• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezuth

It is literally impossible to reach 4K for me. I had a win streak today, then lost a game thanks to a huge throw by the stupid Clinkz on my team. While we are trying to break the base, Clinkz is off farming for his sixth slot by himself. Instead of actually fighting with us, he goes off by himself and farms all day long late game. We didn't push because we couldn't without him when we had the chance, and we couldn't take the fights without him. G fucking g.

People like him that obviously don't care about their MMR need to not be allowed to play ranked, because they ruin it for everyone else.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/560238044

Well I'm only 38mins into the game so far but its not just Clinkz. You guys just pushed mid and you missed a blackhole, sven died to a tower cuz he was tanking it.

Sven died again because you guys keep pushing against invis nyx+SB Slark+SB Ursa without detection.

Why the fuck didn't you pick up sentries or something? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Honestly, the fact no one gets detection is why you guys lost. They could catch you off guard when you pushed and when you guys were winning team fights they could escape and avoid being wiped

42mins after losing mid rax and bot tower BS finally buys some sentries.

You guys do a final push into their base, gets EMP so you have no mana and barely any health so you cant stun or disable. Instead of regrouping or backing you guys get picked off one by one like you have so far.

I didn't really see a good blackhole before 47mins but I didn't watch really closely.

Bloodseeker needed to get a basher into abyssal so you guys could kill Ursa. That Dagon build is pretty shit this late into the game.

The game was filled with bad builds and questionable choices by your team. If anything the Clinkz did pretty alright most of the time.

Hylian, from the brief time I've watched your stream, I've noticed you almost never click on other heroes to check their levels, items.

I think that could help in allowing you to be more aggressive/defensive when the moment permits.

Just my 2p

So yeah, I think this test patch was to set up the test client for something big happening in the next week, Valve does not like pushing patches for their games over a certain size (I think they try to keep them under 1GB). I believe the Free to Play movie is going to just accompany a sizable content patch.

I said this yesterday. From the files added over the last few weeks, it seems custom game modes, new Nevermore model and Techies will come soon.

There isn't even a way to test these test client update because ranked is locked for most people, and even so, you'd need to calibrate first. So doing it in the TC was entirely pointless.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Thacker is more than a man. Thacker is an idea, and in that way he will never be truly gone.

Or something.

Ketch

I'm sure they will, but honestly, what's the point of having an MMR system if you can't compare yourself to other people?

This is exactly the problem. What are you actually trying to prove? Are you really on a quest to get better at the game, or do you just want to tell people that you're better then them?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
No more croissant beard. :eek:

I wonder how they will distribute the loading screen. I have the full set but purchased piecemeal from the community store. I wonder if that will still count or if you need to have the set purchase in your Steam history.

How did they do it when they added the mask to the Councillor's set for Rubick?

you know...once you get to 70 mins in a match and everyone is lvl 25 i just cant get mad anymore. we are all so fat, it all comes down to teamfights and shit. and those are the kind of games i love.

shira

you know...once you get to 70 mins in a match and everyone is lvl 25 i just cant get mad anymore. we are all so fat, it all comes down to teamfights and shit. and those are the kind of games i love.
If it gets to that point my allies must be idiots. Gotta smoke up and backdoor the throne solo.

Quesa

fuck microsoft word

that is all

word processors fucking suck I was trying to view prof comments for a paper in OpenOffice and it fucking wouldn't let me I had to go to an online converter or someshit just to see a comment that was literally "lol" at something I wrote

OT: dota stuff

Acinixys

I just had the most frustrating game ive had in recent memory

We do fairly well and trade towers/kills evenly for the first 20 mins or so.

Then i see that our Storm has just a Perseverance and Mana Boots (at 20 mins which is disgusting)

I say to him can he please delay his Bloodstone and get an Orchid because their lineup is so spell heavy and it will win us team fights

His response?

STFU NOOB YOU KNOW NOTHING STORM NEEDS BLOODSTONE FOR MANA REGEN STUPID RETARD NOOB ASSHOLE PLAY YOUR OWN GAME IF YOU WANT FUCKING ORCHID GET IT YOURSELF (i might be paraphrasing a bit here but this is pretty close)

So obviously we lose the next 3 teamfights because invoker and bane get free reign and Storm ends 3/14 and didnt even finish his BS

A single poor item choice threw this game imo

z1Z3BxJ.png

inkls

Then i see that our Storm has just a Perseverance and Mana Boots (at 20 mins which is disgusting)

I say to him can he please delay his Bloodstone and get an Orchid because their lineup is so spell heavy and it will win us team fights

His response?

STFU NOOB YOU KNOW NOTHING STORM NEEDS BLOODSTONE FOR MANA REGEN STUPID RETARD NOOB ASSHOLE PLAY YOUR OWN GAME IF YOU WANT FUCKING ORCHID GET IT YOURSELF (i might be paraphrasing a bit here but this is pretty close)

So obviously we lose the next 3 teamfights because invoker and bane get free reign and Storm ends 3/14 and didnt even finish his BS

agh's refresher doom strikes again. Seriously, I though agh's was seen as a crappy item on doom, why is it so popular, why is it his 5th most built item and why does he have a 60% winrate with it?

shira

His response?

I love people that go mana boots and energy booster instead of just making the bloodstone.

It is literally impossible to reach 4K for me. I had a win streak today, then lost a game thanks to a huge throw by the stupid Clinkz on my team. While we are trying to break the base, Clinkz is off farming for his sixth slot by himself. Instead of actually fighting with us, he goes off by himself and farms all day long late game. We didn't push because we couldn't without him when we had the chance, and we couldn't take the fights without him. G fucking g.

People like him that obviously don't care about their MMR need to not be allowed to play ranked, because they ruin it for everyone else.

How far are you at this point? From the tone of your post, it seems like you're losing like 10 straight repeatedly but you seem to have just put up a multi game win streak. I mean the difference between 3.75 and 4k is roughly 10 wins worth of points. It's gonna take some time.

rezuth

His response?

Haha, those arcane boots! He could have finished his fucking bloodstone already if he was smart.

Boken

Banned
wow you guys are fucking obnoxious with that free thacker shit

its like you guys lack the ability to think for yourself so you just circlejerk over the same joke constantly

congrats, if it was ever funny, its not anymore.

We should've arranged a real-life meet up between Thacker and a peruvian.

Brazilians are the worst. I hate playing on South American servers because of them.

I'm brazilian.

I don't play in south american servers because EVERYONE is brazilian and I speak spanish.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/560206986

The power of positive reinforcement. Pudge was goddamn awful early on at landing his hooks (there were some huge whiffs at people just standing still). After about 3 missed ones, my friend starts egging him with the usual "Pudge, you suck" over voice chat which obviously upset the guy (he started to half rage over the mic) and he continued down the course of shit pudges that can't land hooks (Even the other team joined in on the fun over chat) for about 20+ min (there was one point at which CM was basically standing there dewarding and he whiffed on the hook). So I was feeling generous last night and told the guy over voice chat "Don't worry, misses happen, you'll hit the next one" and basically just made sure to top his mana off every time he threw a bad hook with mana boots (I was casually playing Ogre Magi). Then we all started cheering him on when he finally hit a hook and continued to just pat him on the back essentially thereafter whenever he made a good play. Lo and behold, dude all of a sudden started making plays all over the map and even ended up with a great score (despite his terrible start- I mean he didn't become Dendi but the hooks started landing and his decision making improved considerably over the course of the game). Eventually we went from like 1-2 racks down to pushing to win the game (I made very little contribution that game unless you're wondering- even flameblasted a creep by accident).

Don't set 4k as some sort of dream barrier, its still shit, nobody ever plays for their team in AP. You won't have those close, competitive pseudo-pro games, you'll have two dipshits fighting over mid, even when they implemented a fucking lane map.

manfestival

wow you guys are fucking obnoxious with that free thacker shit

its like you guys lack the ability to think for yourself so you just circlejerk over the same joke constantly

congrats, if it was ever funny, its not anymore.

dude its not that serious

>Relax, you are doing fine.

Quesa

Don't set 4k as some sort of dream barrier, its still shit, nobody ever plays for their team in AP. You won't have those close, competitive pseudo-pro games, you'll have two dipshits fighting over mid, even when they implemented a fucking lane map.

Heroes go in their lanes man if you got templar pudge qop and zeus quadlane mid is your only option

Anyone doing regular 5 man teams that is around 4k? I'm pretty close to uninstalling if I keep playing solo queue, people just don't want to cooperate and it ends up being a waste of time lately. Doesn't have to be ranked party MM. I could give a shit less about rating anymore, game just isn't fun when its ruined in 2 mins by dumb picks.

Acinixys

Hylian you need to duo queue if you dont already

Having just one other person you can talk to and laugh with about dumb shit makes the game so much better. I have infinitively more fun playing with my BFF because i know that there is at lest one person I can rely on to not be shit

Also, MMR does not equal skill. What do you expect to find at 4K MMR? Its going to be the same idiots doing the same dumb shit, just with a bigger number next to their name

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i fucking love void he's pretty unstoppable in the late game sure he's absolutely shit in the laning phase and he can get shutdown hard however if you make th right decisions you can still get some decent farm. and still win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom