• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vade

What is the reason for Sylar's tissues/napkins? does he have the world's sweatiest hands, is he dying, does he cry after he kills someone?

IceMarker

After a horrible day yesterday, today it felt good to steal all of the spells.

6Cd61sr.png

NBtoaster

PSA:

Maxing Last Word on Silencer is better than Curse of the Silent (reliable damage and silence + unreliable disarm >> unreliable mana burn). People constantly max curse and its an awful skill.

Epix

This Brood bot lane afk farming, cliff dwelling, tag your it strat is laughably broken and embarrassing to watch.

Sibylus

Banned
But yeah, loving the Slardar lovefest as of late. The last time I remember seeing him played this much... might have been TI1?

PSA:

Maxing Last Word on Silencer is better than Curse of the Silent (reliable damage and silence + unreliable disarm >> unreliable mana burn). People constantly max curse and its an awful skill.

I always assumed curse was a followup to last word because it's so easy to get out of curse, but both times I played silencer were basically "try to get a good ult and just do whatever in the mean time". It worked out literally half the time.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Did some work on my GAF GOTY list tonight. Sneak preview!!!!!!!!:

1. Dota 2 ; What can I say? Take the kill/death focused, competitive nature of a Halo or Call of Duty. Mix it in with the character depth and breadth of matchups of a fighting game. Sprinkle in the leveling, skilling, and item-buying of an RPG. Top it all off with the steep learning curve and maximum skill-cap of a game like chess. What you're left with is Dota 2. Let me be clear: I never, ever thought I'd be playing a game like this. I never played Warcraft, or Starcraft. I laughed at people who devoted hundreds of hours to this game, and I laughed even harder at those who admitted they hadn't mastered it after such an investment. I could not have been more wrong. Yeah, the community can be abrasive, or downright nasty. Individual games can be so frustrating you want to destroy things. But when this game works... when you've got a great team of friends (or even strangers) fighting out a close game, or you're watching a genuinely thrilling professional match (trust me)... when Dota 2 works, it is damn near perfect. I've been playing for just over a year now, and I cannot wait to see where the game goes from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom