• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
I can't even run it on Low right now with Twitch hitching to shit. Sure glad you fucked chat instead of expanding your capacity, Twitch!

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I hate the 1 game advantage bullshit. Not only does the loosing team have to play2-3 extra game to get to the finals... they get same day fatigue.
It's also a spectator sport. I wanna see a potential of 5 games, dammit.

Nirvana

Hypothetically, if they did replace bulldog, who would they get? He always seemed like a pretty unique offlaner.

I can understand why people are singling out Bulldog, but this reminds me of all of the people saying to get rid of Xboct before TI3, only to see him give basically the best carry performance in the tournament (aside from Loda obviously). He played so well from alienware onwards that it shut everyone up; now they're back on Kuroky's dick.

Alliance will pull it together. I kind of hope they don't, being a Na'Vi fan boy, but they more than likely will. I also think a knee-jerk roster change on their part would be stupid, especially since they will likely not only need to find a player of equal calibre, but a Swedish player more specifically, since that's what Loda wanted in the first place.

Vaporak

I hate the 1 game advantage bullshit. Not only does the loosing team have to play2-3 extra game to get to the finals... they get same day fatigue.
It's also a spectator sport. I wanna see a potential of 5 games, dammit.

It's less of a disadvantage than they would get with a real double elimination tournament.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ayesee should know not to throw his production under the bus and also say D2L always has ton of issues.

SMH

Sibylus

Banned
Ayesee should know not to throw his production under the bus and also say D2L always has ton of issues.

SMH
I know nothing about the D2L's production staff other than Conrad, but things seem to go more smoothly when it's just him managing the stream for online qualis and the like. Wonder if there was some bum equipment contracted out for this week...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
t5ghBo1.gif

Moving from HoN to DotA2 due to pressure from friends and some of the things really friggin nag at me with this game (well to be fair I havent played HoN in a long while either with me playing more on consoles this past year):

The hero selection screen is horrible compared to HoN or even og DotA with small icons where you can pick real fast if need be. In SD you cannot see what picks your allies have, you cannot see the names of the heroes your allies have under their portrait... Also enemies see your picks in SD :/

Game feels to be quite buggy for a final release of such competetive game. Sometimes the cursor bugs so that the item icon is glued to it and you cannot open or fastbuy recipes. Sometimes stuff just don't plain work like Meepo clone not getting the boots before you die, scepter not working with Banes ult thru the whole game...

No concede option. Drives me absolutely nuts on some games. The game also feels slightly less responsive for whatever reason.

This is entirely taste issue but I liked that HoN removed the need for secret shop. Been getting used to it again tho. Same for 00 runes.

Not to say that there ain't stuff that I like too. Skin drops are fun and lil more customization with different parts, game seems to run better on my PC with very fast in and out when going to windows, Phantom Lancer is back and that was one of the heroes I really wanted for HoN...

Lets see how it goes.

bounchfx

Game feels to be quite buggy for a final release of such competetive game. Sometimes the cursor bugs so that the item icon is glued to it and you cannot open or fastbuy recipes.

I've only seen this happen once in over 200 games.. and strangely enough, they said this was patched recently I think? Sucks if it's still happening, but to call this game buggy is flat out wrong from my experience. Though I haven't played HoN, it might be very technically sound.

As for response time... it's probably your ping.

I've only seen this happen once in over 200 games.. and strangely enough, they said this was patched recently I think? Sucks if it's still happening, but to call this game buggy is flat out wrong from my experience. Though I haven't played HoN, it might be very technically sound.

As for response time... it's probably your ping.
It' s happened to me 3 times. I have been playing for like 2-3 weeks I think? Prolly around 30+ games, can't check now lol. Dunno about patches.

Chris R

The hero selection screen is horrible compared to HoN or even og DotA with small icons where you can pick real fast if need be. In SD you cannot see what picks your allies have, you cannot see the names of the heroes your allies have under their portrait... Also enemies see your picks in SD :/

They do need to work on this somewhat. I have AP turned off so most of my games are SD when they aren't RD or AR. Kinda glad it isn't random at 0:00 though, since often my team doesn't pick who THEY are playing. I'm not counter picking you other team, I swear, I'm making sure we don't end up on a team with 5 carries :|

Dec

Welp, they need to pick heroes Demon has practiced/played recently. Those missed torrent combos pretty much cost them the game.

He played a good kunka today. Just had a poor game I guess.

-

It's the same fucking teams. Why is there such a massive gap between games....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom