

Hylian7

Whatever you do don't pick Meepo!

If one of the non-main Meepos is killed, when you are revived you only get that Meepo. This means no items and only one Meepo for you!

On top of that you can't buy Heart or Vlads, and you also only get level 16, so no 5th Meepo either.

Damn Eastern Range Invoker looks so much more neutered compared to workshop version. At least Sven set looks ok still despite the decrease in polygons. Also, Luna set for $15 is just way too much..

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Whatever you do don't pick Meepo!

If one of the non-main Meepos is killed, when you are revived you only get that Meepo. This means no items and only one Meepo for you!

On top of that you can't buy Heart or Vlads, and you also only get level 16, so no 5th Meepo either.

Dunno why anyone would pick Meepo for this mode anyway, there's way too much AOE damage going around. I imagine he'd just melt.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like there is no life steal items available, so WK may be a really viable pick for the mode. Seems his Revive doesn't always work right though.

The beasts aoe blowing ability pushed me into the trees to the edge of the map/disappeared completely for a minute or two, and I was unable to do anything since they regrow within seconds. Nice beta testing

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Aww man this event sounds fun. Stupid tax season... I probably won't be able to play Doto until late April.
Yeah, sadly you sort of had to play Dota at least some to get money to buy items to use in the mode. Its not a casual friendly mode.

Dota 2 Update - February 5th said:
-Removed inaccurate information in Eye of Skadi tooltip regarding lifesteal stacking. Eye of Skadi can stack lifesteal on both melee and ranged heroes

-Removed inaccurate information in Ghost Scepter's tooltip. Boots of Travel does not dispel Ghost Form, however using a Teleport Scroll does

Interesting.

Yeah, sadly you sort of had to play Dota at least some to get money to buy items to use in the mode. Its not a casual friendly mode.

That's what I get for being a filthy casual.

ViviOggi

1024x576.resizedimage

Acinixys

Posting this here

Get Brew when fighting

His ult lets him revive 3 people at once

Get Wraith King + Fuzzy

WKs Lifesteal is amazing in this mode

Wow servers crashing hardcore

Nirvana

Guy queues real match against the year beast. I pick Invoker, figuring that nukers will be good due to the clarities dropped and previous games doing decent damage with them.

Buy aghanims, 2 bloodstones.

Think I'm level 25, skill everything but invoke.

Cry.

BraXzy

So how do the gold tokens collected previously work? I'm yet to get on. Do you have to choose when to spend them and then they are gone, or is it your base money or what?

I don't want to waste them all on my first go.

EDIT: Nevermind, just read it! If only I had friends :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So how do the gold tokens collected previously work? I'm yet to get on. Do you have to choose when to spend them and then they are gone, or is it your base money or what?

I don't want to waste them all on my first go.

I think in the main mode, your gold will be 40xIngots, and any left over gold will be converted back to ingots.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SK Ursa is ez mode. Got 5 Million in practice with minimal effort.

You need to have though like 40 Armor and at least 2200 HP so you don't die in a single shot and can just heal up.

Nirvana

Looks like you have to play boring tanks as usual. I wish they would make an event where you can play fun nuking heroes instead of standing there fucking hitting the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom