• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't think there's an ability better or more satisfying to use in this game than Disraptor's Glimpse.

Christ so much Dota to watch today. Just finished Game 2 of Speed vs Fnatic. Was surprised Speed were able come back and win after throwing away the Rapier. I almost wish Speed didn't have glyph just to see how close the base race could have gotten at the end.

Question regarding the end; Do you think Weaver would have died anyways if Lich hadn't E-bladed??

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I like Ayesee, yeah he's probably not the best dota player and will occasionally mess up his analysis (but then again most of them do, I've heard Tobi and LD say the dumbest things at times and Lumi is by far the worst in this department--dude attacks any build that he doesn't see as standard and questions smart plays that he doesn't understand all the fucking time), but I don't listen to casts to learn, I just listen for entertaining play by play.

I dunno why nobody seems to like Ayesee besides myself. He has far and away the best voice and I find his play-by-play to be the most pleasing to listen to as well. Game knowledge is almost neither here nor there for me.

Chris R

Well I'm done playing this game on weekends. Not a single English speaker in any game yesterday or today, and 7-11 min waits for each one.

Much better on weeknights for some reason.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well I'm done playing this game on weekends. Not a single English speaker in any game yesterday or today, and 7-11 min waits for each one.

Add some gaffers to play with on weekends.

Start here

Edit: Has anyone else experienced ping spikes this weekend? I have been getting spikes from my normal 50-100ms up to 500ms+ for a couple seconds at a time.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

hello
My name is Ruslan Popov
very interested in play with you
I want to be your dota freind
plz add
respectfuly, Ruslan Popov

Chris R

I mean I don't want to sound racist, but somehow I never get grouped with the Español speakers who know how to properly ping and not go 0-8 or 1-8, feeding the opposite carry to the point where the game is lost :(

Probably because of my trash tier, oh well, still lots of good matches to watch on the weekends and other games to play.

shira

I mean I don't want to sound racist, but somehow I never get grouped with the Español speakers who know how to properly ping and not go 0-8 or 1-8, feeding the opposite carry to the point where the game is lost :(

Probably because of my trash tier, oh well, still lots of good matches to watch on the weekends and other games to play.

¡hola
Mi nombre es Ruslan Popov
muy interesado en jugar con usted
Quiero ser tu dota amigo
PLZ añadir
respectadorito, Ruslan Popov

So seriously, how do you play Nyx late game? As soon as I emerge I just get focused and rolled before I can do anything. Do you literally just position yourself and cut off their escape from the rest of the team and stay out of the mix or what? I do pretty well with him mid-game, but late I just bite it.

Chris R

So seriously, how do you play Nyx late game? As soon as I emerge I just get focused and rolled before I can do anything. Do you literally just position yourself and cut off their escape from the rest of the team and stay out of the mix or what? I do pretty well with him mid-game, but late I just bite it.

I've just decided that nyx (and the other invis heros) aren't for me, 1-4 nyx is enough for me to know that lol

sixghost

Are you playing him mid or as a support? If you play him mid, you just need to feast on the squishy supports and get so huge you can instagib people with eblade/dagon. He never really becomes a right click carry, so you just hope your carry used all the time you bought for them well.

Support nyx stays relevant by getting a blink dagger and stunning 2 or 3 heroes with impales.

n0b

Oh hi gaf-stack. GOD I WAS AWFUL. I'll blame it on the SD annoying me all game. I felt bad for you though 1.09.

shira

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440366
piepiepie 20-20
What happened on your last night in Korea? [MinzySC2]

Both teams went out together to eat at the Korean BBQ we always visited. Since it was the last day and we were done with all of our games the general idea seemed that we should be drinking a lot, so people start ordering cheap soju and beer. Since everyone is taking shots and I'm a sucker for peer pressure I join in and do whatever everyone else does--basically I keep taking beer shots for the entire meal. Hwanni had offered to take us out earlier in the week so we went to a place with him where we got some kind of VIP area (this is where my memory starts getting bad) where there is infinite of stuff to drink.

I don't remember leaving and I don't remember singing and I don't remember throwing up in the toilet that bone7 clogged earlier in the day and I certainly don't remember flushing it making me bathe in the mixture. I woke up still drunk the next day and ended up at the wrong airport so I had to rush to the right one. I ended up paying the cab driver in Swedish money because I had no Korean money left. It was almost a complete disaster. The funny thing is that I thought the Chinese lady beside me on the plane smelled like shit but when in reality I was the one smelling up the entire place.

shira

I dont even know what that means
bttf1-manure02.gif

Make like a tree and . . . get out of here

Are you playing him mid or as a support? If you play him mid, you just need to feast on the squishy supports and get so huge you can instagib people with eblade/dagon. He never really becomes a right click carry, so you just hope your carry used all the time you bought for them well.

Support nyx stays relevant by getting a blink dagger and stunning 2 or 3 heroes with impales.

So would you generally stun, then stealth and pick someone off? When I try to get into the mix and then stun I always miss it. Its a hard to hit stun to begin with.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Should i feel bad for playing pl guys? my last 8 games i have won with him no matter how bad things get, its kinda amazing really. once i get radiance i feel like i'm online and can take fights. Too bad i can't properly farm like my merlini does in that fantastic pl game he had, actually that merlini match is why i started playing pl.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Should i feel bad for playing pl guys? my last 8 games i have won with him no matter how bad things get, its kinda amazing really. once i get radiance i feel like i'm online and can take fights. Too bad i can't properly farm like my merlini does in that fantastic pl game he had, actually that merlini match is why i started playing pl.

no

Helmholtz

I dunno why nobody seems to like Ayesee besides myself. He has far and away the best voice and I find his play-by-play to be the most pleasing to listen to as well. Game knowledge is almost neither here nor there for me.
The reason I don't like Ayesee, is because from the casts I've seen of his, he often tries to analyze the game but says a lot of incorrect or strange shit. If he was strictly doing descriptive/play-by-play casting I wouldn't have an issue with him. And like I said in my previous post, I feel that casters like him should not be solo casting. There are a lot of moments in a game where there isn't much going on, which is where the analysis comes in, and his just isn't there in my opinion.

mfaex

The reason I don't like Ayesee, is because from the casts I've seen of his, he often tries to analyze the game but says a lot of incorrect or strange shit. If he was strictly doing descriptive/play-by-play casting I wouldn't have an issue with him. And like I said in my previous post, I feel that casters like him should not be solo casting. There are a lot of moments in a game where there isn't much going on, which is where the analysis comes in, and his just isn't there in my opinion.

He was better when he had a consistent cocaster in Draskyl. After Draskyl went to the gd studio, Ayesee was supposed to cast with Maelk in D2L, but that didn't happen, so all up to TI3 he had to solocast, which he just isn't equipped to do (personally I hate all solocasts).

Then there at TI people got on his shit, but he was so used to solocasting and filling airtime, I couldn't (and can't) hold it against him that he talked so much. I bet it's a very hard habit to break. Even now he doesn't have a locked-in cocaster. Draskyl was perfect for him. When he started he did just call the plays. and always deferred to Draskyl. It's too bad someone like Synd didn't get paired up with him, because that's what Ayesee really needs.

Loved the Ayesee-Draskyl pairing at TI2.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Well on the other hand, I don't watch a ton of pro Dota. I mainly watch in big tournaments, where there's always 2 casters. In fact I don't think I've ever watched an Ayesee-casted game in which he was solo.

He usually prefers to have a co-caster to do the analysis. When one isn't available, he has to do both. He's not a former player or anything, so expect (and expect to forgive) errors.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I need to know this. If TI4 is in Seattle I will be there.

Yeah I really want to go to TI4, hopefully the ticket fiasco isn't as crazy as last year. They should really limit you to something like 4 tickets per person maximum to prevent people from buying enormous quantities just for flipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom