• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a losing streak, and I couldn't give less of a shit. Why care for some number is beyond me.

Same here. My losing streak stretches across mmr and regular queue and I can care less where I get a win.

The early abandoned wins I've picked up are a tease and not that enjoyable.

abunai

oh okay cool. my general suspicion has been that those playing 1-3 more often will tend to have a higher MMR because those positions are the easiest to carry a game from. Not that 4 and 5 can't make the biggest plays...but 1-3 usually determine how a game will end, with the support of 4 and 5. All conjecture, hence the question.

The way I see the game (I'm bad so whatever) is that if the whole team is a band, the support player is equivalent to the drum player. Comparing it to a bed (bad analogy alert), drums for the frame, giving a solid foundation and then guitars etc being all the fancy sheets on top for the plaguuu. Once the foundation is set up (> 15min I guess), it's all about the sheets. I shouldn't drink and post.

The way I see the game (I'm bad so whatever) is that if the whole team is a band, the support player is equivalent to the drum player. Comparing it to a bed (bad analogy alert), drums for the frame, giving a solid foundation and then guitars etc being all the fancy sheets on top for the plaguuu. Once the foundation is set up (> 15min I guess), it's all about the sheets. I shouldn't drink and post.

<3

Alright real question: Anyone with a high MMR playing mostly the 4-5 role? Just wondering. I've watched a number of streamers with moderately high MMR's and they never really play anything but 1-3.
I play super hard support all the time. It's easier to climb the ladder playing mid, but playing hard support won't stop you from getting a high mmr.

Oh and i'll try to search for cm when I see you guys searching, and get in on this unofficial ihl fun.

I play super hard support all the time. It's easier to climb the ladder playing mid, but playing hard support won't stop you from getting a high mmr.

Yea that's the vibe I've been getting. The snowballing potential at mid can decide a game more decisively than any other position. Not that other positions can't do the same...but mid is a special position that way.

fiore

Banned
So I noticed the 400% booster is being sold until January 3rd. If I bought it now, and I was not able to use all of it by January 3rd, will it disappear after that?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know what makes me more sad, that Lycan pushed in all our towers at 25 minutes, or that he beat puck mid with no starting items. Am I just underestimating lycan in a 1v1?

Yea that's the vibe I've been getting. The snowballing potential at mid can decide a game more decisively than any other position. Not that other positions can't do the same...but mid is a special position that way.

League had the same problem. If you were good at playing snow ball heroes and played mid and ganked successfully a lot you could climb the ladder. Didn't mean you (the royal you) were a good team player or anything.

I think its sort of an inherent problem of all DotA type games. Teamwork and communication will win out all things being equal, but if things aren't equal then its just a matter of who snow balls the hardest.

Tell me you guy saw Sing rage quit then dump his friends. The salt was so real.

edit: good, at least one of you did. It's some kinda salt that makes a man get up from his computer and go make a sandwich in the middle of a match.

League had the same problem. If you were good at playing snow ball heroes and played mid and ganked successfully a lot you could climb the ladder. Didn't mean you (the royal you) were a good team player or anything.

I think its sort of an inherent problem of all DotA type games. Teamwork and communication will win out all things being equal, but if things aren't equal then its just a matter of who snow balls the hardest.

It's still like that in League. Wanna go from the bottom to the top in a week? Keep picking top snowballers. You still have to have the skill to play them of course, but some positions are just straight up easier to carry from than others.

manfestival

Stream Sniper's are a bitch huh.

Edit: Yeah him leaving his friends was funny as hell.
Stream sniper is someone dual screening and playing the game while watching their opponent?

edit: good, at least one of you did. It's some kinda salt that makes a man get up from his computer and go make a sandwich in the middle of a match.
Yeah I saw the whole thing. Funny and sad at the same time. PJSalt

Enemy Bloodseeker first pick? GG WE LOST

It was so glorious. I've never seen sing get so salty on stream before

now hes pub stomping as a solo mid wisp lolol

Vaporak

I think playing Mid well can result in more stomps than any other position while pubbing. But I think playing a carry that can fight early like Lifestealer, Luna, Gyro, etc, gives you more options for winning than playing anything else. It's not about how hard you can win, but how often.

G.ZZZ

Woohoo i'm at +100 again. Time to climb back to +110 and get back my skillz. Platinum tier is already in my reach with just 1 more game. Next step: slay gafstack on USE.

EDIT: fantastic, the 500 ping server, had to abandon again. This shit is making me leave so many games lately, i've had like 2 in my first 2000 games and now i'm at 21. Valve servers gg.

Gliffyr

400 games in and I didn't know TP scrolls auto-target the fountain when you double-tap them.

I blame you lot for never telling me.
After TPing directly into an enemy when I was aiming for the fountain a couple of times (one of which probably played a large part in losing the game) I had to look up if there was a keybind that could be set for the fountain.

Felt really bad to learn how simple the solution actually was, but all those clutch 30~ health TPs that wouldn't work if performed but a split-second later feel so good.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
400 games in and I didn't know TP scrolls auto-target the fountain when you double-tap them.

I blame you lot for never telling me.

Now you get to know the joy of accidentally double tapping while in the fountain and watching as your scroll goes up in smoke and you're forced to sheepishly walk back to lane

I think playing Mid well can result in more stomps than any other position while pubbing. But I think playing a carry that can fight early like Lifestealer, Luna, Gyro, etc, gives you more options for winning than playing anything else. It's not about how hard you can win, but how often.

Oh for sure. Playing heroes who can snow ball but aren't super item dependent early tends to be effective at lower mmr. You can't expect your teammates to let you farm as AM for 40 minutes.

docbon

Woohoo i'm at +100 again. Time to climb back to +110 and get back my skillz. Platinum tier is already in my reach with just 1 more game. Next step: slay gafstack on USE.

EDIT: fantastic, the 500 ping server, had to abandon again. This shit is making me leave so many games lately, i've had like 2 in my first 2000 games and now i'm at 21. Valve servers gg.

Had multiple games back to back yesterday where the ping was bad enough that people were disconnecting repeatedly. Servers are definitely in the poorest condition since I first started playing. 8(

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

We all soloq on USW

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GAFStack scared of G.ZZZ confirmed.

Razzer

Some guy has 75,000 viewers on twitch right now. Guessing he's a lol streamer playing Dota for some reason? Weird seeing someone outside tournament streams get that for Dota.

Haunted

Professional league player streaming Dota 2?

I don't even want to imagine what's going on in that twitch chat right now.

manfestival

Some guy has 75,000 viewers on twitch right now. Guessing he's a lol streamer playing Dota for some reason? Weird seeing someone outside tournament streams get that for Dota.

Someone in shanes stream pointed that out which made me go wut cause singsing got really high but 16k =/ 77k

also starladder gets up to 28k from what I've seen

The twitch chat is a ton of dota 2 trash talking

also interesting cause didn't riot have that forced LOL only statement for twitch and streaming?

Razzer

Ok supposedly someone hacked the league servers and is messaging this streamer. Not sure of the implications but it also seems like they can maybe do the same to Dota if they are being truthful. Or something.

Edit: Here we go

docbon

Ok supposedly someone hacked the league servers and is messaging this streamer. Not sure of the implications but it also seems like they can maybe do the same to Dota if they are being truthful. Or something.

Edit: Here we go

And just like that, the dota 2 game lagged out when they started losing.

Twitch should just ban this guy for encouraging these people.

The guy is essentially just giving them free advertising for their ddos program they're trying to get ready to distribute.

Granted he's getting tons of viewers and subscribers though...

Also his facial hair is punishment enough for him. Woof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom