• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like the cutoff between Jade and Red Hoof was about 20 Million. Seems around 10 Million+ is the score needed for Red Hoof this round.

Chris R

I hate how I lose 25 points each time but only seem to gain back 23 or 22 :(

I do like turning a game around, had only like 20 cs by 15 mins in on WD, end of the game though I was even cs and levels with the idiot carry who was in my lane

Yo where is that cyborgmatt how much money have ticket sales made thing?

I wanna know how a cheap ticket with .75 cents going to the pool is going for this joindota tourney.

I can find the mlg and starladder pages, but I thought just recently he had a new page up that showed a bunch.

Artanisix

I hate how I lose 25 points each time but only seem to gain back 23 or 22 :(

I do like turning a game around, had only like 20 cs by 15 mins in on WD, end of the game though I was even cs and levels with the idiot carry who was in my lane

i love losing 40-50 points a game and then getting 15-20 back per win

Helmholtz

Just watched that Speed vs. Fanatic game. Pretty good game, some hilarious throws from EE that they managed to recover from. Also, that Capitalist caster suuuucks in my opinion. Probably my least favorite caster up there with Ayesee. It's just brutal to listen to solo casts where the person doesn't have great game knowledge. Those people need to just stick to play by play and hire a pro or ex-pro to do analysis.

Finished my calibration matches, final score:

Supposedly the higher end, here's my advice to those who are at the lower end:

MMR does not fucking matter.

I lost like 80% of my placement matches, I had people picking terroblade jungle, I had people feed 20 times in a match. These things are consistent, there's no "golden tier" where everyone plays for their team. So don't stress out if your mmr is 1,000-3,000. You'll still get garbage games with people playing dumb. The only difference is maybe a wider variety of heroes being picked (you'll see more invokers, less drows) and people having a better understanding of game mechanics. There's still people picking 3 carries and such. If you want to take this game seriously, make a team.

shira

14 min

What is the next big LAN event? I wanna see S A D B O Y S vs Navi or Alliance in a lan event.

Prolly EMS One Spring, Dreamhack, or Starladder 9.

The next super payday is MLG Anaheim $200k + crowdfunding or WPC-ACE Season 2.

Just watched that Speed vs. Fanatic game. Pretty good game, some hilarious throws from EE that they managed to recover from. Also, that Capitalist caster suuuucks in my opinion. Probably my least favorite caster up there with Ayesee. It's just brutal to listen to solo casts where the person doesn't have great game knowledge. Those people need to just stick to play by play and hire a pro or ex-pro to do analysis.

He had sneyking come in for the EG game, but yeah I don't see TI4 with Toby & Kapatilist

You make it sound like Sneyking coming in helps the cast.

I don't mind the guy but I really can't listen to that voice plus the strange noises he make.

iRlW2x6P0fxcz.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I like Ayesee, yeah he's probably not the best dota player and will occasionally mess up his analysis (but then again most of them do, I've heard Tobi and LD say the dumbest things at times and Lumi is by far the worst in this department--dude attacks any build that he doesn't see as standard and questions smart plays that he doesn't understand all the fucking time), but I don't listen to casts to learn, I just listen for entertaining play by play.

The problem with Capitalist is that all he has is a good voice--his play by play is ass compared to Ayesee and Tobi (hell even LD), he constantly jumbles his words, screws up, repeats, and just uses the wrong descriptors. I mean I'll give it to him, part of that is just a result of solo casting, but regardless, it's still jarring.

I love seeing S A D B O Y S drafts, totally random almost every time.

Yeah it is really refreshing. Teams like Empire and Speed have just fallen into that comfort zone of picking from the same group of 12 heroes no matter the game. Screw that shit, I just want to see someone shatter that and it looks like S A D B O Y S might be the team to do it.

shira

I don't mind the guy but I really can't listen to that voice plus the strange noises he make.

Really matt? C'mon man that's a lowblow. Nobody calls you plus size.

Is the prizepool really that big? Even at the height of SC2 at MLG it didn't even come close to that.

They are betting the house

Speed sponsored
1240498_264866287006127_806258692_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...73741833.175998575892899&type=1&stream_ref=10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom