• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

DIRECTOR 8 FOREVER
Director is back with a vengeance
EzGame.gif

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1us96v/incoming_chinese_reshuffle_xiao8_might_leave_lgd/

edit: Holy shit looks like xiao8's leaving.

translate from his weibo:
谢谢队友们,圆满的结局。2014会有一个新的开始,在LGD三年多了,永远的Dream 5人组。
Thank my teammates for a perfect ending. There will be a new beginning in 2014. I have been in LGD for three years, and long live Dream.

edit: edit: Holy shit again.

The four remaining players will be players from Invictus Gaming and Tongfu which we will not disclose until he have further confirmation.

These reshuffles are going to be crazy! China is not fucking around. Screw this 4-5 team WPC-ACE. They sending 2 superteams to TI4 for the Aegis.

cheezcake

Man seriously mmr seems to be solely based on whether you win or lose and nothing else.

Just had a ranked game where our hard carry (void) abandoned 5 minutes in, we were playing 4v5 vs a brood split push and yet we would've won if our legion commander didnt have a panic attack while we were finishing off their ancient, activated her bkb then ran around for a good 5-6 seconds instead of attacking ancient and gave time for brewmaster to get his ult back up and hold us off. They had mega creeps for a good 5 minutes at this time, so we eventually lost because we couldnt hold off anymore.

Anyway I apparently lost 26 mmr for this match despite going 22-9-26....

http://dotabuff.com/matches/461459946

ViviOggi

Meepo
Geostrike now has an active ability that a Meepo can use to dig underground and hide itself for 0.75/1/1.25/1.5 seconds. The hidden Meepoes cannot be targeted by any other abilities except for Poof and AoE damage still hits them. Has a cooldown of 15 seconds and a manacost of 50
Night Stalker
- Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Darkness now decreases enemy vision by 35%
chansub-global-emoticon-8eed21805f6217ce-27x29.png

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This is what Alliance needs to do, I believe. Find a hero in an unknown niche and exploit it to victory, using your enemy's lack of knowledge of the hero to your advantage, like he did previously with Druid.

Tusk Tusk please be Tusk

Actually, knowing Bulldog's preferred styles, what could it be? Spectre, Spectre, please be Spectre

I really dislike Bulldog for some reason. Probably due to all the douchebag heroes he plays but I also recall that incident about him insulting an innocent team for not delaying a game in order for Alliance to participate.

I ain't no wc3 expert or nothin' but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I was under the impression cool down timers were pretty much static and there was nothing you could do to make them random or make them dynamic other than making a bunch of the same skill with multiple cooldowns and swapping them around, like I believe Death Prophet works.

Btw. I'm really enjoying SingSing's streams. I have ignored him for most of my Dota career but lately, I tuned into some of his sessions and he was pretty hilarious and entertaining. I probably enjoy Purge a bit more but both are really good.

I wonder if stuff like ES is why we don't get heroes in Dota 2 until they're a year or more older in Dota.

But some people seem to be acting like this is the first pub stomping hero Dota 2 has had. At least he's not in CM like a certain wolf themed hero was a few years ago.

ElyrionX

Playing 4v5 against a Doom is just ridiculous. Clock went 0-4 (stupid noob who blamed everyone for his mistakes) and ragequit on us and their Doom bought a Refresher. It was virtually 2v5 in the major fights zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

EDIT: Also losing a 4v5 game and losing 20+ MMR points for it is just idiotic.

manfestival

Playing 4v5 against a Doom is just ridiculous. Clock went 0-4 (stupid noob who blamed everyone for his mistakes) and ragequit on us and their Doom bought a Refresher. It was virtually 2v5 in the major fights zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

EDIT: Also losing a 4v5 game and losing 20+ MMR points for it is just idiotic.

I see why people build refresher on doom but I am not a fan of it

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I wonder if stuff like ES is why we don't get heroes in Dota 2 until they're a year or more older in Dota.

But some people seem to be acting like this is the first pub stomping hero Dota 2 has had. At least he's not in CM like a certain wolf themed hero was a few years ago.

Old Lycan doesn't even come close to how broken Earth Spirit is right now. He's more comparable to new brood. This is the most broken hero I've seen in dota since like old naix/medusa yeaaaaars ago--and those two are probably slanted by my memory as a noob.

Earth is just the ultimate s2 hero, a strength hero that pretty much does everything straight out of the HoN school of design.

rugioh

Banned
Whats the best way to find replays of a specific character? In Dotabuff some of the verified accounts games of say a TA/Puck are older than 30 days.

manfestival

singsings twitchchat has to be the best twitchchat in existence

I hate dendis chat. nazi mods etc etc(I think its hilarious when someone posts that copy pasta on twitch)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It seems that pros have been streaming on Twitch much more often now that ranked MM is in.
Is that a correct assumption?

Radec

singsings twitchchat has to be the best twitchchat in existence

I hate dendis chat. nazi mods etc etc(I think its hilarious when someone posts that copy pasta on twitch)

who's the emoticon-guy on those twitch chat ?

been seeing him and have no idea who that is. pretty annoying tbh. lol

Earth is just the ultimate s2 hero, a strength hero that pretty much does everything straight out of the HoN school of design.

Ehh, I don't know. I think if they choked his base int to the point where he had Earthshaker levels of mana issues for most of the early game, plus tweak his absurdly low cooldowns, he could do alright.

Also maybe have some kind of wind up for rocks, so you have to actually place them ahead of time and not just drop them as needed. Or make them shatter after any using any spell so you can never re-use them.

He's a workable hero. He's not beyond balancing, he's just too much of a lot of good things with few downsides at this point. They just need to expand the downsides and water down the good things a bit.

Anyone interested in a Kantusa the Script Sword? I just ordered myself the DOTA 2 mouse off the Valve store yesterday, and since cosmetics aren't my thing, I figured I could sell it here to offset the price of the mouse a little bit. Shoot me a pm if you're interested, and we can talk about it. If we agree to terms, I'll pm you the code in a few days when I receive it in the mail.

domstah

Desolator on Dazzle is legit - haven't quite found the perfect build for Carry Dazzle (still have mana issues) but Phase - Urn - Desolator is working out okay for me.

Anteo

Earth Spirit
- Turn rate increased from 0.6 to 0.8
- Geomagnetic Grip cast range decreased from 1400 to 1200
- Geomagnetic Grip now pulls targets other than Stone Remnants for only half the distance
- Boulder Smash now deals no damage if a Stone Remnant isn't used

Looks legit

M.D

Is Steam fucked up again, or it is just my game? Everyone got disconnected except me, then after a minute when everyone came back I disconnected, came back and we won but no stats are recorded

You know what's really fucking annoying? When you try your hardest in a Ranked Captain's Mode game and go 16-0 as Timbersaw, only to come out of the match happy and see the DOTA 2 Network/Steam is down. Log back in and find my game doesn't exist anymore.

Fuck Valve servers, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom