• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Radiance Naga is the most digusting thing to watch in pro games.

Nerf this filth icefroge
im guessing radiance stacks from illusions

But HoTs doesn't have a items and therefore no Refresher Orb.

doom_bringer_doom_hp2.png
they have the lord of terror tho

3ijQqE6.png

RIP

Nirvana

Why don't the people who hate radiance naga just pick PL?

Naga kind of crushes PL though. Her illusions are innately tankier, riptide aoe damage gives them more burst and they last a lot longer; she can also make them whenever as opposed to having to build an army of them before a fight/push.

I think someone did a test on here actually and Naga won every time as far as man-fighting goes. She also has a fucking GG ultimate on top of it all, whereas PL really has no teamfight presence until he is really stacked and just unstoppable.

Chris R

OD is silly.

Got bitched at nonstop for using imprison but still helped pull out the win with some crazy ass Eclipse damage.

Wish our raptor had a veil, would have been even more crazy. Bars simply melt, like how can anyone lose with this guy?

Ketch

OD is silly.

Got bitched at nonstop for using imprison but still helped pull out the win with some crazy ass Eclipse damage.

Wish our raptor had a veil, would have been even more crazy. Bars simply melt, like how can anyone lose with this guy?

He's pretty easy to gank early game. So just shut him down.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Fuck playing ihs with gaf is stressful

invo set wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for those stupid pants
Hahaha was it? It felt kind of relaxed tbh. I thought there would be a lot more talking. Instead there was like 3 lines in 3 games. Everyone seemed to know what to do though, so that was really nice.
You did good bro 8)

So did dimon and haz! WE MAKE A SICK TEAM GUYS
8D

First game I wasn't even mad since I thought I played the best I could (Drain illu to kill it, hex TB, line up impale).
http://gfycat.com/OddWideeyedLamprey

Second game I traded Lycan for Ember which was fine since I want to learn both heroes and I actually know what I'm supposed to do with Ember.
Since my last Ember game was 4 months ago I forgot a few things (Like thinking Remant throw range was half of what it was and that it cost mana for the first 10 minutes) but it worked out okay.
After getting a lucky FB I should have killed Razor again, but I didn't realize I could (and I wasn't keeping track of static link level). I mucked up a few Remnant TPs as well and wasn't sure exactly how far I should go to chase or kill.
Since pudge and 1.09 gave so much map room I just focused on getting what farm I could and push the lane I was in. After deso SoF hits for 300+, good hero.

Last game as Lich I didn't ice armor pre-team fights, but I thought I did well in the bottom lane against Tusk (zoning and pulling creeps to megapush tower).
Probably was a little aggressive on some of the cleanup since I like Kill Securing, but didn't want to take any chances. I did give morph that one kill! The bounces were easy to line up since we had two blink initiators.
Could have pushed harder when we were too.

Good first time IH experience overall. Felt I did well even if it didn't feel like I was needed too much. Any tips or advice is appreciated.

Also now I'm feeling cocky, what's would you think my MMR would be, or did I get carried?
http://dotabuff.com/matches/567258946

Pretty good example of how one play can essentially decide a game. The game is relatively even at this point. They've got a set of our rax down, we've got 1/2 a set down. 34-34 on kills. Abaddon overextends onto our side of the river, gets picked off. A fight develops as his team considers trying to save him. Zeus ults, tiny tosses an avalanche, nearly killing 4 of us. He tosses me (Void) but as I land I pop the world's best chrono. Tiny is literally one swing away from an ultra kill, but I've caught them all. Necro manages to pop Mek, and we clean up for the teamwipe. Not too long after, a win is in hand..
I had like 4 amazing chronos in my Void game, but we still lost after 60 minutes :'[

Also submit it!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, fuck me, I think I may have just deleted all my replays trying to set up a symbolic link. Trying to run some file recovery software now, but I don't think its gonna find anything, it seems windows and chrome put their temp files right where the replays were stored.

Nirvana

Lol. All this talk of radiance Naga being op and I just lost a game playing it. Their team was all carries, with tons of antipush which made it hard.

I think mainly I just got so focused on farming and microing my illusions that I didn't come to fights early enough and they all had bkb's anyway so I wasn't accomplishing much to be honest even when I did.

Pretty shitty game overall, but I sort of learned to play the hero.

There is rarely a time where drums aren't good on a hero.

It depends. There are a few heroes I don't recommend it on and others, where I'd recommend it but if you are a poor farmer, they might just delay your core items.

I am pretty damn good ricer and have no problem with farming. Getting Treads and Drums within 10 minutes with Terrorblade is easy for me and farming a quick Manta Style shortly after is no big deal to me either. He just benefits so much from stats.

rezuth

It depends. There are a few heroes I don't recommend it on and others, where I'd recommend it but if you are a poor farmer, they might just delay your core items.

I am pretty damn good ricer and have no problem with farming. Getting Treads and Drums within 10 minutes with Terrorblade is easy for me and farming a quick Manta Style shortly after is no big deal to me either. He just benefits so much from stats.

Drums is a great item if you have poor farm.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Drums is a great item if you have poor farm.

With the ever increasing cost I'm of the opinion that you really have to make good use of the ms/as or really, really need the stats to make drum worth buying. It's too expensive to just be a "What the hell I'm farming and I like stats" item anymore.

I was honestly expecting him to get a texture remake before hats. His textures are a little on the rough side compared to other item ready heroes, but textures can easily be changed with or without cosmetics at any point in time, so it's not really a big deal.

Quesa

Hahaha was it? It felt kind of relaxed tbh. I thought there would be a lot more talking. Instead there was like 3 lines in 3 games. Everyone seemed to know what to do though, so that was really nice.

I'm honestly intimidated by some of the people there, like I'm being scrutinized for every move I make.
and a moment's notice away from being pinged by 109
It was fun though!

GorillaJu

Tuned into 109s stream last night and he was TB with AA as lane support vs a BH. Next game I played, I randomed AA, teammate randomed TB, and our lane enemy? BH.

:lol

Like you have a fire and ice dragon and you can let your imagination go wild with half a body made of shards of ice, very angular and the other of molten lava, with obsidian and melting rocks, the two always at odds with each other. Make ice look cold, sharp, with geometric shapes in a very orderly fashion. Make the fire looks melty, cracked, flowing, organic, in opposite of the order and patterns of ice.

And then they make a dragon who has 90% of his body as a black blob, one head a red turtle and one head a bright blue dragon, without much fire and ice at all other than relevant colors and a little lava on the fire head.

One of the more disappointing early designs for Dota 2 heroes. I imagine this will be fixed... eventually, but it seems there's so much more there for a twin headed fire/ice dragon than what Jakiro is.

Boken

Banned
Like you have a fire and ice dragon and you can let your imagination go wild with half a body made of shards of ice, very angular and the other of molten lava, with obsidian and melting rocks, the two always at odds with each other. Make ice look cold, sharp, with geometric shapes in a very orderly fashion. Make the fire looks melty, cracked, flowing, organic, in opposite of the order and patterns of ice.
and this is why we have concept artists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom