• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Vengeful spirit. I have a 12% win rate with Venge. I swear every time i pick Venge there are leavers on our team. As for the hero with the least amount of wins, Lion with a whooping 1-10 win rate.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I love how at my level people don't seem to expect lich to ult them when there is nothing else around. Frost Blast + Single Target Chain Frost for a cool 630 magic damage, so easy to kill off someone if they haven't healed up from a previous frost blast.

When you are a squishy support knowing how rupture works won't save you from a right clicking beating =/
Employ the Buddy system! Stick with ether the guy farming to protect them, a ganker to assist them, or anther support to secure vision or apply pressure on an enemy.

God Enel

No one talking about Esl tournament 150k prize pool in commerzbank arena (worldcup 2006) stadium? Or have I missed it? Think it could be worth a thread alone? Any gaffer attending? I'm most probably going ( from cologne) so it's not a big deal to get to Frankfurt.

Risible

Single Draft, pick Sniper. Non-English speaker picks TA. "No mid sniper, NO". Ummm, OK. Proceeds to stack ancients and never farm them, never calls mid missing. Supports refuse to ward. Minute 22 I've been ganked by the Clinkz mid 6 times and don't even have a Shadow Blade yet and yet I'm STILL higher level than TA. WTF.

I say fuck it, go hardcore farming mode, ignore my team's cries for help, farm up a Deso and a Daedelus, and with the help of the only guy with a clue (Nyx) we push mid, teamwipe them, and win.

TA's response? "Fuck you sniper noob."

Alrighty then.

Demoli

I officially hate invoker now.

I've had an invoker literally in my last 15 games, and the hero is beyond broken atm. 2 spells instantly win you ganks, teamfights, lanes and games. Absolutely not fun to play with or agaisnt. God what i wouldn't give for this game to go back to 6.78 and not this mess of a patch.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I've had an invoker literally in my last 15 games, and the hero is beyond broken atm. 2 spells instantly win you ganks, teamfights, lanes and games. Absolutely not fun to play with or agaisnt. God what i wouldn't give for this game to go back to 6.78 and not this mess of a patch.

Which two spells are those again?

shira

No one talking about Esl tournament 150k prize pool in commerzbank arena (worldcup 2006) stadium? Or have I missed it? Think it could be worth a thread alone? Any gaffer attending? I'm most probably going ( from cologne) so it's not a big deal to get to Frankfurt.
CBSmatt broke it yesterday but
It's the smallest of the big 3 June LANs

-DreamHack Summer 2014 June 14-16 Jonkoping, Sweden
-MLG Anaheim June 20-22 Anaheim, California
-ESL One June 28-29 Frankfurt, Germany

I also envision one of those rescheduling to prevent jet lag and travel fatigue

inkls

Tried that got to the base dead, unless I'm Veno then we both die. Love how in the video the tp is the solution when the PA blinked behind them, otherwise she would be fucked tp or not.

There's only so much you can do against a mirana arrow and a qop ult. What supports do you play specifically? Because if its something along the lines of Crystal Maiden then you'd probably should just stick with your team.

By got to the base dead, do you mean he hit you one last time before you finished teleporting?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

You know, I wonder if TI4's qualifiers will happen before, during, or after that huge block. Last year, they happened in Mid May, but I don't know if Valve really needs a 3 month lead time this year, and having the qualifiers closer to the event would likely help get stronger teams.

Raytow

There's only so much you can do against a mirana arrow and a qop ult. What supports do you play specifically? Because if its something along the lines of Crystal Maiden then you'd probably should just stick with your team.

By got to the base dead, do you mean he hit you one last time before you finished teleporting?

I suppose, the character just appeared dead in the base, sticking to the team is hard when at the first sight of a team fight they bail out and I'm the one hit with a rupture, hard support blues...

Yeah, Vengeful spirit. I have a 12% win rate with Venge. I swear every time i pick Venge there are leavers on our team. As for the hero with the least amount of wins, Lion with a whooping 1-10 win rate.

haha same happens to me man. i love her as a hero and recently ive been using her a lot, but man, everytime i pick her, the dota gods just dont want me to play with her. either i get 500 poing, leavers or feeders. shes my worse hero along with void and AM

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yep, he really is. I've been playing a shit load of him recently to get out 2K MMR.

EDIT: out of curiosity who has the highest MMR on Gaf?
Off memory, I think it's a tie between 109 and milk man depending on if you are looking at solo or team. 109 ~5100 solo, milkman/Artanisix/ellen pudge/that guy who plays animal crossing is ~5100 team, and both have ~4800 in the lower one

shira

Stretch goal #1 – 10k – Loading Screen
Stretch goal #2 – 20k – Battle Bonus
Stretch goal #3 – 40k – DreamLeague HUD
Stretch goal #4 – 60k – Chainsaw for Pudge
Stretch goal #5 – 80k – Invoker Set – (Will be available from the 25th of March)
Stretch goal #6 – 100k – Luminous Cosplay at DreamHack Summer 2014
Stretch goal #7 – 125k – Bruno’s Suit up challenge!
Stretch goal #8 – 150k – Ability Draft Pro Match
Stretch goal #9 – 200k – 2v2 pro + caster mid tournament
Stretch goal #10 – 600k – $100k Bruno vs 2GD Windrunner vs Faceless Void mid showmatch

No techies, shame

Acinixys

uyhIYL3.png

This hero is fucking impossible to play when you regularly stack with idiots. Like, it's not even worth it to try.

I have a friend who loves to play Naga, and the only way he plays her is Radiance - BoTs - Heart - Diffusal

You have to rice for 30 minutes and hope your team can control the early game without you

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I have a friend who loves to play Naga, and the only way he plays her is Radiance - BoTs - Heart - Diffusal

You have to rice for 30 minutes and hope your team can control the early game without you

Yeah it's a shame so many of the games I play are basically decided in 15-20. It makes playing a hard ricer a real hassle.

Technically DreamHack will be smaller due to only having 4 teams & $100k base.

DreamLeague is part of the DreamHack LAN so they can't change dates.

ESL have no other dates available to use the stadium.

MLG are not interested in changing because they set their dates last year.

So yeah June is going to be mental. (And it will get worse soon)

TI3 qualifiers began in mid May last year. May-June is going to be insane if this holds up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

want to place any bets on ti4 qualifiers? Would be from May to July, but their is also the change valve will just ditch a stand alone qualifier and have the aggregate results of other tournaments seed.

Low Tier
the best part about naga is if someone else picks a hard carry ur just playing a really good support that can at any moment say 'fuck the team' and farm into a carry.

yes, he is annoying but i dont think you are dealing with him the right away. First of all, ARCANE boots, no matter what, if he catches you in that emp tornado on a teamfight, you lose it.

this is why team composition is so important in dota and its not just about picking. i usually get bat or venge to go against invoker. you can swap him or initiate on him and take him out first, its all just a matter of priority in teamfights and playing it smart. BKB is algo great against him.

Stretch goal #1 – 10k – Loading Screen
Stretch goal #2 – 20k – Battle Bonus
Stretch goal #3 – 40k – DreamLeague HUD
Stretch goal #4 – 60k – Chainsaw for Pudge
Stretch goal #5 – 80k – Invoker Set – (Will be available from the 25th of March)
Stretch goal #6 – 100k – Luminous Cosplay at DreamHack Summer 2014
Stretch goal #7 – 125k – Bruno’s Suit up challenge!
Stretch goal #8 – 150k – Ability Draft Pro Match
Stretch goal #9 – 200k – 2v2 pro + caster mid tournament
Stretch goal #10 – 600k – $100k Bruno vs 2GD Windrunner vs Faceless Void mid showmatch

No techies, shame

They replaced Pflax with Lumi? That's a shame, I really enjoyed the original panel. Then letting people watch in game for free is mighty cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom