• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

When I heard that Navi barely speak to each other during games, I didn't believe it at first. They are just so coordinated, but I guess its just down to the fact that they are 5 of the most instinctive team-fighters in the entire scene. They have such amazing chemistry, even with no words spoken, always on the same wavelength.

Its the difference between them and C9 here. When Dendi blinks in, Puppey and Kuro will be there within a second even if he gave no warning. Soooooo Good.

It helps that they've been playing together for years

Razzer

Well, hvost was able to keep up with farm despite the pressure...

Killstreaks helped a lot with that. He ended Aui's unstoppable streak, and a couple of killing sprees as well I believe. Also, whilst Kuro and puppey were getting there asses pounded in he rotated between the two medium camps and large camp a lot. Once the T1 tower went down C9 lifted a lot of the pressure on the lane and he could farm more confidently.

Still impressive though.

Acinixys

When I heard that Navi barely speak to each other during games, I didn't believe it at first. They are just so coordinated, but I guess its just down to the fact that they are 5 of the most instinctive team-fighters in the entire scene. They have such amazing chemistry, even with no words spoken, always on the same wavelength.

Its the difference between them and C9 here. When Dendi blinks in, Puppey and Kuro will be there within a second even if he gave no warning. Soooooo Good.

Plus NaVi have been together for almost 4 years

KingKong

Hvost is too restless to just farm and farm, he wants to fight, sometimes he wants to fight too much so he does a (4) but usually its worth it

Plus NaVi have been together for almost 4 years

3 out of the 5 yes, but Kuroky and Funn1k have not. I've always found it odd that people point to Na'Vi having a stable roster but they've had significant turnover almost every year since DOTA2's inception. This year is the first time their roster hasn't seen any change.

Yep. I was gonna mention that, guess I forgot. Though it was remarkable how fast Funnik and Kuro integrated when they joined, though that was over a year now too I think.

Edit: Should also be mentioned Puppey is arguably the best drafter in the scene.

I always wondered how they communicate so well. They seem to speak a mixture of Russian and English in the games, with Puppey making calls mostly in English, from what you can gather from this video. I really hope they do this team chat thing for TI4 as well.

Acinixys

3 out of the 5 yes, but Kuroky and Funn1k have not. I've always found it odd that people point to Na'Vi having a stable roster but they've had significant turnover almost every year since DOTA2's inception. This year is the first time their roster hasn't seen any change.

But dendi/puppey/xboct have been the cores for a long time

Over a year at least

Razzer

It should be mentioned that EE was countered by Navi's play to an extent. C9 had very little anti-push, so they could ball down a lane behind doom, drop wards, and just push into C9. Naga can't rat towers very quickly, and the rest of the C9 lineup was not suitable for keeping Navi out of the base. He didn't have time to rat and was too squishy to fight. Outdrafted, in other words.

Geez, everyone is calling it EE-Dota, but I always thought that was how Black played the game.

I haven't seen Black play since he and Sing were on Mousesports. But I still remember him actually pushing when he had the space and being involved towards the mid-late game. Dude knows how to farm, tho fo sho.

Razzer

I always wondered how they communicate so well. They seem to speak a mixture of Russian and English in the games, with Puppey making calls mostly in English, from what you can gather from this video. I really hope they do this team chat thing for TI4 as well.

That's what I was mentioning, supposedly they don't talk anywhere near as much as other teams, it's just instinct and chemistry developed over the years.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
When it wins it's black dota.

When it loses...

Are you sure it ever actually won? AT TI2, Mouz went 2-14 in the prelem and got knocked out in the first round. At TI3, Mouz went 4-10 in the prelem and got knocked out in the first round. He then jumped ship to LGD.Int, which then disbanded 3 months later.

Razzer

Because you have a direct comparison of players where you realise that a player isn't as good as you hoped.

In the case of Sing, why did that game prompt such a response then? His lane went great (thanks to Aui but still), he hit numerous amazing arrows, and he didn't die needlessly at all throughout the game. He was just drafted a poor hero vs the Navi deathball (or rather the team was drafted poor heroes vs it). His single target stun and merely above average scaling wasn't his fault. You could argue that he should be able to play more heroes, but I'd retort that he can, but Pieliedie is refusing to be creative, which is why he picks the same heroes for every player on the team, not just Sing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I say get Pieliedie off the drafting chair and have someone else do it, they have just been off the mark for like a month now.

In the case of Sing, why did that game prompt such a response then? His lane went great (thanks to Aui but still), he hit numerous amazing arrows, and he didn't die needlessly at all throughout the game. He was just drafted a poor hero vs the Navi deathball (or rather the team was drafted poor heroes vs it). His single target stun and merely above average scaling wasn't his fault. You could argue that he should be able to play more heroes, but I'd retort that he can, but Pieliedie is refusing to be creative, which is why he picks the same heroes for every player on the team, not just Sing.

I've had my suspicions for a while, his mirana is really nice but his only successful hero at the minute was Ember.

Watching him getting a great hero like Puck and losing mid to RTZ's axe just cemented the fact he's not top tier.

shira

Hey guys 60-80% off dota items at thinkgeek, lots of stuff in stock too, fast fingers
bonus: from reddit "FIFTHOFF" use this code before paying gets you another 20% off the order
ibk2AQjvsx78Kl.png

http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/whereisit.cgi?t=dota

Luckboxes still going for $12-16 so you get most of your $$$ back in steam bux

Top Bottom