• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Bulldog's offlane Sniper game was poor. He plays that in pubs a lot and never has to resort to kiting ancients. I'm sure they just tried it out for funsies but found out it doesn't work as well against pros. He was forced to stray pretty far away from his standard build (phase, mom, force, sny, skadi). Too bad cause once he gets rolling on that hero and has his ice laser it's a lot of fun to watch.

Was fun to watch him play out of his mind in that Clock game tho. Haven't seen Bulldog Clock in a while and boy he sure was doing it.

This CD ticket has been well worth the money. Amazing games so far.

This is the first series of this that I've watched and I've clearly been missing out. It's a shame they still tend to favor a lot of higher tier heroes but any pro game where I can see a Skymage or Disraptor is a fun time in my book.

Chris R

Line Abilities like DS's wall, how do they position themselves? Nothing worse than a wall that runs vertical down a lane when you wanted to cut off a choke point...

Hylian7

Line Abilities like DS's wall, how do they position themselves? Nothing worse than a wall that runs vertical down a lane when you wanted to cut off a choke point...

Should be perpendicular to the direction you are facing. Same thing goes for Invoker's Ice Wall, and I can't remember any others off the top of my head.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For DS's wall, it's perpendicular to the direction you're facing.

We need more puck sets

B5A2A6D829450E415D5723991CC089BC9F1797BD

Quesa

Alright guys New Blooms basically over now lets speculate on what the next event will be like we're talking about the 2016 election

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
March Mayhem - The map is now all blown up because Techies showed up and blew everything up. Get special explosive items that make you explode on death which you get from Time Bomb chests.

I only care about the Techies.

Alright guys New Blooms basically over now lets speculate on what the next event will be like we're talking about the 2016 election

All of this please.

when will they take my offering?

Skab

I feel like they will have something before that though. They've had some kind of event every month since the Three Spirits update.

I would temper your expectations. There is now way they keep that pace up. End of year/holidays are always the exception, not the rule.

Ketch

So after taking like a 3 month break, I've come back fighting. Won my first 3 games back in party match making. Although this most recent game I played like ass (5/13 on shadow shaman) we won in like 35 minutes. Uh, I guess I was making space?

I would temper your expectations. There is now way they keep that pace up. End of year/holidays are always the exception, not the rule.

Major balance patches leading into TI4 / TI4 qualifiers. They won't want to change too much between June and September because of TI. We might get one more hero, but whomever it is (the forsaken one maybe?) definitely won't be in captains mode anyway.

Maybe something for easter? Don't know, new bloom kind of covers the spring aspect.

Are there any major eastern holidays besides new years?

Dota 1 will get some new heroes for sure before TI4, and we'll probably get 3-4 heroes more before TI4, if not all of them. Oracle and Abyssal probably soon, they've had textures or concept art floating around.

What I'm really hoping for is a custom map maker.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You guys can't be serious. TI4 is nearly 6 months away. Imagine how fucking pissed the community would be if they didn't have any new content in that timeframe.

Fuchsdh

Maybe something for easter? Don't know, new bloom kind of covers the spring aspect.

Are there any major eastern holidays besides new years?

Dota 1 will get some new heroes for sure before TI4, and we'll probably get 3-4 heroes more before TI4, if not all of them. Oracle and Abyssal probably soon, they've had textures or concept art floating around.

What I'm really hoping for is a custom map maker.

Do you guys ever think they'll be another standard map layout for competitive play? I mean the map we're playing on has essentially been the same for as long as I've been playing DotA, with only a few tweaks to ramps and trees. I imagine there's some serious peril to changing it up, but it could be interesting...

I'm pretty doubtful that another map will ever gain prominence. All other dota games attempts at making different map sizes haven't really ever taken off. A big part of the problem is that they have to choose to balance the game around one of the maps or team sizes, its always the original map that gets chosen. If there were different rule sets it might work, but I doubt icefraud would want to balance two different modes. Its best to leave something like that to the community.

Dec

how long till this turns into a LoL vs. Dota thread?

I feel like there is more accusation going on than LoL vs Dota. Simply commented on a LoL gif and since I happen to be in the Dota thread while doing it, it's automatically assumed that I'm a Dota player that has something against LoL. Like it's impossible I've played both and just want to talk about a gif.

If the blame goes to anyone, it's the person that posted the gif in the first place.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The game is in a really good state right now. I'm cool with no more event stuff for a bit.

Wouldn't say no to Pitlord doe

inkls

I hate kaceytron but her chat is absolutely hilarious. Reminds me of singsings chat at times

You read twitch chat? Do you feel like you have a too high opinion of humanity?

Lol at the "should have bought a tp scroll" comments. Forgetting the invoker had a bloodseeker on his team

how could you stand her stream for more than 30 seconds? that voice. that social awkwardness. that face.

pls understand

Looked her up, any reasons she describes herself as "human punching bag" ?

Dec

how could you stand her stream for more than 30 seconds? that voice. that social awkwardness. that face.

pls understand

wow.

Couldn't find it at first cause I thought it was a Dota stream (what thread is this).

"I'm gonna unmod Poopbutt101. I was a mod in his chat but he unmodded me so I gotta do that.

Chogath is the new hero I think..."

close tab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom