• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Übermatik;96496154 said:
You know what's really fucking annoying? When you try your hardest in a Ranked Captain's Mode game and go 16-0 as Timbersaw, only to come out of the match happy and see the DOTA 2 Network/Steam is down. Log back in and find my game doesn't exist anymore.

Fuck Valve servers, seriously.

Hey! Where'd I go?

Nymerio

Desolator on Dazzle is legit - haven't quite found the perfect build for Carry Dazzle (still have mana issues) but Phase - Urn - Desolator is working out okay for me.

The true Dazzlator has a medallion as well. Desolator, ulti and medallion make people melt before your eyes.

Dina

I thought I was a pretty decent Dota 2 player, but this 4000 MMR hell is just terrible. I guess I'm not as good as I thought I was, because these teammates I keep being paired up with are just flatout retarded.

shira

Did some work on my GAF GOTY list tonight. Sneak preview!!!!!!!!:

Can you somehow throw in how it is a learning tool for Russian, Spanish, and Portugese.

I thought I was a pretty decent Dota 2 player, but this 4000 MMR hell is just terrible. I guess I'm not as good as I thought I was, because these teammates I keep being paired up with are just flatout retarded.

All it means is that on the opposite team there is another 4000 MMR player.

manfestival

they fucken lost :p
OPPPAAAA
Dendi and Sing losing again
Its pretty much the story of the two of them playing.
I think dendi is cursed in ranked MM

I can't remember the last game I watched him win

Yeah he doesnt win that often from watching him stream and he tends to give first blood but I would only blame him for a couple losses out of all of the ones ive seen so I gotta watch him instead!

pyrion is on and well singsing is entertaining but pyrion comes on drunk half of the time and its great

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ehh, I don't know. I think if they choked his base int to the point where he had Earthshaker levels of mana issues for most of the early game, plus tweak his absurdly low cooldowns, he could do alright.

Also maybe have some kind of wind up for rocks, so you have to actually place them ahead of time and not just drop them as needed. Or make them shatter after any using any spell so you can never re-use them.

He's a workable hero. He's not beyond balancing, he's just too much of a lot of good things with few downsides at this point. They just need to expand the downsides and water down the good things a bit.

Of course he's workable. Every hero is workable, it's just a straight up numbers game--no one is denying that. All I'm saying (and many others) is that Earth spirit in his current form is grossly and utterly broken, moreso than any hero I've played against in my 8 years of playing dota, HoN, and dota 2.

Dina

All it means is that on the opposite team there is another 4000 MMR player.

What loses games more then anything is just a lack of understanding how this patch works. It's all about the roaming, ganking deathstack in the first twenty minutes of the game, but people still are content farming their lane while the entire jungle is being made into a no fly zone. And then, surprise, lanes start losing to ganks, mid gets blamed, supports can't find their stride, wards get countered and you lose at around 40 minutes even though it was over around the 20 minute mark.

You see it in picks as well. Too many passive supports who don't smoke or initiate ganks. Too little roamers or snowball heroes. Blegh.

Some dude posted this interesting theory on TerrorBlade and the foulfell shard.

For a while now, "Corrupted" quality items have been showing up on the Steam Marketplace for Dota 2 ( http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=appid:570+corrupted[1] ). Their creation was part of a recent winter event in the game called Wraith Night. They come with a socketed gem called a "Foulfell Shard" ( http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Foulfell_Shard[2] ) which has a stat on it tracking Demons Imprisoned. Some people are saying that killing demonic characters like Doom, Shadow Fiend, Shadow Demon, Lion, Queen of Pain, etc. is causing the gem to count demons imprisoned. The sigil on the gem matches the one on the ranting madness post on the Wraith Night message board ( http://www.dota2.com/frostivus2013/day2/[3] ), which many people thought looked like the markings on Anti-Mage's face ( http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Anti-Mage[4] ). Being a demon hunter and being similar to Anti-Mage are two features of Anti-Mage's brother, the thus-far unreleased Dota hero Terrorblade ( http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Terrorblade[5] ).
I theorize that there is an engine of some sort at Valve counting the number of hits on these Foulfell Shards for demons killed in-game, and when it reaches a certain number, Terrorblade will be released. To facilitate this, more people should be playing demonic characters - and be sure to have a Corrupted item with a Foulfell Shard equipped, so that it will count when you kill other demonic characters.
Complicated, arcane methods of unlocking heroes are no stranger to the Dota franchise. In the original Warcraft mod, many obscure actions had to be performed to unlock new heroes. I think this is happening again.

M.D

http://dotabuff.com/matches/462133248

I love people that play nice and then get cocky when they win lol

Got first blood mid, ganked a bunch around the map and killed Meepo a couple of times, but our team never got together for a push and Alch and Riki were just afk farming the entire game and letting Meepo do what he wants after a certain point

Meepo was playing nice then said fuck this team and calling CK useless cause he went mid against me, but then after our Alch who just killed him got disconnected and we paused (he never came back, was just before they won) said "You don't think this game is over? xD" and mocked our Bane for pausing the game

Hylian7

Apparently this is the 6.80 changelog

Some of it is ok, but most looks dodgy
Shadow Fiend
- Added Aghanim's Scepter: Maximum Soul cap is removed from Necromastery for 10/15/20 seconds after using Requiem of Souls

Obviously take, but if I understand this right, couldn't Dark Seer constantly stack the large Radiant camp by vacuuming it onto the rock every minute, SF blinks up there and ults it for 37493748273 souls? Would he keep them forever or will they be lost after the time?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
lol no

It may "work" but it will be like playing a FPS with the guitar from guitar hero

I managed to actually kill my friend a single time doing that in CoD.

Obviously take, but if I understand this right, couldn't Dark Seer constantly stack the large Radiant camp by vacuuming it onto the rock every minute, SF blinks up there and ults it for 37493748273 souls? Would he keep them forever or will they be lost after the time?

Don't put to much thought into the fake patch notes. And this is coming from the guy who over thinks every dumb thing.

n0b

My understanding of how that reads is you would have the extra souls for the 10/15/20 seconds, so you can get a big boost in damage for cleaning up a fight after a good Requiem. (You would get +24 damage per kill (kills give 12 souls) from a requiem for 20 seconds, meaning if you got every last hit in a fight you would have +96 damage when you're going after the last guy.)

Probably fake notes but it would be an interesting buff.

Far more ridiculous dumbness is 1000 aoe/1800 damage mana voids from an antimage popping a farmed od or something similar.

shira

Now that the workshop is in working order again I finally added my first submission for the event...

Bronze Ox Parade Helm

Love it. Idk if you have the bulls to do a celestine septum piercing, but is it possible as an alternate nose?

iqXlP0aw6meUy.jpg

I think that might really top it off.

DarkKyo

Love it. Idk if you have the bulls to do a celestine septum piercing, but is it possible as an alternate nose?

iqXlP0aw6meUy.jpg

I think that might really top it off.

Actually the nose ring Legion has is in her base model! I didn't add that. I'd love to add a nose ring like a bull's to her face but I had to strain as it is to get that helmet and her hair into the geometry budget >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom