• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I dunno, you need some way to release tension, can't be super tryhard mode all the time. C9 have been scrimming a lot, and from reports by his current and former team-mates, Sing takes them super seriously. And other than mechanics there isn't much a pro at that level can learn from pubs.

Oh okay, I would love to be a proverbial fly on the wall during those sessions.

Raytow

I really need someone to play otherwise might end uninstalling the game, solo queue is fucking disgusting, if some euros want to stack let me know ray_tow in steam.

He's a good player, a bit overated in my opinion. But defenitely okay to be in a top team! To say that he is one of the best solo mids etc is really exageration, he played like 10 games in a high level LAN, you need way more to compare him to Dendi, s4 or FATA

I'll stop now, it seemed too appropriate to pass up.

Could be his demeanor but I've always gotten the impression that SingSing has the ability to be a great mid player but is just too undisciplined for organized play.

Draskyl with that new jargon: Hypercarry

I don't know what to think.

Pretty common League of Legends term coined for carries that can get so big that they can damn near 5v1 your team late game. Perhaps he's been splitting time.

Some Dota2 "hypercarries", for example, would be Luna, Gyro, Faceless Void, CK and Medusa.

edit: oh and Phantom Lancer, of course. basically illusion carries and carries that can hit multiple targets at once are Dota2's hypercarries.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
An optional queue, oh God where will the horror end! :p

There was enough backlash from people when AbilityDraft was added as an optional fun mode because it still counted towards w/l ratios.
Adding a WTF mode would just increase that. It's nice to have the modes to relax, but I think WTF mode would be excessive.

Plus every game would just ended up with blink daggers to fountain farming.

Einbroch

Banned
There was enough backlash from people when AbilityDraft was added as an optional fun mode because it still counted towards w/l ratios.
Adding a WTF mode would just increase that. It's nice to have the modes to relax, but I think WTF mode would be excessive.

Plus every game would just ended up with blink daggers to fountain farming.
People care about W/L ratio now that ranked is in place? That seems strange to me.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Dota people are hardcore even in normals. Scary.

So are people that play LoL, or HoN, or SC2, or CS, or CoD.

Competitive games bring out competitive people. Go figure.

ninja edit: I am not one of the people that is vocal about the W/L ratios, I just know that those people exist and would complain.

Einbroch

Banned
So are people that play LoL, or HoN, or SC2, or CS, or CoD.

Competitive games bring out competitive people. Go figure.

No one in League cares about their W/L in normals. They care about winning, sure, but their overall W/L in normals? Nah. But I guess they're just different communities. I think this likely has the do with the fact that Dota 2 didn't have ranked for such a long time so the normal W/L was all people had to show, not that that's a bad thing.

Top Bottom