• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpb

Neo Member
Doing a documentary on how your game is apparently the harbinger of esports breaking out into the mainstream? You don't see where that comes off as a bit impartial and self-congratulating?

The documentary isn't about that to be honest, it's more about the personal lives of the players who have dedicated all of their free time in order to play a video game, and how that affects those around them. It gives a history on Dota and Esports, but the focus is primarily on the players themselves.

Skab

So has anyone mentioned theres new cinematic stuff in the F2P trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-RKqGaNq-Y

AffectionateFamousGyrfalcon.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
god dammit there are some many tournaments i can't follow all this shit, i can hardly keep up with d2cl right now.

yeah at least before I could just go on twitch and watch them all, now I need to check dailymotion, mlg, and god knows what else.

mfaex

Indeed. Team Dog, why the fuck would you not finish off the Doom when he was lasso'd instead of just dragging him into middle lane?!

Demon plays. 4/5 of this team is ex-EG. I believe in the throw.

Though I want them to advance, bah.

Recap: The throw, two morph illusions bat-ganked, and a necro book kill securing the game.

Acinixys

How the fuck do I, with almost 2.5k hours of game time and a MMR of 3.5K plus, get matched with retarded shitters so consistently

http://dotabuff.com/matches/530069753

Riki and KotL go top

They then feed A SOLO HUSKAR 12 KILLS IN A ROW

KotL ends 1/20

F
M
L

Oh shit I forgot the best part

Riki went 0-4-4-3

Ended with ZERO POINTS IN SMOKE SCREEN. How can you be so dumb

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/530066693

Probably my hardest and most satisfying PA game ever. I had to drag Lycan's incompetent ass kicking and screaming to the win here. Me and my buddy on Lion killed Necro 3 times in lane (why they had solo off Necro I dunno). So I had the good start I needed and was powerful throughout. Thing was, they then grouped as 5 with Necrobooks and we couldn't halt the push, we had crap heroes for it. Pretty soon all of our outer towers were gone without us taking a single T1. We play defensive, getting pickoffs when we can, farming as quickly as possible and keeping lanes pushed out.

Eventually, I get my BKB (I went for the basher then helm first, which I regret). Now we can take fights, and I start cleaning house. But because of NP we can never get a push together to capitalize on it. Then Lycan starts getting picked off solo, farming the jungle with no tp, etc. After one fight where we kill three of them, me and Lycan push mid as the rest go for NP who is threatening rax. We get the T2, I immediately back, saying to do so in chat. Lycan stays, gets attacked, and lion plus Ogre die trying to save him. So with only me and Sniper up they take our rax. Lion respawns, and we have to go as they are going for the T4s. We fight, we die, then I buyback and kill everyone but OD and CM, who have to back cus they are on like 10% hp each. At this point our ancient is on less than half health.

Rosh respawns. Both teams hang around the pit, on opposite sides of the river. CM gets a haste rune, and gets cocky, thinking she can bait us. I blink on her as she runs at us, get a first hit bash, and they all rush in to save her. We teamwipe them, take rosh quickly, then barrel down mid. We throne them. Everyone in the game on each team played well except Lycan, but we got it. I feel so mentally drained right now haha.

Hylian7

Stupid question: What do you do if you lose your lane for whatever reason? I feel like this is the one question that is never answered because everyone just says "Don't lose your lane."

Stupid question: What do you do if you lose your lane for whatever reason? I feel like this is the one question that is never answered because everyone just says "Don't lose your lane."
What is your position? What is your hero? What do they have? What needs to be done to win?

There are lots of answers whether it's sit there and suck up xp/don't die, go roam, go jungle, completely abandon, do anything but feed is all dependant on the first questions.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Usually the best course of action is to buy a TP from the side shop and then go back to fountain.
After that mission is complete you should proceed with the flaming of your entire team because they suck ass for not winning your lane for you.

manfestival

immediatelyregretmydecision_zpsa0e645c0.jpg

this game just happened

our invoker decided to buy 3 rapier. Dies, weaver gets them. kills us a bunch then finally we get rapiers back before we end the game

Radec

637x358.resizedimage

heh..

You can lose your lane without dying. So don't die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom