• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I be Nefarian? I quit WoW right when Blackwing Lair was coming out so I remember he was the baddest bad dude at the time.

Plus he had a cool fire crown.

Victor_nefarius.jpg

Are mana boots mandatory for supports?

No. They're not. You have to weigh your options and figure out what's best for your hero, role, and even your teammates.

Do you use a lot of mana and the others in your lane do as well? Probably mana boots then.

Are you going to ganking a lot? Want fast move speed, don't have to worry about mana too much, but want to recover life quickly so you don't waste time returning to base? Tranquils.

Are you worried about being to squishy? Power treads.

Etc. etc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did you see a note that says stats won't be counted? If not then game will count

Except if its ranked, Valve didn't seem to fix it right and you still lose MMR if you lose the game even if the abandoned happened before stats should be recorded.

You know I always told myself that I'd never spend a dime on Dota but I'm getting dangerously close to popping that cherry.

Noob question. Is there a way I could use a wards placed gem on an item that would make it so that it applied to all the heroes I played? Or is it only possible to do with an item from a particular hero? Like could I socket the gem on my courier, and if I dropped that courier every game, would it work regardless of what hero I played?

Quesa

You know I always told myself that I'd never spend a dime on Dota but I'm getting dangerously close to popping that cherry.

Noob question. Is there a way I could use a wards placed gem on an item that would make it so that it applied to all the heroes I played? Or is it only possible to do with an item from a particular hero? Like could I socket the gem on my courier, and if I dropped that courier every game, would it work regardless of what hero I played?

Heck I'm pretty sure you could do it the ward itself, assuming you have a cosmetic ward item.

I use Tranquils on Lion, Venge, CM, Lich, and KotL of the light. And probably a few other supports but definitely those 5 off the top of my head.

A new hot one off the presses is Phoneix.

I need them on him, but you could maybe get away without them if you played conservatively and rushed a mek.

Pratfall

That's what I did. Drop my loyal shagbark and he keeps track of my wards placed.

Hylian7

I use Tranquils on Lion, Venge, CM, Lich, and KotL of the light. And probably a few other supports but definitely those 5 off the top of my head.

Lone Druid! Best Tranquils carrier in the game, especially if you're having a rough lane. You can just CS with the bear and sit back and regen.

Demoli

Lone Druid! Best Tranquils carrier in the game, especially if you're having a rough lane. You can just CS with the bear and sit back and regen.

Not as good now actually, the burst heal ment a lot more back when you could switch to range form, heal, and then go back to melee. I feel Brown Boots is enough for most of the game.

Hylian7

Not as good now actually, the burst heal ment a lot more back when you could switch to range form, heal, and then go back to melee. I feel Brown Boots is enough for most of the game.

Nah, it's even better now. You can move faster, keep up with the bear, and be healing since your bear is doing most of the attacking.

manfestival

why do people complain about lag when they are playing from half way across the world on the US server?!

I dont even understand man.... people are so insufferable. GAF i just need to vent. was just carrying my team hard and they all started to listen to me to band together. then that one idiot doesnt want to listen and blames everyone else for everything stepped in and complained about lag and is from turkey and blamed me for his lag. I am not on like a 8 game lose streak that I shouldve broken but nope

does anyone from EU/russia/asia complain about people from half way across the world playing on their server? We cant be the only ones here in the US...

Are mana boots mandatory for supports?

Not at all, depends on how the game is going. If you're cash rich maybe from KSing first blood, you could consider it.

If you're finding farm and levels harder, go for some treads to get a bit of beef.

Just situational, you get a feel for it once you play enough games.

just lost again =\

I cant accept losing. I just got home and lose 2 out the gate. My heart is breaking right now. I need to win. even if its win then lose

Take the break man...When I go on these losing streaks, I end up with a win where I essentially get carried because I'm playing on tilt. The win is just as unsatisfying.

Quesa

Bro I see you venturing in that thread now, tread lightly though, you keep pissin on Sara and Wes might just lose his shit.

edit: GAFHOUSE UP, pw: neogaf

Like is there a way for me to get pinged when these happen by the time I see the post it's too late

First it was Demon now Jeyo is going to Korea to kill Blitz as Eye of Tiger member

EOT.Jeyo

What kind of shit tourney is this where you can fly ringers in for the finals

That's just terrible on so many levels. Could have been much worse for Zephyr, though. It's just Jeyo.

HTML is definitely one of the hardest programming languages to learn.
You are probably joking anyway, but HTML isn't even a programming language.

IceMarker

I've been losing so much lately that I've begun to just simply expect it every game, I'm even gonna make sure of it. Take my Broodmother game for example.

DOTA solo matchmaking (hell even small party matchmaking) is fucking stupid, but I will not stop playing it. I'm beginning to bring back that ol' new-to-HoN feeling I used to have where I just simply take others down with me. Feeding will get me reported, feigning stupidity won't.

Every game is the same shit teamwork, different broken strat employed by the other team. Say hello to overall 30-20% winrate in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom