• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euls on Lina is so fun. It's hard to time the stun correctly but you can just taste the salt.

I don't think I'll ever be yolo enough to get it first instead of force staff, though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wisp Ursa now!
That Ember game was just fucking absurd.

I wonder if pubbies will still think he's shit after he's been seeing some success in CM.
Pubbies already build those exact items. It's fine as long as no one catches him.
I've seen more BF Ember then Deso/Drums/Phase/Vlads/Mael.

He's a strong hero with a weird effectiveness curve.

That Ember game was just fucking absurd.

I wonder if pubbies will still think he's shit after he's been seeing some success in CM.
He was hyped up as the most broken pos ever. The nerfs he got obviously made him more "balanced" but he was also completely overshadowed by earth spirit who was in fact a completely broken pos.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This Sand King ;_;7

Wn5gCsb.png

CyVo52d.jpg

U4wMfFv.png

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ember is truly flavour of the month now. Been seeing him in plenty of my games.
I played him when the patch hit before I only played Earth. Did well with him.

I actually got 2xBF + Rapier in the first game, but our team was getting completely spanked.
S8oXehX.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So, going by Hazaro's dotobuff, this means Ember Spirit is next on the chopping block.

It was nice knowing you, EmS.

manfestival

He doesn't move. All it takes is someone to say go and the experience to know travel times on the globals.
Its not exactly that easy, speaking from experience. Also he probably sat there and took it just thinking it was gonna be one ult. Not all ults.
I feel it highlights more of how weak LoL spells are.
Takes four ults to drop a single caster.
Yeah, lols abilities are more about spamming and getting them used as much as possible minus the global ults which have longer cooldowns. ashe arrow is more about the stun. ziggs ult hits hard if you land it in the center but the damage is lesser the further you are from the ult and the others hurt but are more assassination style ults. Which probably explains that, karthus(guy that died) ult on the other hand, can have one of the hardest hitting ults. Can one shot in some cases if fed enough.

I think lol gets bashed unfairly from the dota 2 community. I am always taken aback by the overal mentality against the game. love both games, even if i havent played lol in months.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ember is truly flavour of the month now. Been seeing him in plenty of my games.

Most fun hero to play in the game by far; he's like morphling (my second favorite carry/hero) except he comes online 5-10 minutes into the game as opposed to 25-35 minutes in.

Dec

Its not exactly that easy, speaking from experience. Also he probably sat there and took it just thinking it was gonna be one ult. Not all ults.

The ezreal ult hit first, then he tried to run away straight down the lane, the Ashe arrow hit him because it was sent straight down the lane from base, which then allowed Draven's and Ziggs ults to connect. It seems to me to be a mixture of it really not being that hard (it all hinges on the Ashe arrow connecting) and the enemy standing completely still pushing a tower long enough for Ashes arrow to hit him from far off screen against a line up that should have obviously been a global set up.

I played LoL for years before I got into the Dota 2 beta.

Can't even express how much I love this hero right now. Why it took me 1000 games to start playing him I will never know.

I'm everywhere, doing big things. I'm finding it's terribly common for a support at my mmr to solo push a lane and I'll just tp behind him, sheep, and he's dead. So much ganking potential I never really followed up on.

Moved up 400+ points in solo ranked and went 19-3 with him the past few days.

BK7siIw.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can't even express how much I love this hero right now. Why it took me 1000 games to start playing him I will never know.

I'm everywhere, doing big things. I'm finding it's terribly common for a support at my mmr to solo push a lane and I'll just tp behind him, sheep, and he's dead. So much ganking potential I never really followed up on.

Moved up 400+ points in solo ranked and went 19-3 with him the past few days.

BK7siIw.jpg

What MMR are you standing at now?

Sanjay

Most fun hero to play in the game by far; he's like morphling (my second favorite carry/hero) except he comes online 5-10 minutes into the game as opposed to 25-35 minutes in.

Most fun hero to play in the game by far right now is Terrorblade.

GorillaJu

I dont know what country's people type "wkwkwk" to indicate laughter but its safe to say whatever country it is, their people are fucking terrible at dota and should just stop playing.

Aghs is legit on Tinker if you're behind. It's so hard to break base vs double laser range/quad rockets.

I wish you saw stuff like this more often. This games community is so against anything but one build per hero in the pub scene. If you ever deviate or play different you are flamed to no end.

Dec

Do you get anything from clearing the play vs. humans part of the tutorial? Limited Pool really sucks, I had to support Sven (it worked well though) because there were no stunning supports left.

Don't really want to play the same boring heroes for another 6 games.

Do you get anything from clearing the play vs. humans part of the tutorial? Limited Pool really sucks, I had to support Sven (it worked well though) because there were no stunning supports left.

Don't really want to play the same boring heroes for another 6 games.
You get the last part of the Sniper set.

I wish you saw stuff like this more often. This games community is so against anything but one build per hero in the pub scene. If you ever deviate or play different you are flamed to no end.
I dunno what MMR you're at but the only time I've seen this is when someone is building something blatantly retarded.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I have the whole set.
  • Vs. Axe: Gunslinger's Cape
  • Mid Lane: Gunslinger's Bracers
  • Vs. Bots: Gunslinger's Hat
  • Vs. People: Gunslinger's Rifle
You should have three of the four unless you played Dota before the full tutorial was implemented, in which case you got the rifle automatically.

Dec

• Vs. Axe: Gunslinger's Cape
  • Mid Lane: Gunslinger's Bracers
  • Vs. Bots: Gunslinger's Hat
  • Vs. People: Gunslinger's Rifle
You should have three of the four unless you played Dota before the full tutorial was implemented, in which case you got the rifle automatically.

Oooh. That would be why. I'm not going to finish it then, thanks.

Hylian7

You get the last part of the Sniper set.

I dunno what MMR you're at but the only time I've seen this is when someone is building something blatantly retarded.
This. I streamed a Dota 1 match last night and bought a (late) blink. My team reacted like they had never seen a blink Tinker before.

Meanwhile the NP on the other team rushed Dagon 5 and no one batted an eye.

manfestival

The ezreal ult hit first, then he tried to run away straight down the lane, the Ashe arrow hit him because it was sent straight down the lane from base, which then allowed Draven's and Ziggs ults to connect. It seems to me to be a mixture of it really not being that hard (it all hinges on the Ashe arrow connecting) and the enemy standing completely still pushing a tower long enough for Ashes arrow to hit him from far off screen against a line up that should have obviously been a global set up.

I played LoL for years before I got into the Dota 2 beta.

I played LoL since early beta and dota before that but that really means nothing man . Yeah I can see how it all went down (I wasnt going for full on accuracy as anyone can see it clearly). I still think its a cool gif, even if your perspective on it is different because you may consider it an easier game. Still takes coordination to pull it off. So what if dude was a zombie hitting the mid tower? I have seen many lucky gifs in dota 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom