• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

It looks good. Some people might bother you to put Aeon of Strife somewhere in between SC and WC3, or you could put Dota, then Dota Allstars, but only real nerds (neogaf) would probably care that much about it.

Yeah I was gonna put it in like 2 columns with the aeon leading to dota and next to the starcraft and warcraft but it was ugly and who gives a shit its not the point of this picture.

Demoli

What method do you folks use to keep track of upcoming matches? I always tend to miss them live.

JoinDota is pretty reliable, I use that for most of it. D2Lounge if for some reason i can't access jD.

Just had another stressful game, Naga radiance is seriously some of the most straight up bullshit in this game, we managed to hold on their pushes for 20mins straight while emebr was trying to get his battlefuries.

What would be the actual point of a MOBA megathread? I don't see it, but maybe that's just me.

I think it could be an interesting place to discuss the many views and changes that are happening in an exploding genre.

I mean just the passive team gold in Balls vs normal gold accumulation in most games can be an interesting conversation from a gameplay design angle.

it will be another pissing match where its lol vs dota vs who knows what

but i can try

if it goes to hell it goes to hell oh well

Aeon of Strife

Herzog Zwei is really under appreciated. Afaik it's the first RTS game where you directly controlled only one unit and has some mechanics of a prototypal moba game.
I should add Zwei and also airmech off of it. I might as well do Aeon too just so people don't nitpick at it.

shira

guys i committed a sin yesterday

109 and i fountain camped a team with a stacked ember spirit and a divine rapier sniper

i'm sorry

dunna matter is ded game is ded
ixwSle3InZTW.png

But I for one welcome our new Peruvian Overlord masters of Dota2.

shira

4lchemist is back - lol he has the 4lliance set on.

isn't fear supposed to be back by now? why is mason still playing for EG?

I wonder if a certain person's brother can let us know if his bro applied for a Ukranian visa.
image.php

Starladder is on Friday and if he is dodging a Navi game, he might not be ready.

shit quality or red flashes

and then he pauses right at the creep block rofl

I like talking about Moba's/ARTS/DOTA Clones in general, and I'm open to trying every new one that comes out. It could provide a nice resource for people who are looking into getting into the genre, looking for recommendations, tips. So long as it is a neutral environment where facts are presented, and it is moderated, I could see it working. I've heard the league thread is pretty aggressive (something like a resignation letter being posted), and sometimes people stumble in here when there's a throwdown going on, so they could be deterred from playing Dota 2.

If anything it's interesting to debate the difference between the games, so long as it doesn't boil down to one liners and snarky remarks.

Plus Hon players need a place to recruit newcomers bcuz their community thread died.
f yea

Haunted

N0tail is easily the most unlikeable professional player I know. I walked into a pub stream of his once and was appalled, he's your average Twitch chat personified. I now find myself rooting against Fnatic whenever they play, even if the other team members might be swell guys.
dat meepo tho

What would be the actual point of a MOBA megathread? I don't see it, but maybe that's just me.

I like talking about Moba's/ARTS/DOTA Clones in general, and I'm open to trying every new one that comes out. It could provide a nice resource for people who are looking into getting into the genre, looking for recommendations, tips. So long as it is a neutral environment where facts are presented, and it is moderated, I could see it working. I've heard the league thread is pretty aggressive (something like a resignation letter being posted), and sometimes people stumble in here when there's a throwdown going on, so they could be deterred from playing Dota 2.

If anything it's interesting to debate the difference between the games, so long as it doesn't boil down to one liners and snarky remarks.

Plus Hon players need a place to recruit newcomers bcuz their community thread died.

Jex

I think it's pretty clear that whatever machine their streaming the game from it's not strong enough. Earlier they had made the (correct) decision to apparently sacrifice quality for framerate. Now they've cranked the quality up and lost framerate.

Randdalf

Do they switch servers between games?

Well, I think in the past in some series each team gets to have a game on a server of their choice? I remember it being a thing in the Kaipi vs Na`Vi BO5 in the finals of the Defense.

edit: I think they're playing these on Luxembourg though.

Top Bottom