• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunin

I don't play in south american servers because EVERYONE is brazilian and I speak spanish.

I don't see the reason for it. Portuguese is fairly close to spanish (at least you can understand) and many speak English as well.
I play with Spanish speaking ppl all the time and language wasn't a harsh barrier at all.

inkls

agh's refresher doom strikes again. Seriously, I though agh's was seen as a crappy item on doom, why is it so popular, why is it his 5th most built item and why does he have a 60% winrate with it?

To reiterate, does anyone has any explanation for this?

Also, Is 2-2-1 good for Doom? I've seen lots of guides skip lvl? Death until devour and Scorched Earth are maxed, but it seems to me that it would synergies well with your first lvl 6 gank.

wow you guys are fucking obnoxious with that free thacker shit

its like you guys lack the ability to think for yourself so you just circlejerk over the same joke constantly

congrats, if it was ever funny, its not anymore.

Wasn't your shtick/joke for a couple of months to promote other moba's/Arts' in this thread?

To reiterate, does anyone has any explanation for this?

Also, Is 2-2-1 good for Doom? I've seen lots of guides skip lvl? Death until devour and Scorched Earth are maxed, but it seems to me that it would synergies well with your first lvl 6 gank.
If you're playing against idiots who are going to stand next to you then aghs doom is really awesome. Or if you build racecar or something.

Lvl death is, no joke, the worst skill in the game. Its only good for breaking linkens or as a last ditch effort to interrupt tps. It's too much effort to try and keep track of the opposing players lvls so it actually hits correctly and it uses too much mana on an already mana starved hero to just throw out willy nilly for shit damage.

Late game you can throw it around whatever more damage, but for the first 30 minutes? Anything is better than lvl death.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
tweeheehee now i have something to watch while i play diablo
Yay
They will be facing next.kz, rox.kis, c9, and pr. I think they will end up going 2-2, I think c9 will win their match, and think pr or rox.kis will also get a win.

edit: The game went dark and the casters are now just describing it. And now the caster is talking about how they haven't even bought the ticket to the tournament they are casting.

edit 2: Oh wait, its not PR, its The Retry. Well, since Rox.kis already lost, today has got to be 3-1 or even 4-0 if they can beat up C9. Retry and Next.KZ should not be able to beat Alliance.

inkls

If you're playing against idiots who are going to stand next to you then aghs doom is really awesome. Or if you build racecar or something.

Lvl death is, no joke, the worst skill in the game. Its only good for breaking linkens or as a last ditch effort to interrupt tps. It's too much effort to try and keep track of the opposing players lvls so it actually hits correctly and it uses too much mana on an already mana starved hero to just throw out willy nilly for shit damage.

Late game you can throw it around whatever more damage, but for the first 30 minutes? Anything is better than lvl death.

Is it situational at all? I've seen people say they built it when they saw some doomed carries stick around waiting for Doom to end so they could jump back into the teamfight. I don't see it as core, but it seems it might useful in some cases.

And are you being sarcastic about lvl? Death? I'd say 20% of max hp is pretty strong and you can always check the scoreboard for hero levels. I've also read that some Doom players keep some spare skill points so they can quickly level it up to the appropriate level to do the 20% dmg. I really don't think it is a joke, especially after I saw a bristleback that was destroying my team get his hp melted when he was 6-slotted.

I agree that it costs alot of mana early, unless you buy some mana items, you won't be able to cast all 3 of your spells in a gank, so that could be problematic. Would that make agh's somewhat better on Doom? It gives some decent mana and I don't recall building many int items apart of shiva's.

Is it situational at all? I've seen people say they built it when they saw some doomed carries stick around waiting for Doom to end so they could jump back into the teamfight. I don't see it as core, but it seems it might useful in some cases.

And are you being sarcastic about lvl? Death? I'd say 20% of max hp is pretty strong and you can always check the scoreboard for hero levels. I've also read that some Doom players keep some spare skill points so they can quickly level it up to the appropriate level to do the 20% dmg. I really don't think it is a joke, especially after I saw a bristleback that was destroying my team get his hp melted when he was 6-slotted.

I agree that it costs alot of mana early, unless you buy some mana items, you won't be able to cast all 3 of your spells in a gank, so that could be problematic. Would that make agh's somewhat better on Doom? It gives some decent mana and I don't recall building many int items apart of shiva's.
Really early game (so that first wander out around 6 to gank) 20% of health is still just like 2 or 3 right clicks. I'd rather have more levels in scorched earth during a gank. Like I said past 30 minutes or super late game, when everyone is 25, yeah it can be good but I definitely stand by the statement that lvl death is the worst skill in the game. I can't think of a worse one.

Racecar doom is really fun (as is racecar anything) and aghs fits really well into that. So sure, situational.

Looks like MLG may have more or less confirmed TI4 is in July, Dota 2 is no longer going to be at Anaheim.

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/ne...2-will-not-be-at-the-championship-in-anaheim/

Something had to give.

I think the onus is more on Valve. They have to start planning this stuff way more ahead than they are. Start planning TI5 right now, not kidding.

FACE

Banned
When I grow up I want to play Chen that well.

I don't play in south american servers because EVERYONE is brazilian and I speak spanish.

On the rare occasions I'm not playing with a full party and I end up with a spanish-speaking person on my team I always try to communicate in english.

inkls

Really early game (so that first wander out around 6 to gank) 20% of health is still just like 2 or 3 right clicks. I'd rather have more levels in scorched earth during a gank. Like I said past 30 minutes or super late game, when everyone is 25, yeah it can be good but I definitely stand by the statement that lvl death is the worst skill in the game. I can't think of a worse one.

Racecar doom is really fun (as is racecar anything) and aghs fits really well into that. So sure, situational.

Fair enough, especially when you have pack leader aura its more like Doom > one auto-attack > instant KO.

I really think you underestimate it though. You can really melt anything late-game (also mid game if you keep a couple points spare to level it up so it can do its 20% extra dmg) and it has a shorter cooldown than linken's. I wasn't able to find a video of it in application, but I'll go test it out as soon as I get home. A 6-slotted Medusa is the tankiest hero in the game right? I'll try making a video with a lvl 25 doom casting lvl? death on a lvl 25 max slotted Medusa.

Is racecar doom just drums + phase?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if this test client update is hitting the main branch tonight or if they'll just save it for the F2P update.

I think it will, I mean no one has reported any significant issues with it

Oh, in case you care, you can now get the Fan of Piercing Silence on the Steam Market. Costs like $.30.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Something had to give.

I think the onus is more on Valve. They have to start planning this stuff way more ahead than they are. Start planning TI5 right now, not kidding.

An event on the scale of TI seems like something that should be standardized each year.
Not sure if that is something that is possible this early on, but it would be nice to have. Instead of speculation, you would have a specific date each year to look forward to.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Go Next.kz! Come onnnnnn.

Bwhahaha, you tell the jokes. They lost to The Retry like two day. They already gave up first blood in the time its taken me to taunt you! Now the second while I was writing that last line. Got to stop typing, I'm missing all the action.

COMEBACK

Is racecar doom just drums + phase?
Racecar anything is just whatever gives you move speed so s&y or just yasha, mask of madness, euls, drums. Just pick and choose with what you want.

Tankiest hero would be something like a super fed pudge or something.

edit: that was the worst puppey pause ive ever seen

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Next KZ with the Puppy Pause.

0979400B7DDE59BA02A65823182A1B46563904DF

Hylian7

COMEBACK

Racecar anything is just whatever gives you move speed so s&y or just yasha, mask of madness, euls, drums. Just pick and choose with what you want.

Tankiest hero would be something like a super fed pudge or something.

edit: that was the worst puppey pause ive ever seen
Reminds me of the old Diretide trick of getting the other team to agree to feed Pudge until he has a billon Flesh Heap, get Aghanim's and Hearts and go to town Dismembering Rosh.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
When custom games are here the first thing people will do is race to make lol in it with all the champs free.

I wonder if Valve will make it easy to ship single heroes to the workshop, or if you will have to do entire game mode mods. Because if you got single heroes and some custom maps you will get some jimmy rigged mixed artstyle LoL port within a week of proper mod support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom