• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I didn't realize I knew so little about joysticks until I listened to SingSong's stream.

Dr. Buni

Man, playing this game with people that don't speak the same language as you fucking sucks >_>

I had the worst experience playing with some Spanish-speaking people a few minutes ago (I speak Portuguese, yet I couldn't tell what the hell they were talking about).

I even tried to communicate with them in English, but they ignored my messages. :|

It doesn't help I picked a hero that I am not very familiar with... And I didn't play very well...

Oh well, I learned the lesson, never try to find a match when 99% of the people where you like are likely sleeping.

Cassius

Hey guys 60-80% off dota items at thinkgeek, lots of stuff in stock too, fast fingers
bonus: from reddit "FIFTHOFF" use this code before paying gets you another 20% off the order
ibk2AQjvsx78Kl.png

http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/whereisit.cgi?t=dota

Luckboxes still going for $12-16 so you get most of your $$$ back in steam bux

Bought a bunch of stuff, thanks man. Looking forward to seeing how the polos look and feel.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
FACE
Hylian7
Randdalfinkls
SamVimes
mfaex
Ketch
Ikuu
Vade
Nymerio
BigAT
Dreams-Visions
Demoli
manfestival
Emerson
Drkirby
Prophet Steve
Ape_Agape
Vamlock
Divvy
Raytow
Razzer
BeesEight
Baha
Duran
bbd23
spk
DexterPepper
H3xum
Mohasus
arab
Anbokr
Kade
shira
ink4n3
Gully State
Artanisix
chiym1992
Sliver
TyrantGuardian
spiritfox
demented
Sgt.Pepper
H13
Freakinchair
elyetis
Acinixys
Calidor
DarkKyo
Kreunt
ViviOggi
Roy G. Biv
dave is ok
TUSR
Granadier
Captain Fish
Haly
rhfb
havokex
M.D
Gexecuter
Bo
Conceptor
xanavi
Procarbine
Kioshen
Green Biker Dude
Pratfall
sixghost
Taborcarn
Gav47
LiQuid!
NSQuote
Madouu
Zephyx
Hazaro

THATS A LOT OF PEOPLE GEEBUS! 76 to be exact! Thank god for google excel, counting that shit would gave me a headache.

CONGRATS NUMBER 48 : DarkKyo
80ykX.png

Man I miscalculated 4 times. this is the final edit

shira

THATS A LOT OF PEOPLE GEEBUS! 76 to be exact! Thank god for google excel, counting that shit would gave me a headache.

CONGRATS NUMBER 48 : DarkKyo
80ykX.png

Man I miscalculated 4 times. this is the final edit
Lucky ducky. Anuxi senpai n-nnoticed you.
Already tweeted to him about cannot shipping to Malaysia
no reply D:
oh well T.T
Don't give up make a reddit thread. If it gets front page hell notice it
Use /u/cyborgmatt so it messages him
Tweet danidem, anuxi, tvdotto and include cyborgmatt. They are all pretty chill, a retweet from one of them and Matt will def see it.
Email him from his webpage

Say you are from gaf, idk that's what I would do.

H13

Lucky ducky. Anuxi senpai n-nnoticed you.

Don't give up make a reddit thread. If it gets front page hell notice it
Use /u/cyborgmatt so it messages him
Tweet danidem, anuxi, tvdotto and include cyborgmatt. They are all pretty chill, a retweet from one of them and Matt will def see it.
Email him from his webpage

Say you are from gaf, idk that's what I would do.

thanks man, for all the suggestion :D
will try to do it after my exam tomorrow haha

bounchfx

How come Red Moon is not making official TI4 t-shirts? You guys have all those crazy concepts and art just lying around

we've actually talked about it! gotta find a way to just print like... three, haha. I'd like to make it happen but who knows

Already tweeted to him about cannot shipping to Malaysia
no reply D:
oh well T.T
Sorry been snowed under.

Hmm I could of sworn I saw some people say they had already purchased it from Malaysia. Feel free to PM me a more specific area and I can enquire about it.

mfaex

Fortunately we don't have to log into steam to watch dota and complain about dota, true. But around 4 people here play dota, so those guys be cautious.

I've to say im fairly new to dota, better said MOBAs at all. But there is something I'm curious about.

For the last month (playing since January this year), no matter if I choose ranked or normal matches, I end up playing with Spanish-, Russian-, Whatever-speaking people even though I chose English as preferred language. Is this normal?

Cause it's annoying as hell when I don' understand a single word what my team is typing. And then there comes the point when they'll just click at me like mad, and I see colorful blinking everywhere around me, which then ends in a "lashdfbkasd report >InsertHeroHere<

mfaex

I've to say im fairly new to dota, better said MOBAs at all. But there is something I'm curious about.

For the last month (playing since January this year), no matter if I choose ranked or normal matches, I end up playing with Spanish-, Russian-, Whatever-speaking people even though I chose English as preferred language. Is this normal?

Cause it's annoying as hell when I don' understand a single word what my team is typing. And then there comes the point when they'll just click at me like mad, and I see colorful blinking everywhere around me, which then ends in a "lashdfbkasd report >InsertHeroHere<

It's normal. Many people queue with all/most languages selected to shorten their wait.

Boken

Banned

have you given league of legends a try?

Yes, this is very normal, everyone gets it. It seems to have lessened a bit the higher my ranking became. It is one of the reasons the community is considered very toxic.

wow, 3 answers at the same times, awesome

It's normal. Many people queue with all/most languages selected to shorten their wait.
Would've never thought about this, since I never had to wait longer than 1 minute. Most of the time 10-30 sec.

have you given league of legends a try?
After I started playing dota, a friend of mine asked me if I knew LoL, and then gave me some basics about it. But for a reason I can't tell, I never wanted to try it.

Yes, this is very normal, everyone gets it. It seems to have lessened a bit the higher my ranking became. It is one of the reasons the community is considered very toxic.

Well, no hopes for me then, since I'm stuck at 750MMR with gaining as much as I loose in the next match x)

Nirvana

Nice try, Thacker.

wow, 3 answers at the same times, awesome

Would've never thought about this, since I never had to wait longer than 1 minute. Most of the time 10-30 sec.

After I started playing dota, a friend of mine asked me if I knew LoL, and then gave me some basics about it. But for a reason I can't tell, I never wanted to try it.

Well, no hopes for me then, since I'm stuck at 750MMR with gaining as much as I loose in the next match x)

You probably just need to get better. You will get crappy teammates a lot of times, but if you get better your ranking should increase, you can try to play with friends or maybe ask someone to coach. Or watch somebody else play.

750 MMR is pretty low (sorry, no offense), so there is still a whole lot of room for improvement.

inkls

Yep its normal sadly. I've found that with time you either grow a though hide or you just figure out when the biggest influx happens and not play ranked during those periods.

The wait increases when your mmr does.

Don't listen to boken he's just a filthy casual.

Don't play ranked if you're new to the genre. Play unranked to get some experience. Single draft is probably the most enjoyable game mode because you can generally avoid annoying heroes or lane combos that you don't have enough experience with dealing with. It also makes you try out a variety of heroes.

Quick questions: steam id? Timezone? Is your profile viewable on dotabuff (non-private setting in dota 2)?

Try and play with people so you don't run into that. Join a few guilds or chats or whatever and ask to party up. As long as you say you're new most people will give you tips and stuff and not be a dick as they know what they're getting into :p

In the mean time the mute button is your friend.

Nice try, Thacker.
Would you mind telling me what that means? haha
750 MMR is pretty low (sorry, no offense), so there is still a whole lot of room for improvement.
I'm don't feel offended :)
As I said I'm new to all this MOBA games, never played anything where you needed strategy.

I got diff. MMO experience (5 years) but that doesn't really help, since every match is different compared to a MMO where you have 8-12 diff. enemies who all got the same Items)
Also, I started at 9xx MMR when I played first time ranked, and it would still be around that number if my team didn't disconnect like every 2nd game/some1 being afk at lvl 3 when others are at their 10s/stuf like that. Most of the time, after a win comes a loss which is followed by another win, and so on
Don't play ranked if you're new to the genre. Play unranked to get some experience. Single draft is probably the most enjoyable game mode because you can generally avoid annoying heroes or lane combos that you don't have enough experience with dealing with. It also makes you try out a variety of heroes.

Quick questions: steam id? Timezone? Is your profile viewable on dotabuff (non-private setting in dota 2)?

Stopped playing ranked anyways. When I stared playing in january, I always played AllPick. After ~150hours of playing I went for captain's mode/draft and that was where I got the most experience for this game (also it's where i bit the grass the most at beginning).

I'm at ~270hours of playing Dota2 now. Still consider myself as newbie, to be honest. I for sure know 60% of all heroes, their skills and what items to get best, but I learn new things every day. Also, in MMOs, I used to be that assassin/hunter-dmg-dealer and laughed at supports. Now I enjoy being a support/semi-support alot.

Will add my Steam ID as soon as I can log back into steam

inkls

Stopped playing ranked anyways. When I stared playing in january, I always played AllPick. After ~150hours of playing I went for captain's mode/draft and that was where I got the most experience for this game (also it's where i bit the grass the most at beginning).

I'm at ~270hours of playing Dota2 now. Still consider myself as newbie, to be honest. I for sure know 60% of all heroes, their skills and what items to get best, but I learn new things every day. Also, in MMOs, I used to be that assassin/hunter-dmg-dealer and laughed at supports. Now I enjoy being a support/semi-support alot.

Will add my Steam ID as soon as I can log back into steam

All pick is probably the worse because you'll see the the same common picks so it doesn't help learn how to deal with other heroes, it does help learning how to play when your team is 4-5 carries.

usually you have a good understanding of the game in general around 1k hours, but yeah, game has alot of stuff to learn.

If you like assassin/ganking playstyle you'll probably be interested in heroes like Clinkz, slark, bounty hunter, Nightstalker and Lion to name a few.

Keep in mind supports in dota aren't all healers, tanks, buff/debuff kind of characters and some are supports in the same way artillery is considered support irl.

apart from steam id, what timezone are you in?

BeesEight

Man, playing this game with people that don't speak the same language as you fucking sucks >_>

I had the worst experience playing with some Spanish-speaking people a few minutes ago (I speak Portuguese, yet I couldn't tell what the hell they were talking about).

I even tried to communicate with them in English, but they ignored my messages. :|

It doesn't help I picked a hero that I am not very familiar with... And I didn't play very well...

Oh well, I learned the lesson, never try to find a match when 99% of the people where you like are likely sleeping.

I know it's part of the problem but when I come across a very chatty foreign group (because they're inevitably in a group) I just speak something else as well. It can be an incredible stress reliever to just call the whiny Spanish speakers potatoes in German whenever they get ping/blame heavy.

Hylian7

I know you are new, so you are probably aware that 750 MMR is really low. However it is also really easy to climb out of singlehandedly.

Pick a mid or other high impact hero. I am going to guess that low MMR is also a place where Riki is considered OP. Pick him, Bounty Hunter, Clinkz or another invis hero. In the off chance they do actually buy Dust, remember that if you go Diffusal Blade, you can use it on yourself to purge the dust off. That isn't saying you should get Diffusal on every invis hero, just ones that really benefit from it like Riki or Phantom Lancer. Now it could be a situational pickup on other heroes too, for instance against a Warlock you can use it on his golem and instantly kill it.

A couple of other heroes that will wreck in that low MMR are Slark (invis not revealed by detection, debatably OP even on a high level!) or Mirana (Global invis for your whole team? Gg end quickly)

Edit: Can you share your Dota stats and post you dotabuff? I want to point out wonky item and skill choices your opponents have made so you know what you can take advantage of in the future.

SamVimes

Using "tricks" to climb is pointless, it just puts you at an mmr you don't deserve and doesn't teach you how to play dota.

Just play and have fun, maybe read some guides.

Hylian7

Using "tricks" to climb is pointless, it just puts you at an mmr you don't deserve and doesn't teach you how to play dota.

Just play and have fun, maybe read some guides.
I see your point, but at an MMR riddled with disconnects and zero team play you don't have much other options.

7 hot tricks to increase your mmr today!

5 strategies THEY don't want you to know about.

They did WHAT to win their games?!?!

Can hats actually make you better?

Top Bottom