• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

Climbing that solo MMR. First objective: get out of copper and get into forever platinum at 4350. Next is slaying Merlini once again. Then play with RTZ and then i can die in peace.

it's a system designed for 1v1 games. It doesn't translate to team games.

the community kept asking for a mmr system, and valve saw a decline in player activity so they spent 5 minutes putting together this piece of shit solution while they focus their efforts on hats or whatever brings in the most money these days (not semi competitive players)

How else do you do it? K/D? What if someone plays Support? Plus that encourages people to draw out games for kills, and encourages the other team to give up so they don't ruin their MMR by getting a bad K/D.

Well then we could include Wards placed to give Supports something to judge them by! But then people will just buy wards and place them anywhere to gain MMR!

The only MMR system that doesn't encourage people to try to exploit it is win based, after all nothing else matters in Dota if you win

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I can't tell if I just really suck with Invoker, or have bad luck. I'm just going to go with that I really suck with Invoker, and my Midas "rush" is likely just detrimental. At least I have a better idea of how to play Tinker, you just blind the enemy every wave like an ass so he can't last hit.

I'm certainly not a pro, but I have like an 85 or 90% winrate with Invoker and I've never bought a Midas on him. I have no doubt that it makes sense in the professional context, but in pub matches I'm pretty confident it'll be a detriment as often as not. Especially if it's not a hero you're super confident with anyway.

Personally I think you're better off quickly getting those cheap items and then moving on to your Aghs, being available for ganks and such.

rugioh

Banned
Guys, I keep having problems playing Kunkka.
After laning phase and after getting Phase + Shadowblade + Crystallis, I feel I drop off from the game so much. I should be doing loads of damage but I'm not, and I feel something is missing from my playstyle. I try to land boats + torrent + shadow blade and tidebringer, but I'm so squishy that if the enemy team uses dusts and focus on me I do shit.

If I try to farm to buy better items (Heart, AC, etc) I usually get ganked so hard it's not even funny.

I don't have problem farming with other heroes, but for some reason it goes absolutely horrid with Kunkka, every time.

The fuck am I doing wrong?

I think Kunkka just flat out sucks lategame if hes the only one with farm. If you don't have a carry on your team that is the target of focus then Kunkka just seems vulnerable once his initial combo goes on CD. Can't Manfight very well even with heart or AC. Shame too, My favorite cosmetic set in the game is on him but its so hard to win with him compared to TA/StormSpirit/Mirana lol.

iloled

Banned
how the fuck do i get out of 4700 trench.

Just got void refresher on my team, few games later mirana and eulls

how the fuck is 4700 high tier

Arkanius

I think Kunkka just flat out sucks lategame if hes the only one with farm. If you don't have a carry on your team that is the target of focus then Kunkka just seems vulnerable once his initial combo goes on CD. Can't Manfight very well even with heart or AC. Shame too, My favorite cosmetic set in the game is on him but its so hard to win with him compared to TA/StormSpirit/Mirana lol.

I see Kunkka more of a 2-3, hence why I go hardlane with him. But if I drop to a 3 in the farming priority, I feel I get useless as heck

manfestival

mirana and eulls

image.php

rugioh

Banned
I see Kunkka more of a 2-3, hence why I go hardlane with him. But if I drop to a 3 in the farming priority, I feel I get useless as heck

I take him mid so I can at least try to get some ganks rolling and help the sidelanes. I feel like if you're hardlane you won't get much out of him but thats just my opinion.

Razzer

Watching Pyrion's stream and his daughter turns up. The most adorable thing and him stressing out trying to concentrate and keep her happy is hilarious. I can't imagine trying to play with a child nearby.

Edit: And now Sing is streaming for the first time in a while, hooray!

iloled

Banned
Mirana euls is extremely good.

if you actually know how to use it. edit: fuck no

guy missed at least half of his eulls arrow.

I just played with the same guy and he picked earth spirit. and kept trying to pull a teammate out of a duel insisting that it will work.

Lost 5 in a row in since 4770. "high tier" my fucking ass

in b4 get good
in b4 get friends

edit
great now i just got a tiny who took a teammates bottle because he didnt get priority over courier

fuck this stupid game

i thought 4700 was a good mmr

if you actually know how to use it.

I just played with the same guy and he picked earth spirit. and kept trying to pull a teammate out of a duel insisting that it will work.

in b4 get good
in b4 get friends
Sounds like you've got a case of the mads, relax it's just a game.

if you actually know how to use it. edit: fuck no

in b4 get good
in b4 get friends

edit
great now i just got a tiny who took a teammates bottle because he didnt get priority over courier

fuck this stupid game

i thought 4700 was a good mmr

I'm on a losing streak, and I couldn't give less of a shit. Why care for some number is beyond me.

iloled

Banned
I'm on a losing streak, and I couldn't give less of a shit. Why care for some number is beyond me.
Unlike you, I have an actual goal. Just like how people do speedruns. Personally I don't give 2 fucks if anyone can complete ninja gaiden black within 1 hour or 10 seconds.

I'm typing this as we are getting destroyed due to tiny tossing me out.

Because what if they ask about it at a party. Or at a job interview.

i had a woman not sleep with me because my mmr was so low

feels bad man

Unlike you, I have an actual goal. Just like how people do speedruns. Personally I don't give 2 fucks if anyone can complete ninja gaiden black within 1 hour or 10 seconds.

I'm typing this as we are getting destroyed due to tiny tossing me out.
maybe you shouldnt stand next to him

ViviOggi

Eh, you don't really need meat shields if you position yourself correctly and get a BKB if absolutely necessary. When you're the 1/2 you definitely have to keep buying damage items though, Kunkka falls apart when he gets two or more defensive items in a row or can't keep up with the farm.

Razzer

I was defending towers.

and when we were losing he kept tossing me from the fountain.

thanks alot. I didn't know that at all.

They may be being sarcastic but in all seriousness it sounds like your goal is to increase your MMR right? If that is the case I'd suggest that you think about it in a more long-term way than that. Instead of thinking 'I lost my last 5 games because of these people now my MMR is going down dammit' you should think 'how can I play better next time'. It sounds so simple but if you get better then eventually you will just begin carrying the team through kicking and screaming more often and your MMR will go up. You are going to have those players no matter how high you go.

This game is damn hard to learn well..

I only ever seem to do Ok with Broodmother, because I can go sit in a lane and level up and make cash and sometimes wreck the other lone hero who comes in by swarming him with spider babys.
Granted Im like level 5 so Im sure the quality of player is pretty low (myself included)

Back in beta I had an ok time with Dragon knight and Alchemist but ive forgotten how ot play those well.

iloled

Banned
They may be being sarcastic but in all seriousness it sounds like your goal is to increase your MMR right? If that is the case I'd suggest that you think about it in a more long-term way than that. Instead of thinking 'I lost my last 5 games because of these people now my MMR is going down dammit' you should think 'how can I play better next time'. It sounds so simple but if you get better then eventually you will just begin carrying the team through kicking and screaming more often and your MMR will go up. You are going to have those players no matter how high you go.

I really am playing the best I am. I try the hardest in every ranked match I play.

Please teach me. http://dotabuff.com/matches/445515970

i really am fucking bad at this game. can't even escape the 4700 tier.

Dina

Finished my solo mmr matches. 4099 MMR. I don't know how to value this number, is there a percentile or compare feature somewhere?

queue uswest captains mode later at night if you're a real man

also no one knows your ingame name, what use is this link
Are you guys creating your very own CM mm pool, it's hilarious how often you play with each other, i'm convinced it's just you 6 queuing and some other 4 random dudes.

manfestival

I cant tell if singsing is ever serious when he shouts and rages. He always looks like hes laughing or happy. Its kinda funny

Haunted

400 games in and I didn't know TP scrolls auto-target the fountain when you double-tap them.

I blame you lot for never telling me.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
400 games in and I didn't know TP scrolls auto-target the fountain when you double-tap them.

I blame you lot for never telling me.

Hey....hey

If you double click your TP's hotkey it sends you back to the fountain.

Still haven't had the chance to play her yet, but I gotta say Legion Commander's visual design at least is really top-notch. Maybe the best hero they've done so far.

Alright real question: Anyone with a high MMR playing mostly the 4-5 role? Just wondering. I've watched a number of streamers with moderately high MMR's and they never really play anything but 1-3.

abunai

Now use it all the time and get yourself stuck in trees like me

Alright real question: Anyone with a high MMR playing mostly the 4-5 role? Just wondering. I've watched a number of streamers with moderately high MMR's and they never really play anything but 1-3.

You probably don't consider almost 4k high but I play 4-5 almost exclusively unless playing with my friends who suck

You probably don't consider almost 4k high but I play 4-5 almost exclusively unless playing with my friends who suck

oh okay cool. my general suspicion has been that those playing 1-3 more often will tend to have a higher MMR because those positions are the easiest to carry a game from. Not that 4 and 5 can't make the biggest plays...but 1-3 usually determine how a game will end, with the support of 4 and 5. All conjecture, hence the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom