• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

The last 4 times I played Timber I fed at least 3 kills pretty quickly so I now have experience in how to come back from a lost lane. With some heroes at least, just sap xp until you have enough to contribute offensively, then go ganking. Make sure the other lanes have a chance to win even if yours didn't. That may mean they push your tower down but they probably could have done that even if you were there.

More importantly, someone tell me how to not feed 3 kills as solo off timber :(

Quesa

The last 4 times I played Timber I fed at least 3 kills pretty quickly so I now have experience in how to come back from a lost lane. With some heroes at least, just sap xp until you have enough to contribute offensively, then go ganking. Make sure the other lanes have a chance to win even if yours didn't. That may mean they push your tower down but they probably could have done that even if you were there.

More importantly, someone tell me how to not feed 3 kills as solo off timber :(

Never ever get greedy. If they have stuns, get a point in timber chain early. If they don't, go for whirling death/reactive. If you can manage it, and their lane is squishy enough, get some last hits with whirling death while their (hopefully melee) carry goes for cs. This usually scares them and lets them know you can deal damage if they try to go on you. Don't go past the river even if you're out of exp range unless you have a point in timberchain.

Razzer

Never ever get greedy. If they have stuns, get a point in timber chain early. If they don't, go for whirling death/reactive. If you can manage it, and their lane is squishy enough, get some last hits with whirling death while their (hopefully melee) carry goes for cs. This usually scares them and lets them know you can deal damage if they try to go on you. Don't go past the river even if you're out of exp range unless you have a point in timberchain.

My biggest problem is that even with Arcane boots I feel like I have horrendous mana issues. So without them in the first few minutes I feel incredibly vulnerable and like I can't do much. But then I've been against tons of cc in these games so it's probs just down to that. In one the SB even apologised in all chat for how many bashes he was getting lol.

Quesa

My biggest problem is that even with Arcane boots I feel like I have horrendous mana issues. So without them in the first few minutes I feel incredibly vulnerable and like I can't do much. But then I've been against tons of cc in these games so it's probs just down to that. In one the SB even apologised in all chat for how many bashes he was getting lol.

Haha, not much you can do vs bash lords. And yeah timber's got mana issues early on so it's just about managing your mana pool better. Always have enough for a timberchain and don't use WD in lane unless you're sure you can get 1-3 cs with it. once you get your arcane, mana up, then use some of it in a gank. Or tp to base to stock up/find a gank somewhere else since they then you're most likely 6-7 and should be able to get a kill solo or with some help.

Also, Crystal Maiden. Ask for her by name!

Hylian7

It depends how badly you are losing it.

What is your position? What is your hero? What do they have? What needs to be done to win?

There are lots of answers whether it's sit there and suck up xp/don't die, go roam, go jungle, completely abandon, do anything but feed is all dependant on the first questions.

Usually the best course of action is to buy a TP from the side shop and then go back to fountain.
After that mission is complete you should proceed with the flaming of your entire team because they suck ass for not winning your lane for you.

637x358.resizedimage

heh..

You can lose your lane without dying. So don't die.

You cry and cry and cry and cry for ganks.

For example Storm Spirit mid and they sit on you and gank you 2 or 3 times coming from where you don't have wards or with smoke before you even get 6 basically making you useless for ganking anytime soon and you certainly aren't having items anytime soon. Specifically this match.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/530129051

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Buy your own wards if you really need them.

I'll buy wards on any hero in any role if I feel it's really necessary.

If they let you dodge even a single gank then they've paid for themselves many times over.

Hylian7

Buy your own wards if you really need them.

I'll buy wards on any hero in any role if I feel it's really necessary.

If they let you dodge even a single gank then they've paid for themselves many times over.

We had wards, they were just bought and placed not in places where the ganks came from.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well then, you're boned. It looks like you got nerded.

It happens.

shit like this has been happening to me constantly. I've dropped 300 MMR points in the last 3 days. It has me convinced that matchmaking is just completely broken.

I will see pudge moving on the map, ping.... say pudge is missing and care... and it doesn't matter. Guy will stay in his lane and still get grabbed. It's beyond me how I am on the same level as these guys.

My team just feeds... repeatedly. They get such a hard on for defending in spots we are behind and they just ping over and over and then feed over and over out of pure tilt. And the other half of the match I spend running away from pudge who has free roam of the map. Game is really losing its appeal to me at this point.

0TnjPOa.jpg

Nirvana

shit like this has been happening to me constantly. I've dropped 300 MMR points in the last 3 days. It has me convinced that matchmaking is just completely broken.

To be fair, you went the greediest possible build you can on Void, BF and Midas and then MOM. I guess the point is, you can really only look at your own mistakes in a game and try and improve on those, otherwise you're setting yourself up for rage.

I fuck up all the time, and it's my realisation of that, which kind of stops me raging on people who make dumb mistakes, because everyone does.

Like I said earlier, the best thing you can do is try and rally the team, even if that doesn't always work.

Just to clarify, I'm an awful pub and get annoyed exactly like you are here, I'm just looking for the optimal solution to the problem we all face; which in the end is being able to realise you are never void of blame (pun totally intended).

ElyrionX

I will see pudge moving on the map, ping.... say pudge is missing and care... and it doesn't matter. Guy will stay in his lane and still get grabbed. It's beyond me how I am on the same level as these guys.

My team just feeds... repeatedly. They get such a hard on for defending in spots we are behind and they just ping over and over and then feed over and over out of pure tilt. And the other half of the match I spend running away from pudge who has free roam of the map. Game is really losing its appeal to me at this point.

0TnjPOa.jpg

Take a break. Not just now but in between matches. 300 MMR means at least 12 games played in 3 days, probably closer to 20. That's way too much.

Take a break. Not just now but in between matches. 300 MMR means at least 12 games played in 3 days, probably closer to 20. That's way too much.

Just played another game. Got matched with the NID guys from the opposite team before. Immediately they started "omg faceless sucks he got RAPED last game hes such a n00b"

They leave me alone in safe lane vs Lich / Silencer. Also after level 6 when they would appear in my lane, SB and puck would kill 2-3 waves of farm and push the safe lane all the way into their teir 2, and then go back off to their roaming / ganking meanwhile I miss out on 400-500 gold that puts me that much closer to being able to make a difference. I understand this game on such a good level....yet I simply never have a team that applies any common sense to this game.

This was the end result.

I never once had anyone help my lane, went a completely different build in an attempt to help the team more and at the end of the game I get reported by everyone (note I am chat banned and can't even talk in the game currently)

So now I'm facing 5-10 more reports for "being bad and not farming" when I literally had no help because they said fuck you, and left me alone in a lane with lich and silencer.

Thanks guys.

I am uninstalling Dota 2. 1500 hours is enough to realize this community is pure, and utter shit.

9KRfsqz.png

F!ReW!Re

Thanks guys.

I am uninstalling Dota 2. 1500 hours is enough to realize this community is pure, and utter shit.

Dude, no offense but you either got to take a break for a while or stop solo queuing.
Just join multiple chat channels (Neogaf, giantbomb, etc) and hook up with some other players.

Dude, no offense but you either got to take a break for a while or stop solo queuing.
Just join multiple chat channels (Neogaf, giantbomb, etc) and hook up with some other players.

I just don't get why this game is the way it is at my current MMR. I was up to 3300 solo, (3600 party with a friend) and then all of the sudden the past few days I have seen the most asinine picks combined with some of the absolute worst play imaginable. Ontop of that, I also pick what I consider to be a high impact hero... and I am ALWAYS the one that gets blamed for the loss. No matter how well I play in relation to the team. And you guys are right, having the name "Peruvian Pudge" attracts more racism and negative comments than you'd ever imagine. People are so hateful in this game, it's insane.

Just played another game. Got matched with the NID guys from the opposite team before. Immediately they started "omg faceless sucks he got RAPED last game hes such a n00b"

They leave me alone in safe lane vs Lich / Silencer. Also after level 6 when they would appear in my lane, SB and puck would kill 2-3 waves of farm and push the safe lane all the way into their teir 2, and then go back off to their roaming / ganking meanwhile I miss out on 400-500 gold that puts me that much closer to being able to make a difference. I understand this game on such a good level....yet I simply never have a team that applies any common sense to this game.

This was the end result.

I never once had anyone help my lane, went a completely different build in an attempt to help the team more and at the end of the game I get reported by everyone (note I am chat banned and can't even talk in the game currently)

So now I'm facing 5-10 more reports for "being bad and not farming" when I literally had no help because they said fuck you, and left me alone in a lane with lich and silencer.

Thanks guys.

Also of note is Axe's farm. Not only did he sit in the jungle all early game while I was getting dominated in top lane, he made sure to farm all the jungle camps everytime they spawned so I'd have no farm in the late game to do anything as well. I had no where to go, still ended up with the least deaths and the most assists. Fuck my life this gameeeeeeeee

Mohasus

For example Storm Spirit mid and they sit on you and gank you 2 or 3 times coming from where you don't have wards or with smoke before you even get 6 basically making you useless for ganking anytime soon and you certainly aren't having items anytime soon. Specifically this match.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/530129051

It didn't matter what you did, you lost all of your lanes. They saw your vulnerability and capitalized on it. Their mid had the same weakness, but you aren't ganking/killing with a disruptor and a phoenix as supporters. Bad picks, it happens. Also, you don't expose yourself if you don't know where their supporters are. A failed gank is a small win for you.

Ontop of that, I also pick what I consider to be a high impact hero... and I am ALWAYS the one that gets blamed for the loss.
You don't pick void if you aren't certain that you'll be farming easily. You have no impact without farm. In this case, I'd pick someone like juggernaut. You can easily deal with lich's harass with healing ward (I'm assuming he was soloing the offlane) and your ult would be pretty good considering they are squishy (except for pudge).

F!ReW!Re

I just don't get why this game is the way it is at my current MMR. I was up to 3300 solo, (3600 party with a friend) and then all of the sudden the past few days I have seen the most asinine picks combined with some of the absolute worst play imaginable. Ontop of that, I also pick what I consider to be a high impact hero... and I am ALWAYS the one that gets blamed for the loss. No matter how well I play in relation to the team. And you guys are right, having the name "Peruvian Pudge" attracts more racism and negative comments than you'd ever imagine. People are so hateful in this game, it's insane.

Everybody in here has encountered losing streaks, game after game of retarded picks and even if the picks are good you get people that really really suck.
That shit just happens.
Stacking with other players helps a lot; it still doesn't guarantee a win, but the picks will be less retarded and you'll probably encounter "normal" communication.

Also this game is heavily influenced by your own "mood" as well.
Once you get into this "fuck this game, I'm on a losing streak" type of mood, you're not gonna end up winning games (except if you get lucky enough to get carried).

And tbh though, having your name as "Peruvian Pudge" is kinda asking for people to flame/report you.

Nirvana

I just don't get why this game is the way it is at my current MMR. I was up to 3300 solo, (3600 party with a friend)

This isn't exactly a high MMR to be honest (I have 3500). You sound like you have a very high opinion of your own level of play when in fact you are at the MMR you are for a reason, as am I. You just have to realise you aren't as good as you think you are and your teammates aren't always entirely at fault for the loss, just concentrate on yourself and improving and you'll stop flipping out so much.

Everybody in here has encountered losing streaks, game after game of retarded picks and even if the picks are good you get people that really really suck.
That shit just happens.
Stacking with other players helps a lot; it still doesn't guarantee a win, but the picks will be less retarded and you'll probably encounter "normal" communication.

Also this game is heavily influenced by your own "mood" as well.
Once you get into this "fuck this game, I'm on a losing streak" type of mood, you're not gonna end up winning games (except if you get lucky enough to get carried).

And tbh though, having your name as "Peruvian Pudge" is kinda asking for people to flame/report you.

This game happened earlier today.

I literally listened to people over mic constantly bitch at how bad I was (they were grouped together, Bristle Pugna and Silencer... each all had over 900 hours played in Dota 2), and how I wasn't doing anything to help the team. It all started after I missed a hook on the top lane while my team constantly threw themselves into tier one towers and bitched at me for not hooking when it was 5v3 in their favor. Makes me rage soo much dude. Not to mention both dual lanes got totally crushed while I was ahead in mid.

voXE8VA.jpg

ucQcibp.jpg

It didn't matter what you did, you lost all of your lanes. They saw your vulnerability and capitalized on it. Their mid had the same weakness, but you aren't ganking/killing with a disruptor and a phoenix as supporters. Bad picks, it happens. Also, you don't expose yourself if you don't know where their supporters are. A failed gank is a small win for you.

You don't pick void if you aren't certain that you'll be farming easily. You have no impact without farm. In this case, I'd pick someone like juggernaut. You can easily deal with lich's harass with healing ward (I'm assuming he was soloing the offlane) and your ult would be pretty good considering they are squishy (except for pudge).

No. I was put against silencer and lich in the offlane. I pinged and asked for help multiple times, while WD and another took our offlane vs AM

F!ReW!Re

This game happened earlier today.

I literally listened to people over mic constantly bitch at how bad I was (they were grouped together, Bristle Pugna and Silencer... each all had over 900 hours played in Dota 2), and how I wasn't doing anything to help the team. It all started after I missed a hook on the top lane while my team constantly threw themselves into tier one towers and bitched at me for not hooking when it was 5v3 in their favor. Makes me rage soo much dude. Not to mention both dual lanes got totally crushed while I was ahead in mid.

And that's the problem right there;
Don't listen to these people. There's a MUTE button for a reason.
Every time I get into a game and someone starts flaming, hating, spouting their own language over the mic/over the chat I'll just mute them. Let me tell you: The mute button is bliss. No whining, no flaming, no bitching. Screw them and just play.

I also have the problem that I'll start raging if people start blaming me for their own stupid shit. It'll even turn my whole mood around probably resulting in bad play.
It's gotten to the point where I really hate queuing for EU West servers because it's full of Russians who are either shit, spam Russian shit on the chat or both.
I can keep raging at these guys, but it's not gonna change anything.
MUTE IS THE ANSWER.

I'm 2500 hours in atm and the amount of stupid shit you get to see in these games is amazing.
The thing is though, when you do get together with a couple of like minded players and win a few games, it's absolutely great.
Just keep spamming those chat groups if someone wants to do some MM.
Your Dota experience will drastically improve from playing with people you actually like and/or who want to communicate.

F!ReW!Re

So Duel takes priority over Berserker's Call, for those that are curious. Always.

What announcer are you using there Hylian, don't recognize it?

Edit*:
You lucky SOB with that double ensnare on OD!

Edit2:
Wtf both sniper and pudge dropped to necro units? :D

ElyrionX

Haha, FV is most definitely not high impact, dude. In fact, there are very few heroes in the game that are as low impact as FV. And why are you even chat banned in the first place anyway?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
No. I was put against silencer and lich in the offlane. I pinged and asked for help multiple times, while WD and another took our offlane vs AM

Try playing captains mode to filter out the really dumpster people, and then only ever play solos. Take the offlane or mid every game. This way the only person affecting your lane is you, because even if youre the hc you will have to deal with your two support players in lane. I lost ~350 rating after going +100 after the first week or so, then I stopped playing trilane heroes entirely. Am now back to ~+150 from where my soloq mmr started.

Haha, FV is most definitely not high impact, dude. In fact, there are very few heroes in the game that are as low impact as FV. And why are you even chat banned in the first place anyway?

Void is massive impact as soon as he gets off the ground. He doesn't need as much farm as people think, the bash damage inside of chrono crushes squishy heroes nearly alone early in the game.

Hylian7

What announcer are you using there Hylian, don't recognize it?

Edit*:
You lucky SOB with that double ensnare on OD!

Edit2:
Wtf both sniper and pudge dropped to necro units? :D

You ever in a game where you feel like it's 1v5? Yeah...this one is one of those games.

To answer your question, it's Nature's Prophet. Got it for Year Beast.

Also that double root on OD was awesome, could not believe my luck there.

Try playing captains mode to filter out the really dumpster people, and then only ever play solos. Take the offlane or mid every game. This way the only person affecting your lane is you, because even if youre the hc you will have to deal with your two support players in lane. I lost ~350 rating after going +100 after the first week or so, then I stopped playing trilane heroes entirely. Am now back to ~+150 from where my soloq mmr started.

Good advice. I think I am back to my clockwerk, lich, bristle, axe play for a while in the offlane.

Mohasus

And how WD would help you? I'm 4.8k but I play with a lot of friends in the 3k bracket and the problem I see with most of them is that they don't understand why they do things and then they can't adapt.

When playing solo, I'm usually the last to pick. I give my team what they are most comfortable with, so the chances that they'll be friendly is higher.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/525140955
I'm the anti-mage in this match, as soon as I saw mirana and lich (after my pick) I called mid (they already had pudge) because top was lost and my team started to talk shit. We won.

F!ReW!Re

You ever in a game where you feel like it's 1v5? Yeah...this one is one of those games.

Yep, solo queueing does that.....
Man that venge and pudge we're shit.
Dude was so afraid/bad with his hooks.

And why the hell was sniper offlaning when he could get free farm on bot????

To answer your question, it's Nature's Prophet.

Wut? That sounded like really weird.
Prophet being my most played hero, that voice sounded different somehow.
Meh must be the stream + shitty iphone earplugs.

Hylian7

Yep, solo queueing does that.....
Man that venge and pudge we're shit.
Dude was so afraid/bad with his hooks.

And why the hell was sniper offlaning when he could get free farm on bot????

No idea, I tried to say that WR should offlane and we could trilane bot or just do 2-1-2 (Magic Missile > Hook > Sniper shrapnel/right click), it's an unorthodox trilane, but it would work.

Edit: The Venge from last game is on my team again....why.

Razzer

Void is massive impact as soon as he gets off the ground. He doesn't need as much farm as people think, the bash damage inside of chrono crushes squishy heroes nearly alone early in the game.

Not to mention if you pick someone like Witch Doctor, Lich or Jakiro you have a perfect setup for them to use their ults to max potential, which should be massive damage.

F!ReW!Re

No idea, I tried to say that WR should offlane and we could trilane bot or just do 2-1-2 (Magic Missile > Hook > Sniper shrapnel/right click), it's an unorthodox trilane, but it would work.

Edit: The Venge from last game is on my team again....why.

Hahaha man that roshan bash!
So unlucky....

God Enel

Good advice. I think I am back to my clockwerk, lich, bristle, axe play for a while in the offlane.

Don't you have anyone to play with? im constantly playing with min. 3 (mostly 4 or full stack) of my friends because i cannot stand shit like that any more. Makes life much easier and more fun games. Play with some gaffers? in the guild are a lot of people afaik.

Nirvana

Don't you have anyone to play with? im constantly playing with min. 3 (mostly 4 or full stack) of my friends because i cannot stand shit like that any more. Makes life much easier and more fun games. Play with some gaffers? in the guild are a lot of people afaik.

Secret of Evermore, what a fucking game.

Raytow

I keep hearing about the guild, the neogaf dota channel is dead the 99% of the time, how do you join it?

Madouu

You're welcome to play with us, rating is 3.5k~4k for most of us, as long as you keep your cool. We're always missing one or two people for a full stack. I'm always in the gaf channel on the evenings.

You've got to keep in mind that horrible plays happen at all ratings, eventually people pick up heroes they're not used to play and make bad mistakes. That doesn't necessarily mean they are overall awful players or not willing to win the game, having reasonable expectations out of your teammates helps enjoy dota 2 much more. Your other issue seems to be linked with solo queuing and ending up with stacks of 2 or 3 that will naturally end up blaming the "random" than one of their friends. This is something you just have to filter. You can easily tell from the first sentences a player utters if he's going to offer any good advice or if you should just mute him instantly. Also, if you're in a bad mood, just mute everybody and focus on the game. Scratch that, if you're in a bad mood, just don't play dota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom