• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

The last game of an era in about an hour
20140118081621a0doqcmfr6lejvmf.jpg

20140118081713a0doqcnab6kk420t.jpg

http://www.joindota.com/en/live/jDRed
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

I only try to upvote or GAFpost things I genuinely like, not what is popular. But I get how that front page is what 99.9% of people what see.

Live!

This Dark Seer head is far from popular. I just liked it a lot

How did you know it existed though? I usually go through all the new posts as opposed to the front page.

Chris R

Wow, Jakiro and Medusa kept that Alch fed.
Don't worry, I'll join you in the sub-1k shit tier once I am able to play ranked.
I just need to pay more attention to my entire team so I know the feeding is happening and then setup a gank or rotate or something.

Razzer

Turns out my MMR is 3193. Not displeased with that. Here's to gradual improvement, hopefully anyway. I won 5 lost 5 of my placement matches so I probably have the same MMR as before them roughly.

Thai

Bane was better.
I need to vent GAF....lord help me.

Just played a game with a Clinkz that was doing really well at the beginning but as soon as the enemy team got dust...

I would keep telling him "they have dust" and he would stalk them even when they were grouped together (all 5). I'd tell him to back, they have dust, back, etc. but he would again and again stalk them and follow them around hoping to pick one off. Obviously what happens? they kill him...over and over. I've never been so frustrated at a game of dota....

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
So does anyone know what percentages relate to what rating?
I've heard 5k is like pro level. What about 1000? 2? 3?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Below 2k is super scummy level. 3000 is supposed to be the average, but it likey skews higher in ranked. 4k up is pretty good, 5k up is where must pro player are.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Someone needs to make a site that lets you look at all the cosmetics in a model viewer and create sets, then have it link to the items on the store/market.

shira

Someone needs to make a site that lets you look at all the cosmetics in a model viewer and create sets, then have it link to the items on the store/market.

Some of the bigger traders have done this 3rd party imaging with legacy couriers just for reference purposes, but yeah that's definitely the next step. If Cyborgmatt can do it every week, why not let everyone do it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Some of the bigger traders have done this 3rd party imaging with legacy couriers just for reference purposes, but yeah that's definitely the next step. If Cyborgmatt can do it every week, why not let everyone do it.

There was already and online model viewer, so it can be done, get on it Matt and I want a cut of any profits.

Kard8p3

GAF, my friend Travdood is streaming, and at some point tonight he'll be giving away the LC arcana :) will post the link to his twitch when he is, thought someone here might like a chance to get it for free.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Decided I'm not gonna attempt ranked until I complete an A-Z challenge.
I guess I'm moving up in normal mmr because people are warding now. Still gotta fight my own supports for last hits tho.

shira

img.jpg

Pre-game show live!
http://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en

Semifinals: #5 Navi vs #10 Sigma b03
Grandfinals: winner vs #7 Alliance b05 (1 game advantage)

1st $62k
2nd $31k
3rd $19k
Fnatic $12k

Decided I'm not gonna attempt ranked until I complete an A-Z challenge.
I guess I'm moving up in normal mmr because people are warding now. Still gotta fight my own supports for last hits tho.

IDK how many matches you play a week, but it takes about 2-3 months for some people. You are looking at 100+ wins and let's say 200 games.
http://i.imgur.com/1oKO1ib.jpg
Wouldn't you be better served playing like 20 games of supports in a row/20 games of carries in a row or something?
Dota's about roles and team compatibility - if your team is 5 carries or 5 supports you are fucking your own team by your arbitrary design.

I once lost 11 games in a row. Took a break from the game after that :)

You can tell when the rebound matchmaking occurs because all of a sudden you have rapiers and rax at 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom