• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

BgD1uuGCQAAsitB.jpg:large

TV relic blade
- stick to couriers man

TxdoHawk

How fast do you have to kill after a Reincarnate with Wraith King to get it counted on a Reincarnation Kills gem? I haven't gotten a single one. :( Google doesn't give me anything.

Also, I can never seem to reset the counter on stat gem thingies I buy off the markeplace, right clicking and hitting the reset option doesn't seem to do anything?

traveler

Not Wario
You were limited in the number of tickets, there really are just a shit ton of people wanting to get them. I think only like 800 were on sale.

Valve is just going to need a bigger venue this year, or come up with a lottery system on allowing people to buy tickets. I'm hoping to actually go this year, last year I had to move around the time of TI3 and ended up selling the ticket a few weeks before.

Same. Although, I'll (hopefully) be employed this year when the tickets go on sale, so I don't think I can count on just lucking out and being able to snag one as soon as it goes on sale like I did last year. :(

Guess I'll just have to fork over the inevitable secondary market markup.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How fast do you have to kill after a Reincarnate with Wraith King to get it counted on a Reincarnation Kills gem? I haven't gotten a single one. :( Google doesn't give me anything.

Also, I can never seem to reset the counter on stat gem thingies I buy off the markeplace, right clicking and hitting the reset option doesn't seem to do anything?

I think its one of the gems thats flat out broken.

Also, Killing Demons is hard. Its been like 2 months and I have killed only 19 of them, almost all of them Shadow Demon.

And I still find it really funny watching the names update on tournament items. "LGD.Black^ of Quantic|Gaming scored a multi kill against Alliance on Jul 04, 2013."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are the Foulfell Shards still counting demon kills? I haven't had it tick up in a while.

Yeah. Not really sure if they are going to ever be for something useful, but they do count the number of Demons you kill, which is nice. I have one stuck on a ward so it tracks all the demons I kill. Which isn't many :(

Quesa

Yeah. Not really sure if they are going to ever be for something useful, but they do count the number of Demons you kill, which is nice. I have one stuck on a ward so it tracks all the demons I kill. Which isn't many :(

What counts as a demon? Never got that.

inkls

Doom, Queen Of Pain, Lion, Shadow Fiend, Shadow Demon. Terrorblade should count, but no clue if Valve remember to set that. I have also heard undying counts.

I always assumed Undying was a zombie. Unless the "dead god" is a demon, there's really no way of seeing him as anything else. Where did you hear that and was there any reason given? Unless you mean the shard counts him as one and its not fan theory.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I always assumed Undying was a zombie. Unless the "dead god" is a demon, there's really no way of seeing him as anything else. Where did you hear that and was there any reason given? Unless you mean the shard counts him as one and its not fan theory.

The wiki lists undying as counting for the Shard, but it is a wiki so it could be wrong, and it isn't that easy to verify.

I played my first two games with friends on saturday and want to dive a little deeper on my own so i dont fail as much next time. Are there any gaf recommended places just to do research.

I have a lot of down time at work. I could maybe even play a game its really slow.

manfestival

I played my first two games with friends on saturday and want to dive a little deeper on my own so i dont fail as much next time. Are there any gaf recommended places just to do research.

I have a lot of down time at work. I could maybe even play a game its really slow.

get a coach, there is a coaching feature. I wouldnt mind helping someone get up to speed. I am not that great but I do hold my own.

Below are some resources that I've come across..

Article
Obligatory Purge article

Videos
Comprehensive guide to last hitting- you're going to need to practice last hitting (5 CS a minute is the acceptable pace to play any role that requires farm)
Zone Control and Positioning- Best and most concise video on the topic of positioning- what constitutes being in position and out of position.
Actually, just check out Fierce's youtube channel and see what interest's you.
Supposedly for Beginners
Videos of coaching sessions teaching the various different roles

For specific heroes
Purge- Not the best but the most comprehensive
Merlini- For more advanced play

get a coach, there is a coaching feature. I wouldnt mind helping someone get up to speed. I am not that great but I do hold my own.

When someone twitches and it looks like they are interrupting their attack to time it to gank the creeper. What are they actually doing with the mouse and keyboard.

So there are some salvaged wraith king gems on the market, but I still have no idea where they come from. My sword n board doesn't have a gem in it, and from the prices of the gems it seems kind of rare?

F!ReW!Re

So there are some salvaged wraith king gems on the market, but I still have no idea where they come from. My sword n board doesn't have a gem in it, and from the prices of the gems it seems kind of rare?

yeah same here, was wondering about that since I thought I saw kirby announcing on here that they added a gem to that item.

M.D

Just lost a game that I'm pretty sure we would've won without someone disconnecting and never coming back 30 minutes into the game

The other team kept unpausing, and at the end one of their players asked for commends, and I just lost it and raged at him
but now I realize he never unpaused

Now I feel bad >.>

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I think you need to open up new Sword and Boards, which will generate them. So I guess you need to open Treasure of the Forbidden Lotuses. Valve still hasn't done a sweep of the items to force gems to generate in items that should have them but don't.

Wrong Gem Shira, thats a glitched gem that a useless collectors paper weight. This one.
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Kinetic: Salvaged Sword?filter=Gem

Its $6.

$200 for a gem that does nothing.

money well spent!

I think you need to open up new Sword and Boards, which will generate them. So I guess you need to open Treasure of the Forbidden Lotuses. Valve still hasn't done a sweep of the items to force gems to generate in items that should have them but don't.

Yea...I think I'll wait for them to update the existing ones.

Didn't realize their plan was to pick up Speed. Nice acquisition. Why waste time fucking around trying to assemble a squad when you can just buy right to the top. I'm surprised someone like CLG or Complexity didn't do something like this given they've already been in the Dota2 space and had some success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom