• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

He was in the KR Dota chat at like 4 AM Texas time :eek:

iZq8dqkBiEis8.png

*whelp*

Zyori, worst caster confirmed. Shouting and crescendo voice casting really needs to go away.

Get Sunsfan for TI4 and keep Zyori and Ayesee at home.
I'd like to see something along the lines of this:

Draskyl + Lumi
LD + Merlini
Tobi + Capitalist

Sunsfan + syndereN for the All Stars/Fun matches.

Razzer

I'd like to see something along the lines of this:

Draskyl + Lumi
LD + Merlini
Tobi + Capitalist

Sunsfan + syndereN for the All Stars/Fun matches.

I agree with this. All of them are great casters. Well, Capitalist is maybe a little weaker than the rest but he has experience with Tobi which might be more important than his personal quality.

Renoir

It was the perfect time to do a LOL X Dota crossover set and they made pokemon doom . . .
ibiAYhWrEienYT.jpg

I'm sure the valve hat economists made the right call, but $4-8 is the range for pro player sets and the PA is $13. That is instabuy range. The portal pack was $18 with a discount - to me that was hesitation.

When you get into $20-30 range it is a different customer. At this point it is people with jobs. It is an investment, and if the investment has no return. This a hard bargain for someone if the pieces are going to be in the market in 2 months for less than half the initial cost. You tag them Genuine and say $40 regular price but starts at $30 for the first week or "available for 1 month only" then you get the collectors and hoarders interested. Also if they are Genuine you are feeding the steammarket trades since they will be sellable, presumably, day 1.

BiRCBmcCQAAiHzo.jpg

bounch did you get a fat cheque for these or can we just copy your shit no problemo?

rather spend $ on this statue.. way better than them keys.

shira

I agree with this. All of them are great casters. Well, Capitalist is maybe a little weaker than the rest but he has experience with Tobi which might be more important than his personal quality.

Switch for synderwin, no cap for TI4. 2 hypemen is bad

Dec

LD + Lumi will always be my favorite.

Funny how there is such division in caster preferences. Those are some of the worst casters in my opinion, except Lumi has been a lot more enjoyable on the Dream League casts.

My favorites are probably: Sunsfan + Synderen > Dream League > Tobi + Fogged.

Anno

Anything with Synderen automatically wins. Love the casting with Sunsfan in the XMG.

Good to see a much more EG lineup this game. Love Fear on these mid-game, aggressive carries.

Razzer

I imagine that Liquid were hoping the synergy between Chrono and Frost Blast would be enough to overcome Void's early weakness, but it relies so much on AA getting levels quickly that he didn't. They are definitely up against it here.

Razzer

For the next game, I think Liquid should try picking a mid hero that is better at dominating it's lane and ganking supports. EG always put Arteezy on a farming hero, they (and other teams) been leaving him alone and it just lets him do his thing.

Kreunt

Banned
Just played against a 5 stack in an AD game, my team was 5 solos.
I thought that wasn't meant to happen at all? even in unranked.

All fair points. But the large majority of those games were played more than half a year ago when I was still new to Dota 2. Of all my 26 PA games, the last five were played more recently than the whole "batch" of them before that and out of those five, I won four of them, including two where I went Treads. The issue I have with your point is that it shows a distinct lack of critical thinking when it comes to item/skill builds. Just because the large majority of people think Phase is good on PA doesn't mean shit. Treads is better on PA because her most important skill relies on RNG and a faster attack speed means that you will have a higher chance of proc-ing it in ANY situation in a given time frame. Of course you're going to argue that Phantom Strike solves her attack speed issue. But Phantom Strike is only 4 attacks and is single-target-only which leaves you very ltitle versatility in team fights. Also, Phantom Strike doesn't work against BKB or if you're silenced. Treads also give the flexibility of going tanky in early to mid game and switching it to DPS in late game. The argument between Phase and Treads is not so one-sided as you really think it is.

Pro games are a good sign of how good a hero is because these are the people who are the most incentivized to pick only the strongest heroes in the game. PA is a shit hero because half of her skills rely on RNG which means that your reliability and effective DPS is highly uncertain and you may not get what you need in team fights. Her ultimate looks great and is really satisfying when it procs but ultimately is a really shit skill. 15% chance is very low and the 450% critical chance vastly exaggerates her effective DPS. Just look at her dagger skill. They took away a bit of the damage and added her ult to it and it barely did anything for that skill.

My Lifestealer is 1-9 and that was "achieved" in recent months when I've been better in the game. But you won't see me going around claiming that LS is a shit hero because he isn't. PA is a shit hero. Period.

If treads is better why do you think the win rate with them is lower than with phase? http://dotabuff.com/heroes/phantom-assassin

Late game PA vs PA, all other items being equal I think the one with treads might be more likely to win (could go either way with RNG obviously) but in my opinion the cost effective damage phase gives you lets you be a lot more effective earlier.

Jex

It just felt like Alliance got taken apart by a Pub-style Death Prophet game. Fascinating. Spirits too strong, even makes Bristleback squishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom