• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have an Item idea vs this Necro rushing Rat Doto stuff (like in one DK vs IG Game today).

The item works basically like a Necro Book, but lets call it Angel Book.

Summons 2 Angels.

Angel 1 (Melee):
Level 1: Heals you for a small amount of Health every X seconds.
Level 2: Heals you for a medium amount of Health every X seconds.
Level 3: Heals you for a medium amount of Health every X seconds, also works on buildings.

If killed grants Heal in a 500 AoE radius for all players and your team.

Angel 2 (Ranged):
Level 1: Grants +1 Armor Aura
Level 2: Grants +2 Armor Aura and 5% Magic Resistance
Level 3: Grants +3 Armor Aura and 7% Magic Resistance

The Basic damage and Health of the Angels is lower than that of the Necro book Units.
Dunno, balance stuff is hard. But it is more about the basic Idea of the item so you can counter Rat Doto more efficient and can negate the Prophet chip damage on your towers a bit.

Price should be somewhat around Necro. You can't have both items simultanously.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, this.. This is what I hate about pro games.. It's kind of a pain in the ass to track them down, especially with English commentary.
It's super easy if you actually buy the ticket, you just gotta wait a day and do some digging if you want it on twitch

Unrelated, but it seems my vote yesterday is what allowed sonic racing to get best racing game of the year. Fuck yeah democracy GodBlessAmerica.jpg

Dec

Kuroky and 7ckingmad were fine. Others not so much.

I also don't really give a fuck. I seriously doubt they actually want to be interviewed, comes with this whole esports shit.

shira

I think these guys really need to start giving proper interviews; at least in "professional" LAN settings.

The trolling thing has long lost its charm. They all just end up looking/sounding like gauche clowns.

I also don't really give a fuck. I seriously doubt they actually want to be interviewed, comes with this whole esports shit.
They have progressed light years from a few years ago.
http://youtu.be/2YhdvaeJOuk

Satch

Banned
I can't huskarr for shit because he's antithetical to the way I play this game. I'm a coward GAF pls teach me

i played him once and i dont know how people do it. my health gets low enough and i just start panicking and want to leave the fight

alsoooo i played ember spirit for the first time since his release yesterday and i take back all the bad things i said about him. i was totally missing the point. i played him purely like a ganker and not like a hard carry and that worked out so much better.

im sorry imba spirit ill never say mean things about you ever again

Dec

I like how Starladder has stuck with the schedule.

People have been complaining about the Navi chanting? They are in Ukraine, the same shit happens in all sports.

Demoli

Surprise, S4 is first blood mid again.

I am yet to see that guy not get ganked or first blooded in the first few minutes of the match.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like how Starladder has stuck with the schedule.

People have been complaining about the Navi chanting? They are in Ukraine, the same shit happens in all sports.
Navi gets cheers no matter where they play, they are just the most popular team in the west.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit navi stomped alliance very impressive, also how come alliance has a 1 to 0 advantage going in ? i think thats bullshit they should start from 0.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It's super easy if you actually buy the ticket, you just gotta wait a day and do some digging if you want it on twitch

Unrelated, but it seems my vote yesterday is what allowed sonic racing to get best racing game of the year. Fuck yeah democracy GodBlessAmerica.jpg

This is how it's designed, which makes sense to me. Tickets increase prize pools, so it makes sense to want to encourage people to buy them.

holy shit navi stomped alliance very impressive, also how come alliance has a 1 to 0 advantage going in ? i think thats bullshit they should start from 0.

Probably because Na'Vi came from the loser's bracket.

Because Navi went through the losers bracket to get to the finals.

[Tinfoil hat on] Maybe Na'Vi planned it this way. Perform terrible in the winner's bracket, then win the loser's bracket so they can face Alliance in the finals. Otherwise they would be facing Alliance in the semi's.

kvk1

The DK and ET picks were very suspect.

Though I think Alliance got a little blindsided by the SS pick.

I don't think Dendi played that in competition in a good while.

Nymerio

But it would improve the quality of these events a lot if the players know how give these interviews.

Alliance vs. Na'Vi games are my favs to watch, though not so much if they're that stompy. Hopefully Alliance can get their shit together.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the winner bracket advantage. Loser still has the tougher road having to play more matches and it makes it anti-climactic for viewers. Just give the winner bracket choice of first pick/side on the first game.

Demoli

I don't think the DK pick was suspect, he offers great lockdown during fights and is insanely tanky. Imo, it was picking two supports with no stuns whatsoever, apart from maybe chen creeps.

I also dont know what happened to Loda, he had pretty much free farm and luna was outfarming him even after he got a very early tower.

Nymerio

Winner bracket advantage is bullshit. The team getting through loosers bracket has earned the spot and shouldn't be at a disadvantage.

Dec

i see i still think they should start from zero, i think thats how ti3 handled it.

It kind of has to be done I think. Alliance has gone undefeated in the playoffs, if Navi starts even with them, there is no advantage to Alliance doing so well, and no disadvantage for Navi doing so poorly day 1. It's a little strange in this situation as this is the first time these teams have played each other in the playoffs and if the intention is to determine the strongest team, it would make the most sense to start even.

Edit: Good points above. Navi had to play an extra set to get to the finale, and choice of sides is probably all the advantage the winners bracket team should get on top of that.

woodland

Yeah I'm not a fan of the winner bracket advantage. Loser still has the tougher road having to play more matches and it makes it anti-climactic for viewers. Just give the winner bracket choice of first pick/side on the first game.

Seriously ;\ Extended series/winner's advantage by having a full game is way too much. Ideally there'd be nothing, but I could settle with a coin flip or just awarding the winner first pick/side.

Ideally it should continue to be double elim and Na'vi needs to beat Alliance in 2 Bo3s and Alliance need to beat Na'vi in 1. That's fair.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
i see i still think they should start from zero, i think thats how ti3 handled it.

Uhm, the only fair thing would be to have Navi win two sets, as that is how it's usually handled. One game advantage is a fair compromise though since otherwise it could end up being a total of TEN games.

BigAT

Ideally it should continue to be double elim and Na'vi needs to beat Alliance in 2 Bo3s and Alliance need to beat Na'vi in 1. That's fair.

Exactly. I don't know why every tournament decides to suddenly throw out the format when the grand finals hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom