• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So how do you play Treant in the late game? I played my first game with him yesterday and wrecked in the early game but we couldn't break base. I felt pretty impotent in the late game aside from blinking+overgrowth.

SamVimes

I see your point, but at an MMR riddled with disconnects and zero team play you don't have much other options.

Yes but the only constant in all of his games is himself, if he consistently plays better than the opposition (which he should if he plays semi-frequently) his MMR is gonna go up.

So how do you play Treant in the late game? I played my first game with him yesterday and wrecked in the early game but we couldn't break base. I felt pretty impotent in the late game aside from blinking+overgrowth.

Well, that is what you get with supports. You just get items that support the team.

shira

Rapier Ember is legit guys.
Tzs4W7P.jpg

6.81: the amount of hats you purchase directly correlates with how much RNG works in your favor.

3rd world country MMR
organic-traffic-drop.jpg

Boken

Banned
After I started playing dota, a friend of mine asked me if I knew LoL, and then gave me some basics about it. But for a reason I can't tell, I never wanted to try it.
personally, if your complaint is having foreigners and leavers, i think you should play the game where you have friends to play with

otherwise i recommend avoiding allpick because other modes have less foreigners
Don't listen to boken he's just a filthy casual.
eat casual dust inkls

Hylian7

Yes but the only constant in all of his game is himself, if he consistently plays better than the opposition (which he should if he plays semi-frequently) his MMR is gonna go up.
Like I said I agree, but a lot of things you would apply normally in your games won't do anything if your team won't use them.

For instance let's say you buy a Smoke and say "Let's go gank their Terrorblade in their jungle", and then you end up the only one going because the rest of your team decided to play Farmville 2014. That isn't to say you should never Smoke in the trench, but it is so much less effective if your team does nothing with it.

All pick is probably the worse

usually you have a good understanding of the game in general around 1k hours, but yeah, game has alot of stuff to learn.

If you like assassin/ganking playstyle

Keep in mind supports in dota aren't all healers,

apart from steam id, what timezone are you in?

That's why I decided to go captain's. At least there are some picks which match each other.

I just play to have fun, I don't care being a pro or anything, so I didn't spend a single minute to read guys. I just pick builds InGame and get some of the items and try which others would fit better.

After playing dota for 100hrs, I learnt that I enjoy being a support which can get mad too is more fun for me. Like Bane or Darkseer. But also enjoy WD, Dazzle and CM

GMT +1

I know you are new, so you are probably aware that 750 MMR is really low. However it is also really easy to climb out of singlehandedly.

I am going to guess that low MMR is also a place where Riki is considered OP. Pick him, Bounty Hunter, Clinkz or another invis hero.

Edit: Can you share your Dota stats and post you dotabuff? I want to point out wonky item and skill choices your opponents have made so you know what you can take advantage of in the future.

I don't know much about MMR and all that, but I achieved lvl 17 in less than 3 months (stopped playing for 1 month cause of school, so more like less than 2 months). And I recognized needed EXP doesn't go over 1000 per lvl, so in my thoughts everyone under lvl 20 is a complete newbie to this game, and everyone under lvl 40 isn't anything but a from-time-to-time player.

Funny thing is, till 3 weeks ago I really was like "omg riki is OP being invisible". But I don't like this hero any longer, since I find it too easy with heros like drow/sniper/riki.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what exactly is dotabuff? And what do you mean by sharing my stats? How many win-loss I got?

Hylian7

That's why I decided to go captain's. At least there are some picks which match each other.

I just play to have fun, I don't care being a pro or anything, so I didn't spend a single minute to read guys. I just pick builds InGame and get some of the items and try which others would fit better.

After playing dota for 100hrs, I learnt that I enjoy being a support which can get mad too is more fun for me. Like Bane or Darkseer. But also enjoy WD, Dazzle and CM

GMT +1

I don't know much about MMR and all that, but I achieved lvl 17 in less than 3 months (stopped playing for 1 month cause of school, so more like less than 2 months). And I recognized needed EXP doesn't go over 1000 per lvl, so in my thoughts everyone under lvl 20 is a complete newbie to this game, and everyone under lvl 40 isn't anything but a from-time-to-time player.

That level system really means nothing experience wise as it is only there for getting hats.

To do the Dotabuff thing, go to options in Dota 2, under "Game" there should be an option that says something like "Allow sharing of stats". Turn that on, and after that go to dotabuff.com and enter your Steam display name. That will pull up a profile that should be you. Link that profile here.

manfestival

I've to say im fairly new to dota, better said MOBAs at all. But there is something I'm curious about.

For the last month (playing since January this year), no matter if I choose ranked or normal matches, I end up playing with Spanish-, Russian-, Whatever-speaking people even though I chose English as preferred language. Is this normal?

Cause it's annoying as hell when I don' understand a single word what my team is typing. And then there comes the point when they'll just click at me like mad, and I see colorful blinking everywhere around me, which then ends in a "lashdfbkasd report >InsertHeroHere<

one word, "peruvians"

also I totally wish my work was more conducive to playing dota 2. However, I am stuck playing games like warface, hearthstone, and diablo 3

Quesa

btw webms don't seem to work on mobile devices. Tried default and chrome browsers and they don't want to play along. #adreamdeferrred

inkls

eat casual dust inkls

Implying I'm behind you scrub.

For sure, I'm just mentionning SD because its also a fun gamemode to play.

That will change fast. The issue with dota-like games in general is that there's alot of things to learn about the game. So the more you learn, the more you spot nooby mistakes, the higher the chances of you getting mad because of a teammate's mistakes.

The better you'll get, the more likely you are to rage.

nvm then, too much time difference, doubt I could help you in-game.

Funny thing is, till 3 weeks ago I really was like "omg riki is OP being invisible". But I don't like this hero any longer, since I find it too easy with heros like drow/sniper/riki.

Profile lvl means nothing. The heroes you named are generally considered pubstompers because invisibility is usually very good against pubs because people don't buy the items to counter them (pub sniper and drow will commonly buy shadowblade).

Razzer

Played my first game against reals peoples for a while, went 21-3 as Slark. So nice to have a good support in my lane. He did the real work, bought sentries for the weaver, set up easy pounces for me, etc. All I had to do was sit back and wait for him to set up shit. And then once I got a ridiculously fast basher and Skadi it was ez. Nice and relaxing.

For sure, I'm just mentionning SD because its also a fun gamemode to play.

That will change fast. The issue with dota-like games in general is that there's alot of things to learn about the game. So the more you learn, the more you spot nooby mistakes, the higher the chances of you getting mad because of a teammate's mistakes.

The better you'll get, the more likely you are to rage.

nvm then, too much time difference, doubt I could help you in-game.

Profile lvl means nothing. The heroes you named are generally considered pubstompers because invisibility is usually very good against pubs because people don't buy the items to counter them (pub sniper and drow will commonly buy shadowblade).

Never tried SD, should do that.

Yep already learnt that. When I started I didn't understand why people were mad at me dieing at minute 3 and never bought a tp. Now I can't understand why people RUN from bot to top, which then results in loosing a lane. instead of paying the 135gold

Hylian7

Never tried SD, should do that.

Yep already learnt that. When I started I didn't understand why people were mad at me dieing at minute 3 and never bought a tp. Now I can't understand why people RUN from bot to top, which then results in loosing a lane. instead of paying the 135gold
You buy TPs regularly, so you are already ahead of the curve.

Speaking of TI4.

We should do a group dinner one of those nights. Like on Friday or Saturday night when we can be sure everyone is in town, and not at a particularly expensive restaurant so that nobody feels stressed about that aspect. Especially since not everyone will be able to sit together.

edit: actually, i'll just quote notail to summarize my post

http://dotabuff.com/matches/217517958

in a nutshell. Pub game with support Drow, Riki rushing Dagon...

...quickly became a, "fuck it, let's have some fun" game. Other team was fucking furious by the end. It was a laser fireworks show.

Wok

A friend of mine is level 11 (almost 12). What is the best booster to buy to get him to level 13?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Speaking of TI4.

We should do a group dinner one of those nights. Like on Friday or Saturday night when we can be sure everyone is in town, and not at a particularly expensive restaurant so that nobody feels stressed about that aspect. Especially since not everyone will be able to sit together.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/217517958

in a nutshell. Pub game with support Drow, Riki rushing Dagon...

...quickly became a, "fuck it, let's have some fun" game. Other team was fucking furious by the end. It was a laser fireworks show.

Mmmm...warm butter

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How many bit coins did it cost?

I might try some ranked for the first time today.

About 1 Bit Coin

But really, $425. Not the best travail, but its within my budget at least, and its sort of expected going from Florida to Seattle. The hours sort of suck though, I wouldn't get into Seattle until about 10PM, and have to leave at Noon on Tuesday. At least I get Wifi on my flight to Seattle.

About 1 Bit Coin

But really, $425. Not the best travail, but its within my budget at least, and its sort of expected going from Florida to Seattle. The hours sort of suck though, I wouldn't get into Seattle until about 10PM, and have to leave at Noon on Tuesday. At least I get Wifi on my flight to Seattle.
Does it say included or available?

You'll probably get to pay to use the wifi :p

DarkKyo

I already responded to Anuxi in PM but I just wanted to say it in this thread again, thanks so much for the raffle and the amazing set! I never win anything in raffles so this is super exciting...

Ketch

I already responded to Anuxi in PM but I just wanted to say it in this thread again, thanks so much for the raffle and the amazing set! I never win anything in raffles so this is super exciting...

Gratz dude. That's such a sick set, good work anuxi.

He buys when he needs it, most of the times when people are calling him for not building bkb they're wrong.

Well said.

I only bother to mention EE because I don't think he's getting fair recognition.

Edit: Anyone have any idea when we can get some new team pennants in the shop? Would love to show some support for Cloud 9, Empire and most importantly, Virtus Pro.

Top Bottom