• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

Im watching this LCS LoL shit on Twitch

And ive gotta say, Dota is a much prettier game, ESPECIALLY when fights happen.

Im watching 5v5 shit go down and its boring as hell. Some blue spikes and a little red glowy shit and the fight is over.

So glad i never got into LoL

Also, 30 min game but only 10 kills to 20

Gross.

Hylian7

54anLnL.png
Wat, why would he block Blackmoorex?

Dec

Lost a 65 minute match last night because even though I was way bigger than Wrath King, I wasn't big enough (were both 6 slotted) to kill him twice.

The team wouldn't buy anything I asked them to, but I figured our only shot was diffusal blade on sniper to drain his mana so he couldn't res? Or Necro, but I don't think anyone was good enough to micro them. I also asked for boots of travel for someone to split push because both our thrones were open, but none of that happened.

The other thing is that I could take him around 40-45 minutes, the sweet spot where warlock golems were destroying us and Wrath King was huge.

Also could have coordinated a lot more Roshans to make up for his ult.

Only my third game of the PVP, but the skill of my opponents was much higher than the first two games.

Edit: Oh ya I was Sven.

Dec

Post Dotabuff?

I don't think I have my match sharing on or something?

Also there is no replay it says. I took a screen though.

iZBTAVMU02QLr.png

I think my main downfall was that I should have farmed as much as possible after I got 6 slotted for buy back. I was seriously huge, with lucky crits I 1v3'd their team when all of them were hitting the throne and everyone called GG. Couldn't stop the push after that though.

Edit: Also asked the Windranger to get sythe of vyse at like 40 minutes in but nothing.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I blame your Sand King as well, but bad itemization really killed you.
Earth Spirit is still a piece of shit hero, and its because of BS like this
You realize that the first half of the video is pre-nerf and not that special at all right? After that he hit two long range nukes, just play WR.

He's just support bitch who can save people and doesn't fit the meta anymore. He can solo kill every 115s, but then can't support or teamfight for a whole minute. Pretty bad.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So guys how do you recover when you are behind levels compared to everyone? I had a couple of games where i didn't get enough xp and i was hurting until the end of the match.

Dec

I blame your Sand King as well, but bad itemization really killed you.

For my team mates or myself?

Also, in these tutorial games, a bot takes over for the people that DC, so while Drow and Bounty were easy to kill, Drow still silenced and Bounty still tracked, and I would say were more helpful than some of my team mates.

Acinixys

I think my main downfall was that I should have farmed as much as possible after I got 6 slotted for buy back. I was seriously huge, with lucky crits I 1v3'd their team when all of them were hitting the throne and everyone called GG. Couldn't stop the push after that though.

Was the game 3v5? Ah ok bots

Did you farm a fresh BKB when yours hit 5 seconds?

Was Razor using his link on WK to steal his damage every fight?

Were you guys killing everyone else first and focusing WK last?

I'm pretty certain we would have won if we had pushed at 40-45 minutes. I wish there was a replay.

me 2

Dec

Was the game 3v5?

Did you farm a fresh BKB when yours hit 5 seconds?

The Drow left extremely early because me and Windranger had a kill per minute in the laning stage. The Bounty kept disconnecting, and after the third time didn't come back around like 30 minutes in. But as I said above, they still do stuff in the tutorial games.

I didn't farm a fresh BKB, it would have been next if the game didn't end, would you have prioritized it over finishing Assault Cuirass?

I'm pretty certain we would have won if we had pushed at 40-45 minutes. I wish there was a replay.

To your edits: Razer was a pretty poor player, and I seriously doubt it.

Yes to focusing everyone else. We just kited WK as much as possible, the Warlock had to buy ghost scepter because I 3 shot him every fight.

Also gotta remember this was the third game of the play vs. humans tutorial, a lot of these players are extremely new. Me, WR, WK, Zeus and Warlock were the only people that had any idea how to play.

We had two racks down so they usually had to keep 1-2 heroes in base, usually the bots.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Also gotta remember this was the third game of the play vs. humans tutorial, a lot of these players are extremely new. Me, WR, WK, Zeus and Warlock were the only people that had any idea how to play.
Then your team itemization is incredible :lol

But yeah Hex is sometimes needed and is much stronger if you have fewer hex targets.
Sven can get Blink -> stun insta gib warlock. Abyssal instead of AC is fine too since your DPS is already extremely high and you need single target lockdown.
WR should have built Orchid/Hex or both instead of pure damage
Sniper could have gotten an early diffusal to insta kill golems and to kit WR
Anyone could have built Atos to kite WK (Razor)
SK should instagib Zeus/Warlock in fights, could maybe have farmed up a BKB/Halberd. Veil is cheaper and does more damage than Aghs.

Sometimes your primary Agi/Str hero just needs to build a hex because you need it to win.

Dec

Then your team itemization is incredible :lol

But yeah Hex is sometimes needed and is much stronger if you have fewer hex targets.
Sven can get Blink -> stun insta gib warlock. Abyssal instead of AC is fine too since your DPS is already extremely high and you need single target lockdown.
WR should have built Orchid/Hex or both instead of pure damage
Sniper could have gotten an early diffusal to insta kill golems and to kit WR
Anyone could have built Atos to kite WK (Razor)
SK should instagib Zeus/Warlock in fights

Sometimes your primary Agi/Str hero just needs to build a hex because you need it to win.

I did recommend Sniper to get Diffusal and WR to get sheep stick.

I will remember the others for future games. In any case, none of it really would have mattered because no matter how many times I asked people to pick up items, they never did. I don't think there was a single ward purchased, and thankfully Bounty DCed because detection would have been the same.

I got AC because my base attack speed was terrible once MoM ran out but I'll consider my option more closely next time. I'm not sure I would get blink, as you said, with Sandking those heroes should die anyways if we are playing the team fight correctly.

Edit: On another note, would you recommend skipping these limited pool games? I can play ranked games. In these tutorial games the winner is essentially who ever has the least amount of first time players.

inkls

So yeah, playing pl in ranked is a bad idea :/

Even got kotl with me in lane...

amount of times he giff mana? 2

Anyone has tips on what to do when I'm behind as pl? Recently i've been going

basilius > (if fed or 2k gold before 7 minutes I get midas) > power threads > Diffusal > etc

I also max spirit lance and doppelwalk before I put any points in juxtapose and phantom edge. Good or bad?

Acinixys

I did recommend Sniper to get Diffusal and WR to get sheep stick.

I will remember the others for future games. In any case, none of it really would have mattered because no matter how many times I asked people to pick up items, they never did. I don't think there was a single ward purchased, and thankfully Bounty DCed because detection would have been the same.

I got AC because my base attack speed was terrible once MoM ran out but I'll consider my option more closely next time. I'm not sure I would get blink, as you said, with Sandking those heroes should die anyways if we are playing the team fight correctly.

You could have sold your MoM for Moljnir if you wanted attack speed. Or even sold it and gotten an orchid, just to stop zeus/warlock from dropping their double ults and fucking you

Sven does so much DPS already with his ult up late game MoM shouldnt be an issue over shit like sheep etc to shut people down if your team is retarded and refuse to build one

Dec

You could have sold your MoM for Moljnir if you wanted attack speed. Or even sold it and gotten an orchid, just to stop zeus/warlock from dropping their double ults and fucking you

Sven does so much DPS already with his ult up late game MoM shouldnt be an issue over shit like sheep etc to shut people down if your team is retarded and refuse to build one

Ya you're right. This game would have been so easy with diffusal and sheep stick if someone had bothered to get it.

Windranger was a pretty good player, just bad items unfortunately.

Manus

Sven is one of my favorite hard carries. He can be kited pretty easily, but their is no greater feeling then taking a whole team down in like 4 right clicks.

Karakand

If it was a League game there would have been 5-12 visual effects as bright and visually powerful as Dark Seer's vacuum and Nevermore's fuck you I'm dead now thing.

Also 2-4 heroes would have limped away from the fight with a sliver of life instead of an entire team wiping.

Shergal

Never posted here so hello.

I've been playing Dota for 6 years, but I only started with Dota 2 yesterday. Yes, yesterday. I've played 5 games so far, stomped 3, lost 1 close game and got stomped once.

This shit is just a clusterfuck, I'm so lost in teamfights. The two games I lost were against an ET and I just couldn't tell his spirit was stomping in time. Oh, and Silence effects are hard to tell apart too in the midst of everything when Silencer ults, I can't even BKB fast enough.

It's weird, because even when I played WC3 Dota I still watched Dota 2 games since I like following the comp scene. And while watching it never seemed too hard to understand what's going on, but playing the game itself is a whole different beast. It seems like I was too accustomed to the WC3 graphics. After 6 years of playing I can sort of subconsciously seize the danger at every point in the game, but a lot of this (esp. in teamfights) is due to being so familiar with the animations I can instantly identify what's going to happen before it does.

Did anyone else here go through something similar? How many games until I'm familiarized enough with the Dota 2 feel? At least there seems to be no hinder to my laning compared to WC3, I dunno if I'd have won 3 games if I couldn't even lane well.
Oh and SF is so awkward to control, the Fire Lord in WC3 was the smoothest model in Dota by far and now I feel like he isn't half as good anymore. My favourite hero is dead ;_;

Fuchsdh

I've been playing Dota for 6 years, but I only started with Dota 2 yesterday. Yes, yesterday. I've played 5 games so far, stomped 3, lost 1 close game and got stomped once.

This shit is just a clusterfuck, I'm so lost in teamfights. The two games I lost were against an ET and I just couldn't tell his spirit was stomping in time. Oh, and Silence effects are hard to tell apart too in the midst of everything when Silencer ults, I can't even BKB fast enough.

It's weird, because even when I played WC3 Dota I still watched Dota 2 games since I like following the comp scene. And while watching it never seemed too hard to understand what's going on, but playing the game itself is a whole different beast. It seems like I was too accustomed to the WC3 graphics. After 6 years of playing I can sort of subconsciously seize the danger at every point in the game, but a lot of this (esp. in teamfights) is due to being so familiar with the animations I can instantly identify what's going to happen before it does.

Did anyone else here go through something similar? How many games until I'm familiarized enough with the Dota 2 feel? At least there seems to be no hinder to my laning compared to WC3, I dunno if I'd have won 3 games if I couldn't even lane well.
Oh and SF is so awkward to control, the Fire Lord in WC3 was the smoothest model in Dota by far and now I feel like he isn't half as good anymore. My favourite hero is dead ;_;

Hey I can feel your pain. Even now the DoTA 2 animations feel... Off compared to the graphics of the first. There's also just having to relearn the looks of all the heroes after all those years. Sole are pretty much the same, others look very different.

Keep up at it though and it smooths over. The easy courier behavior alone is enough to make me never look back at the original, although I'm still not used to not right-clicking targets...

Shergal

Hey I can feel your pain. Even now the DoTA 2 animations feel... Off compared to the graphics of the first. There's also just having to relearn the looks of all the heroes after all those years. Sole are pretty much the same, others look very different.

Keep up at it though and it smooths over. The easy courier behavior alone is enough to make me never look back at the original, although I'm still not used to not right-clicking targets...

I'm having some trouble with the interface as well but that's not so big. Clicking on runes to bottle them instead of using the bottle feels weird, as does the shop system. I can see how it's better than WC3 when you learn it though. And auto-attack being off by default also threw me for a loop.

Being able to disassemble items directly on my hero though, now that's a blessing. Especially since Timbersaw is one of my most played heroes.

skyz23

Neo Member

Had the same problem. Transition from WC3 dota to dota 2 is hard, after so many years spent on dota1. But i made the change and never looked back.

Hylian7

Hah, I'm exactly the opposite. I tried playing matches of WC3 Dota (after starting on Dota 2) and could not do it. That game felt so weird to me.

I will say eventually you will come to appreciate the smoothness of Dota 2. It's a night and day difference to me.

Hah, I'm exactly the opposite. I tried playing matches of WC3 Dota (after starting on Dota 2) and could not do it. That game felt so weird to me.

I will say eventually you will come to appreciate the smoothness of Dota 2. It's a night and day difference to me.
He played DotA on stream a couple hours ago and went 0/7/0 on Tresdin. You can trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom