• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Not what I mean. I mean while you are playing, being able to move the camera somewhere and hit (some key) + 1 and then you hit 1 and the camera jumps to that spot. I know this was a thing in StarCraft.
You could probably do that with an alias and the dota_camera_getpos + dota_camera_setpos commands.

kami_sama

I'm new to the game and want to play some matches with humans (already played with bots), but is there any way to do it and not get chewed by everyone? Or is automatching good enough?

Renoir

Impossible I assume.
You can add a couple of us. And we won't get on you unless you really Fuck up.

Steam:Itsuno

ViviOggi

I'm new to the game and want to play some matches with humans (already played with bots), but is there any way to do it and not get chewed by everyone? Or is automatching good enough?

It'll take a while until matchmaking has enough data to reliably put you where you belong, but when you start out everyone will suck ass no matter what. There will be flaming, just keep in mind that they're not better than you are - if they were they'd be playing at a higher MMR - and make liberal use of the mute button.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Matchmaking is fine. Everybody on both teams is going to suck at Dota. Mute assholes. Have fun!

I am also pretty new. steam Watsonjohnwatson[gaf] it will be fun dying together.

So is HyHy officially retired? I've read that he reformed Scythe.sg a couple of months ago but then now I'm reading that it was never the case.

Meteorain

Of all 3 players HyHy was the most interesting/touching story, Fear was probably the weakest.

Nah. I like Fear's too. Dat struggle, dat lack of a further figure, dat mother admiration. It's like an American movie about living your dreams!

1vLlvBQ.png

Of all 3 players HyHy was the most interesting/touching story, Fear was probably the weakest.

Fear's story is the exact reason why there is a lacking presence of Americans in e-sports in general. The country that consumes the most of this form of entertainment is hardly seen in competitions is baffling.

Calidor

apparently there is some sort of exploit that allows crashing the game server to disconnect everyone and not record losses...

Last night we were dominating and 3 players of my team and 1 of theirs were disconnecting continuously at the exact same time... so frustrating!

Low Tier
everyone loves dendis sister cuz its dendi with boobs

if she didnt look so much like her brother people would just be like 'o its just a ukrainian girl'

Meteorain

Just finished the Dota movie. It was surprisingly good.

everyone loves dendis sister cuz its dendi with boobs

if she didnt look so much like her brother people would just be like 'o its just a ukrainian girl'

1vLlvBQ.png

Lovers from all nations.

ksan

I thought all stories were good, but for me personally fear's was the best, especially knowing his history and what he's doing right now.
Maybe it's out of respect as well, after all, some of the first pro dota replays I ever watched were coL vs tpd/jmc, and that's nearly ten years ago. You don't see many other players from that time playing anymore.

shira

Fear's story is the exact reason why there is a lacking presence of Americans in e-sports in general. The country that consumes the most of this form of entertainment is hardly seen in competitions is baffling.
Wut???? China, Korea, Russia have wayyyyyyyyy more money and fans
just a Ukrainian girl

dude Ukrainian girls are all attractive
Isn't she a stripper or something. Didn't dondo posted her poledance thing

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am talking about gaming as a whole. The U.S population spends tons of money on gaming yet Americans are rarely seen on the top of the sports.
I think the nation being so large and spread out hurts us a lot, we have a bunch of good players, but it can be hard for them to come together and be a good team.

also the toxicity of NADota, which a lot of the better US players are part of, causes unneeded drama and makes it hard for players to really come together

Meteorain

Moonmeander is such a little bitch.

Dunno why I'm even watching his stream.

Edit: KingRaven is even more of a bitch Loooool

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Go get help milk.

Are you a robot?
Pic of Milk:
rattletrap_vert.jpg

I identified with hyhy's story the most because, while my parents were much milder than the quintessential tiger mom(s) you saw in hyhy's segments, I knew a lot of asian kids who were under the same pressure from their families. Most of them had bad relationships with their parents, so I could understand indirectly hyhy's feelings. Also he just wanted to get back together with his waifu.

That said, I feel like Dendi's is the better story (from tragedy to champion) overall, which is a stroke of luck on Valve's part. In the end, Fear has the most of my pity and support because he's been working so hard. Dendi regularly sees success and hyhy has also done well in the LoL scene, but Fear is still waiting to be vindicated.

I will be rooting for Fear in TI4, even if my favored team is still Alliance.

Meteorain

Go get help milk.

Pic of Milk:
rattletrap_vert.jpg

I identified with hyhy's story the most because, while my parents were much milder than the quintessential tiger mom(s) you saw in hyhy's segments, I knew a lot of asian kids who were under the same pressure from their families. Most of them had bad relationships with their parents, so I could understand indirectly hyhy's feelings. Also he just wanted to get back together with his waifu.

That said, I feel like Dendi's is the better story (from tragedy to champion) overall, which is a stroke of luck on Valve's part. In the end, Fear has the most of my pity and support because he's been working so hard. Dendi regularly sees success and hyhy has also done well in the LoL scene, but Fear is still waiting to be vindicated.

I will be rooting for Fear in TI4, even if my favored team is still Alliance.

I knew Milk wasn't black.

I liked all of the stories, thought it was well done without trying to be over dramatic. It was funny how the interviewer got HyHy to go back to lamenting his ex. I too would like to see Fear win T4,

Top Bottom