• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furion isn't that easy to gank, between his global teleport, shadow blade, the ability to block you or himself off from attacks with the tree ring, it's so damn annoying. The only saving grace is that he has low movespeed so if you can catch him with low mana you can get him

ksan

dHkk2Bo.png
dHkk2Bo.png
dHkk2Bo.png
GreyFcae
dHkk2Bo.png

I think Alliance are getting too much hate, sure they're not the number 1 team currently and aren't clearly number 1 in the West but they're still obviously a top team. Right now in the West there's easily 5 teams who are currently playing on a similar level and it makes the scene much more interesting

Dina

What's up with Dragon Knight resurgence in pro-Dota? I haven't seen that hero in 4 months and suddenly he's back.

Hung_real

Alliance is having no such experience. They continue to participate in what I would consider too many tournaments with teams of varying degrees of skill from all regions Dota 2 is available for play in. They're collecting plenty of experience and it will prepare them well to defend their championship belts when that season comes back around.

If anything I'd say a short break would do them some good. I don't know how they keep the schedule they have and don't want to kill someone. Suggesting replacement of players seems very, very misplaced from my purview.

http://www.ongamers.com/articles/al...-team-before-starladder-viii-finals/1100-589/

TI champions are cursed

something about afternoon dota means I get paired with the least competent and ragiest teammates, I guess. PL spent the whole game complaining about everyone's build and not farming. Ended the game with 238 GPM.

Dude picked PL after someone already picked antimage during the draft, dude was obviously the main reason we lost the game.

BeesEight

Well Na'Vi's malaise at LANs wasn't near the disaster of Alliance's.

If we then look at IG, the fact they were unable to shirk it for the International this year means that Alliance need to work out a way of winning or they could suffer a similar fate.

Yeah, look at how well Na'Vi has been performing in these tournaments recently.

Eliminated from the Dota 2 Champions League before the finals by Sigma.
Eliminated from the D2L before the finals by Fnatic.
Eliminated from MLG Championship in the semifinals by DK.

I don't know why we're ragging on Alliance when Na'Vi is also in just as big a "malaise." Honestly, I think the biggest factor is that the competition right now is just so tight between teams. We haven't seen as large a gap between skill as the first International in some time. There are lots of high quality teams vying for prizes and this is exactly the sort of thing we want to see. I prefer not having one team dominate every competition.

Anyway, it is only January. There's still lots of time for players to adjust to the patch changes, new and rebalanced heroes as well as the shifts in the meta-game. Give it a few months before we start writing off any of the tops as disasters.

G.ZZZ

Changing [A] lineup is retarded. No one in the west is on good form right now and they have absolutely 0 motivation after TI3.

Yeah, look at how well Na'Vi has been performing in these tournaments recently.

Eliminated from the Dota 2 Champions League before the finals by Sigma.
Eliminated from the D2L before the finals by Fnatic.
Eliminated from MLG Championship in the semifinals by DK.

I don't know why we're ragging on Alliance when Na'Vi is also in just as big a "malaise." Honestly, I think the biggest factor is that the competition right now is just so tight between teams. We haven't seen as large a gap between skill as the first International in some time. There are lots of high quality teams vying for prizes and this is exactly the sort of thing we want to see. I prefer not having one team dominate every competition.

Anyway, it is only January. There's still lots of time for players to adjust to the patch changes, new and rebalanced heroes as well as the shifts in the meta-game. Give it a few months before we start writing off any of the tops as disasters.

in looking at lan results and performances as theyre different beasts. Alliance were so dominant, im not suggesting they dominate every tournament but their Lan performances have been completely limp.

for whatever reason, theyve not performed at all. To say they have 0 motivation as someone mentioned is ridiculous in my opinion.

i also think Na'Vi need to tell kuroky to do one.

anyway, time will tell obviously. But remember the international 3 was 5 months ago, nearing the point when we're closer to the new tournament.

there are issues, things that could be rememdied obviously but i honestly think bulldog has been found out. I hope im wrong.

M.D

http://dotabuff.com/matches/460799380

I have no idea how we survived this game Oo

It was RD so I ended up being Meepo in a trilane, but I got to lvl 4 pretty fast anyway.. lane didn't go so great against Tusk and Sniper, and by 20 minutes or so I think they took a bunch of towers, but some really nice plays from a friend on the Rubick and a fellow gaffer on the AA made up for things, and once Mirana started using her ult to initiate, we had some really good team fights

I don't even know how I finished my agh, I didn't get any farm in lane and killed less than 10 camps the entire game, but blink was so helpful once I got it and allowed me to get a bunch of kills and then towers and get the rest of my items

Forgive me, was typing on a jittery bus coming back from school. Quick summary:

1. Alliance aren't a bad team
2. Lan performances have been awful
3. Lack of motivation may be a factor - But not a complete explanation
4. Bulldog only plays a very limited hero pool well
5. Their lineups are easily predicted
6. Na'Vi have been the most consistent across the Internationals and haven't been afraid to change their line up to replace those underperforming/lost motivation

I won't say anymore until the next time when Alliance go out first in a competition.

inkls

http://dotabuff.com/matches/460799380

I have no idea how we survived this game Oo

It was RD so I ended up being Meepo in a trilane, but I got to lvl 4 pretty fast anyway.. lane didn't go so great against Tusk and Sniper, and by 20 minutes or so I think they took a bunch of towers, but some really nice plays from a friend on the Rubick and a fellow gaffer on the AA made up for things, and once Mirana started using her ult to initiate, we had some really good team fights

I don't even know how I finished my agh, I didn't get any farm in lane and killed less than 10 camps the entire game, but blink was so helpful once I got it and allowed me to get a bunch of kills and then towers and get the rest of my items

That CK was the only thing that made this game last that long, otherwise they lost every team fight.

Mirana didn't know what smoke ganks were and everytime rubick said to group up for smoke and used his smoke, she though it was her cue to use her ult, double invis ftw

M.D

That CK was the only thing that made this game last that long, otherwise they lost every team fight.

Mirana didn't know what smoke ganks were and everytime rubick said to group up for smoke and used his smoke, she though it was her cue to use her ult, double invis ftw
Oh hey :p
I don't think we actually had an actual team fighr till later on? I remember it being a lot of small fights
Tusk and Sniper were out of position a lot

Pretty sure they had tier 2 mid by 20 minutes. I think they would've won if they just kept pushing

Mirana did use her ult later on tho, I think we got some good team fights out of that

Hypothetically, if they did replace bulldog, who would they get? He always seemed like a pretty unique offlaner.

Who couldn't they get, you know? I don't know the terms of the contracts these guys sign to join their teams, but I'd suspect only players on a handful of teams would refuse overtures being made to them from the team that just won 2.3 million dollars. If I'm on a Western team not named Na'Vi, Fnatic or maybe Speed, I'd take an offer from them in a heartbeat.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Hmmm so jungling CM is better than laning her?

No, you want to be a lane support first and foremost, roam ganking whenever you can early in the game and doing your best to help secure your lane. What people mean when they say jungle with CM is managing your downtime by jungling. While your teammates farm lanes and you might otherwise be idle, head into the jungle, frostbite a big creep and get to farming. It will help get you much needed gold and xp instead of just falling behind.

docbon

No, you want to be a lane support first and foremost, roam ganking whenever you can early in the game and doing your best to help secure your lane. What people mean when they say jungle with CM is managing your downtime by jungling. While your teammates farm lanes and you might otherwise be idle, head into the jungle, frostbite a big creep and get to farming. It will help get you much needed gold and xp instead of just falling behind.

Finding out frostbite had a ten second duration on creeps was a quite a pleasant surprise.

Low Tier
Who couldn't they get, you know? I don't know the terms of the contracts these guys sign to join their teams, but I'd suspect only players on a handful of teams would refuse overtures being made to them from the team that just won 2.3 million dollars. If I'm on a Western team not named Na'Vi, Fnatic or maybe Speed, I'd take an offer from them in a heartbeat.

http://www.ongamers.com/articles/al...-team-before-starladder-viii-finals/1100-589/

LOL DV PAY UP

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

EG.FEAR ALLIANCE TI4 BELEIVE

"While it is unknown what sort of changes are on the way, roster changes seem very unlikely given how close the players on the team are with one another. What seems more plausible are role shuffles or changes in practice methodology."

I AIN'T GOT NO MONNAY FA U

edit: and in my opinion, they need a break more than role shuffles or changes in practice. All this playing multiple high-level matches for multiple tournaments damn near every day has to be draining.

"While it is unknown what sort of changes are on the way, roster changes seem very unlikely given how close the players on the team are with one another. What seems more plausible are role shuffles or changes in practice methodology."

I AIN'T GOT NO MONNAY FA U

edit: and in my opinion, they need a break more than role shuffles or changes in practice. All this playing multiple high-level matches for multiple tournaments damn near every day has to be draining.

Who would play where if they decided to change roles?

Acinixys

What do you guys think about buying sentries with the starting gold on brood? The past few days I've been starting with a stout shield and getting a quick poor mans instead to make myself a little bit harder to kill early on.

I ALWAYS get sentries straight up on Brood. Not only does it make it super easy to counter ward them, but them knowing u have sentries on you makes them nervous to buy their own IMO

I usually go sentries/2 branches/soul ring recipe. The faster you can get your soul ring the better. Makes you HP regen at lvl 3 10.3 under your webs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom