• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's going to happen when a player who complains about how awful is Russian teammates were finds out he has a lower mmr than them?

The scramble to find excuses will be entertaining to watch.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But Bast was the cat god. Anubis was a Jackal.

KingKong

So what's going to happen when a player who complains about how awful is Russian teammates were finds out he has a lower mmr than them?

Obviously they got carried to that mmr or abused op heroes. Also everyone elses mmr is too high and mine is too low

n0b

Guys is there any feeling better in dota than setting and controlling the game's pace as a hard support and getting your team into a steamroll just by well timed rotations and keeping vision over the map? On a related note: I LOVE OGRE

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Played a ranked game after not doing so for like 2 months. Literally the easiest ranked game of my life:
http://dotabuff.com/matches/560041845

Sure, I had to buy all the detection in the game, two of the players barely spoke English, ET died like 4 times top in the first 8 minutes, the AA took like 6 minuets to get us a flying courier and we didn't start with wards, and I scumbagged stole regen runes twice from SF twice (Once just before he got his bottle, the second time he handed me a 2 charge bottle, I grabbed the regen, used it, and gave him back the bottle), but really fast ez game.

My god I barely did any hero damage, I just attacked the towers most of the time

manfestival

why do people hate picking stuns in captains draft? literally picking teams full of slows.... some of those heroes may be nice but dont you want to keep them there? especially when there is a dazzle and a slardar on the OTHER team?

inkls

You just reversed completely my opinion of it being added lol. Now I wonder what straws they will grasp for...

ElyrionX

The MMR on scoreboard thing will be interesting for sure. There are quite a few people who made their profiles private after MMR came out and for some people I stack with, I noticed that they only did this post-calibration games. So there's no more running away for them. And yes, I am Dota profile stalker.

manfestival

The MMR on scoreboard thing will be interesting for sure. There are quite a few people who made their profiles private after MMR came out and for some people I stack with, I noticed that they only did this post-calibration games. So there's no more running away for them. And yes, I am Dota profile stalker.

pls dont judge me

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So yeah, I think this test patch was to set up the test client for something big happening in the next week, Valve does not like pushing patches for their games over a certain size (I think they try to keep them under 1GB). I believe the Free to Play movie is going to just accompany a sizable content patch.

shira

So yeah, I think this test patch was to set up the test client for something big happening in the next week, Valve does not like pushing patches for their games over a certain size (I think they try to keep them under 1GB). I believe the Free to Play movie is going to just accompany a sizable content patch.

cyborg up

I am curious to see the average variance of mmr. Valve must be pretty confident in it if they're releasing it like that. Will be fun when 4000s queue with 2000 friends.

whats there to be confident in
That the matchmaking "works" to some degree.

Unlike this:

idag2lqBvdQhn.png

:p

Chris R

Will finally be able to put the 'blue/pink highest mmr' myth to the test :eek:

It was never highest MMR, but longest queue time.

edit: Proff is watching abunch of streams and having queue times of 10+ mins myself and endyong up in first spot only to b outplayed by my teamsates.

manfestival

ugh that zombie hopper courier looks terrible. animations are so stiff and its overall look is just bad. valve has been really hit and miss when it comes to these items. more hits than miss but yeah. please give me gaben loading screen valve

Guys is there any feeling better in dota than setting and controlling the game's pace as a hard support and getting your team into a steamroll just by well timed rotations and keeping vision over the map? On a related note: I LOVE OGRE

Just experienced this playing after several months long break. I was Omniknight and I was all over the map healing allies, warding important areas, dewarding, giving magic immunity (to divers Slark and Riki), using pipe, giving mana, healing through purify and mek, using guardian angel at the right time.

It was one of the rare moments where everything seems to just click and went our way. Nevermind that I lost 2 games after it. Supporting can be very rewarding.

PS. Ogre is my favorite hero

ugh that zombie hopper courier looks terrible. animations are so stiff and its overall look is just bad. valve has been really hit and miss when it comes to these items. more hits than miss but yeah. please give me gaben loading screen valve

It seems there are many ugly looking couriers that I don't bother with them anymore

BHK3

Banned

The zombie courier is stiff...really...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The worst beats are the ones where you're ahead (kills-wise) literally the entire game, and that even stay close and winnable down to the end, but where your carries are just too bad and theirs is too good and you end up losing a slow game of attrition.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/560171473

All random and they drew a pretty deadly team (as well as a massive counter to my Skymage in that Pugna) but it basically boiled down to our 100 hours played Sven vs. their experienced Void. It's too bad too cause games where I'm against a Storm Spirit and actually manage to keep him from running amok on my team are few and far between.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Friends don't let friends all pick.

9 wins 1 loss. all the way at the bottom of the page. I can do this.

Mohasus

The worst beats are the ones where you're ahead (kills-wise) literally the entire game, and that even stay close and winnable down to the end, but where your carries are just too bad and theirs is too good and you end up losing a slow game of attrition.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/560171473

All random and they drew a pretty deadly team (as well as a massive counter to my Skymage in that Pugna) but it basically boiled down to our 100 hours played Sven vs. their experienced Void. It's too bad too cause games where I'm against a Storm Spirit and actually manage to keep him from running amok on my team are few and far between.

Where is your blademail?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LlH_i89tY

Everybody knows that Sky counters pugna.

Hylian7

It is literally impossible to reach 4K for me. I had a win streak today, then lost a game thanks to a huge throw by the stupid Clinkz on my team. While we are trying to break the base, Clinkz is off farming for his sixth slot by himself. Instead of actually fighting with us, he goes off by himself and farms all day long late game. We didn't push because we couldn't without him when we had the chance, and we couldn't take the fights without him. G fucking g.

People like him that obviously don't care about their MMR need to not be allowed to play ranked, because they ruin it for everyone else.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/560238044

It is literally impossible to reach 4K for me. I had a win streak today, then lost a game thanks to a huge throw by the stupid Clinkz on my team. While we are trying to break the base, Clinkz is off farming for his sixth slot by himself. Instead of actually fighting with us, he goes off by himself and farms all day long late game. We didn't push because we couldn't without him when we had the chance, and we couldn't take the fights without him. G fucking g.

People like him that obviously don't care about their MMR need to not be allowed to play ranked, because they ruin it for everyone else.

If you can't get to 4k, then this is your level. I'm having trouble getting back there myself but it is what it is. If I was good enough, I'd reliably win more games than I'd lose but I don't.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

You need to stop blaming other people and the systems, you need to start looking at yourself and how you play and think. You're probably at the correct level and need to get better if you want to break 4k.

I mean you win 5 games in a row and then cry because you lose a single game.

ElyrionX

How about the times you have won because guys like that are on the other team. How much MMR have you gained from games like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom