• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
7X91YPl.jpg

Thanks guys.

shira

Not a word. We'll find out the price when it goes live in the store.

I'm guessing closer to $30 considering what those item sets look like and what they'll rake in.
I'm thinking closer to $39.99. The ward and courier are pretty detailed with particles and presumably the players want to make some money. Also I think they are going to be Genuine quality. $49.99 or even $59.99 might be possible if they want to go the premium route knowing people will instabuy for the Pudge and sell the Sven and Doom. I can also see that Dendi doll being made irl.

I'm thinking closer to $39.99. The ward and courier are pretty detailed with particles and presumably the players want to make some money. Also I think they are going to be Genuine quality. $49.99 or even $59.99 might be possible if they want to go the premium route knowing people will instabuy for the Pudge and sell the Sven and Doom. I can also see that Dendi doll being made irl.
The Doom set owns.

mVP9tcf.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

$60 for 4 sets and a couple wards that aren't even arcanas? lol that would be a joke

Pricing it too expensive (i.e. $40+) would be a mistake IMO, I think something like $25 would sell like candy, whereas when you start to go above arcana territory, you're losing many potential sales. Think valve realized this (or the community forced them to as entire sets were reselling for $2-$3 on the market a couple weeks after their release) when their individual item sets started to get out of control and they just crunched them all down to somewhere between $4-$10. But who knows, I'm no marketing genius or financial expert.

GorillaJu

Bfury isn't good on PA unless your team is already in stompytown and you have more money than you know what to do with. The AS bonus from blink strike and crits is enough to wreak havoc on focus targets and that's what PA is all about.

You can just go Phase, Wand, BKB, Basher and you'll be a strong mid game dmg dealer. PA is stronger early/mid game than she gets credit for but you need BKB and the sooner you get one and come online the better.

Instead of trying to out-farm the enemy Luna, get your magic immunity ASAP and splatter her guts all over the floor before she has a chance to get beefy. Plus this method is way more fun instead of running away from battles for 30 minutes and praying your team doesn't feed so badly that they're too heavy to carry.

shira

The Doom set owns.

mVP9tcf.png

It was the perfect time to do a LOL X Dota crossover set and they made pokemon doom . . .
ibiAYhWrEienYT.jpg

$60 for 4 sets and a couple wards that aren't even arcanas? lol that would be a joke

Pricing it too expensive (i.e. $40+) would be a mistake IMO, I think something like $25 would sell like candy, whereas when you start to go above arcana territory, you're losing many potential sales. Think valve realized this (or the community forced them to as entire sets were reselling for $2-$3 on the market a couple weeks after their release) when their individual item sets started to get out of control and they just crunched them all down to somewhere between $4-$10. But who knows, I'm no marketing genius or financial expert.

I'm sure the valve hat economists made the right call, but $4-8 is the range for pro player sets and the PA is $13. That is instabuy range. The portal pack was $18 with a discount - to me that was hesitation.

When you get into $20-30 range it is a different customer. At this point it is people with jobs. It is an investment, and if the investment has no return. This a hard bargain for someone if the pieces are going to be in the market in 2 months for less than half the initial cost. You tag them Genuine and say $40 regular price but starts at $30 for the first week or "available for 1 month only" then you get the collectors and hoarders interested. Also if they are Genuine you are feeding the steammarket trades since they will be sellable, presumably, day 1.

BiRCBmcCQAAiHzo.jpg

bounch did you get a fat cheque for these or can we just copy your shit no problemo?

Dec

>We Need Wards

When there have been at least 2 wards up literally since the start of the game and wards are on CD is kind of infuriating.

Acinixys

>We Need Wards

When there have been at least 2 wards up literally since the start of the game and wards are on CD is kind of infuriating.

When im playing support
- Wards 24/7
- Courier and Flying at 3 mins bought by me
- Dewarding as much as possible
- Buy smoke before Roshing so we dont get butt ravaged
- Carry dust when the enemy has an invis hero

When some other jackhole is playing support
- Courier? lol no gold buy later
- Wards? lol im not a support retard you buy it if you want
- Guys they warded Rosh, do go in there (die 10 seconds later to their team 5v2)
- Please upgrade the courier? kk - and then its still walking at 13 minutes
- Bounty/Riki is missing, pls care (they go in the enemy jungle alone and die instantly)

Almost 2k games and 3k hours of Dota played, and this happens every match. I guess you cant fix stupid

G.ZZZ

aight seriously demoli and g.zzz you wasted 30 minutes of our time with rage quits, not cool.

gettin a timeout from future inhouses if i'm hosting this shit shouldn't happen

You drunk? I got dc'ed while we were still picking and then i couldn't reconnect. Not like you could've recreated the game in like 5 seconds without losing any game progress.

As for Demoli he's a famous ragequitter and whatsnot so i'm not surprised.

Dec

When im playing support
- Wards 24/7
- Courier and Flying at 3 mins bought by me
- Dewarding as much as possible
- Buy smoke before Roshing so we dont get butt ravaged
- Carry dust when the enemy has an invis hero

- Guys they warded Rosh, do go in there (die 10 seconds later to their team 5v2)
- Bounty/Riki is missing, pls care (they go in the enemy jungle alone and die instantly)

Almost 2k games and 3k hours of Dota played, and this happens every match. I guess you cant fix stupid

Would not be so bad if your contributions to the game weren't constantly questioned. I still have a small amount of pvp games so people playing sniper will actually say I'm feeding because I'm 5/5 or something. Like... my warding allowed you to get kills, and I have a fuckload of assists. Almost as if I am a support hero.

Not sure those people realize there are roles in Dota.

dmshaposv

Doom set is actually the best of the bunch.

Dendi pudge set im never gonna use since i hate that hero. Sven set looks like ass.

Demoli

aight seriously demoli and g.zzz you wasted 30 minutes of our time with rage quits, not cool.

gettin a timeout from future inhouses if i'm hosting this shit shouldn't happen

Not a reage quit, my houses fuses blew up and when i sorted it out it was 5:30 AM here. Whats the point of reage quitting an in house?

>We Need Wards

I love how if mid dies to mid, or your carry is out of place and gets caught out in the safe lane, this is the go to chat wheel response.

Player dies because they're bad/stupid,

>We Need Wards

May also be coupled with aggressive pinging of the enemy that killed them.

shira

Depends if Demon remembers its Daylight Savings Time (spring forward) after getting trashed last night.

http://gfycat.com/AccurateImpishGreyhounddog

Doom set is actually the best of the bunch.

Dendi pudge set im never gonna use since i hate that hero. Sven set looks like ass.

Hammer sword? Why doesn't Sven have a single decent normal-looking sword?

ElyrionX

23 out of 26 matches on PA you choose treads and you lose two thirds of the time. PA = shit hero guys.

Yep, something as simple as the choice of boots caused me to lose those games. You heard it here first, choosing Treads over Phase = lose game guys.

At this point, I'd pull data about item builds from datdota to make my point but I see that PA has been picked a grand total of ONE time in the pro matches in 2014 so I really don't think there is much more that needs to be said about it.

all these shots being fired

ikr

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Not a reage quit, my houses fuses blew up and when i sorted it out it was 5:30 AM here. Whats the point of reage quitting an in house?

aight bulldog I believe you, we were just pissed we had to remake 2-3 times and redraft cm multiple times. We assumed you just plug pulled then went to bed like our fellow copper tier scum gizzzzz

M.D

23 out of 26 matches on PA you choose treads and you lose two thirds of the time. PA = shit hero guys.

Just curious, what's so bad about picking treads on PA? I know almost everyone picks phase, but treads is perfectly fine on pretty much any hero

It gives her some nice stats of her choice and 30 attack speed for a cheap price. if people prefer that over the increased movement speed (when you already have a way to close the gap with blink) and 24 damage, what's so wrong with that?

Got over 3900 for the first time in MMR

Nice to see it finally go up been bouncing between 3700-3800 since around my 25th RMM game, so about 50 games or so

Yep, something as simple as the choice of boots caused me to lose those games. You heard it here first, choosing Treads over Phase = lose game guys.

At this point, I'd pull data about item builds from datdota to make my point but I see that PA has been picked a grand total of ONE time in the pro matches in 2014 so I really don't think there is much more that needs to be said about it.

I wasn't saying that it was all on the boots but a lot can be surmised from a glance at your item builds. She gets a ton of attack speed from blink strike and wants the damage for crits more. Phase is 24 damage for a 900 gold upgrade from brown boots and gives you extra chase ability too. Why you went treads so much is beyond me. Then you have several battlefury games, at least one of which was against PL to be fair, but for the most part there are far better damage items you could be getting. And then there are the games you;re getting MKB against heroes that don't have and aren't building towards evasion. You going treads is more a symptom of not knowing what to build on her.

Pro games aren't the the be all and end all of deciding which heroes are good and you mentioning it just seems like an appeal to authority when you can't reason yourself. Some heroes are more easily countered in pro games or they just aren't part of the current meta. Meepo hardly ever gets picked in pro games but that doesn't mean I'm not afraid of 5 Meepos storming out of the jungle to melt my team at the 20 minute mark when I'm against a good player. PA has a 450% crit, 40% evasion, is a melee carry with the built in ability to initiate and is fucking fun to rip players in half with. She's certainly not shit.

Kreunt

Banned
IG still exist?

Just curious, what's so bad about picking treads on PA? I know almost everyone picks phase, but treads is perfectly fine on pretty much any hero

It gives her some nice stats of her choice and 30 attack speed for a cheap price. if people prefer that over the increased movement speed (when you already have a way to close the gap with blink) and 24 damage, what's so wrong with that?

attack speed isn't a priority because she get's that from phantom strike already, but she needs the raw damage that phase boots give for fatter crits.

it's not like its game breakingly bad to get treads, just not optimal.

attack speed isn't a priority because she get's that from phantom strike already, but she needs the raw damage that phase boots give for fatter crits.

it's not like its game breakingly bad to get treads, just not optimal.

I would say the opposite. She needs to be survivable and fast (move and attack). The crits are high enough most of the time anyways. Loda also builds here like this most of the time going S&J and stuff.

ElyrionX

I wasn't saying that it was all on the boots but a lot can be surmised from a glance at your item builds. She gets a ton of attack speed from blink strike and wants the damage for crits more. Phase is 24 damage for a 900 gold upgrade from brown boots and gives you extra chase ability too. Why you went treads so much is beyond me. Then you have several battlefury games, at least one of which was against PL to be fair, but for the most part there are far better damage items you could be getting. And then there are the games you;re getting MKB against heroes that don't have and aren't building towards evasion. You going treads is more a symptom of not knowing what to build on her.

Pro games aren't the the be all and end all of deciding which heroes are good and you mentioning it just seems like an appeal to authority when you can't reason yourself. Some heroes are more easily countered in pro games or they just aren't part of the current meta. Meepo hardly ever gets picked in pro games but that doesn't mean I'm not afraid of 5 Meepos storming out of the jungle to melt my team at the 20 minute mark when I'm against a good player. PA has a 450% crit, 40% evasion, is a melee carry with the built in ability to initiate and is fucking fun to rip players in half with. She's certainly not shit.

All fair points. But the large majority of those games were played more than half a year ago when I was still new to Dota 2. Of all my 26 PA games, the last five were played more recently than the whole "batch" of them before that and out of those five, I won four of them, including two where I went Treads. The issue I have with your point is that it shows a distinct lack of critical thinking when it comes to item/skill builds. Just because the large majority of people think Phase is good on PA doesn't mean shit. Treads is better on PA because her most important skill relies on RNG and a faster attack speed means that you will have a higher chance of proc-ing it in ANY situation in a given time frame. Of course you're going to argue that Phantom Strike solves her attack speed issue. But Phantom Strike is only 4 attacks and is single-target-only which leaves you very ltitle versatility in team fights. Also, Phantom Strike doesn't work against BKB or if you're silenced. Treads also give the flexibility of going tanky in early to mid game and switching it to DPS in late game. The argument between Phase and Treads is not so one-sided as you really think it is.

Pro games are a good sign of how good a hero is because these are the people who are the most incentivized to pick only the strongest heroes in the game. PA is a shit hero because half of her skills rely on RNG which means that your reliability and effective DPS is highly uncertain and you may not get what you need in team fights. Her ultimate looks great and is really satisfying when it procs but ultimately is a really shit skill. 15% chance is very low and the 450% critical chance vastly exaggerates her effective DPS. Just look at her dagger skill. They took away a bit of the damage and added her ult to it and it barely did anything for that skill.

My Lifestealer is 1-9 and that was "achieved" in recent months when I've been better in the game. But you won't see me going around claiming that LS is a shit hero because he isn't. PA is a shit hero. Period.

At this point I wonder if huskar will ever be picked competitively.

He has to be hands down the worst hero, and I honestly think he was in a better state before he had magic resists put on his passive at this point. Icefraud doesn't seem to have a clue with what he wants to do with him.

shira

Zyori, worst caster confirmed. Shouting and crescendo voice casting really needs to go away.

Get Sunsfan for TI4 and keep Zyori and Ayesee at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom