• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I think you guys are over-analyzing this.

that's what happens after a match though. you analyze player actions.

rtz was obviously raging based on his plays.
farming creeps in dire jungle with no backup/tp
going into lane at t2 and trying to farm
then spamming 'GG' and 'WELL pLYAWEDS' after getting lassoed for over extending.

it will be interesting to see if they can get their cool back for RoX

rac

Banned

Did you see navi's wards in the radiant jungle? The dire jungle was way more safe, but farming creeps next to the T2 was incredibly stupid.
He did have a tp though, just couldn't use it when fighting a batrider.

SamVimes

that's what happens after a match though. you analyze player actions.

rtz was obviously raging based on his plays.
going into lane at t2 and trying to farm

then spamming 'GG' and 'WELL pLYAWEDS' after getting lassoed for over extending.

it will be interesting to see if they can get their cool back for RoX

When you're losing so hard you have to make risky plays, often they're not flashy things like buying a rapier or getting a rosh but just farming more offensively.

That said maybe he was raging, but there's a whole lot of reasons to make plays that the general audience would consider stupid.

Karakand

quick preview

anyone have any suggestions off of that?

other than it's super fucking huge for some reason

I haven't played HoN or Strife that long, but I don't feel like Strife really has anything in common with HoN besides S2's amazingly bad character design or being developed by S2. It's very much a descendent of League imo (I haven't played League that long either).

I play too many MOBAs... -_-

Really was, I think S4 needs a couple more games on Invoker. There were some consistently missed sunstrikes as well as some wonky ice walls.

Empire just coordinate so well.

Ketch

I'm 5 games into my solo ranked adventure. 3/2 so far, and i haven't been feeding! However, I'm asking for helps. Anybody want to look at this match and give me some pointers. I know why we lost already (meepo picker, and our Sha sha and troll went like 1/10 each)... I'm just looking for pointers on how to improve my game. Right now my goals are: 1. don't die, and 2. get last hits.... what should my 3rd goal be?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/609027737

I'm 5 games into my solo ranked adventure. 3/2 so far, and i haven't been feeding! However, I'm asking for helps. Anybody want to look at this match and give me some pointers. I know why we lost already (meepo picker, and our Sha sha and troll went like 1/10 each)... I'm just looking for pointers on how to improve my game. Right now my goals are: 1. don't die, and 2. get last hits.... what should my 3rd goal be?

I'm off to the shops to get some chocolate mousse and a Ka grape drink.

I will watch and let you know once I've had a chance.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

3. Putting the pressure on Meepo so he can't get farmed.

edit: although that would be difficult in that game because of your Troll Warlord and SS.

When you said meepo picker I expected him to be on your team :p

Your third goal would be to play your role probably. You were a mirana so you could probably do anything. What did your team need? Pushing, ganking, carrying, supporting she can do it all. You probably needed more support, or gank in that game. It's tough because... well team game they might not have taken advantage of what you were offering them, and yeah it looks like some of them fed so...

You could have just stayed with the sniper as he seemed to be doing okay and help him gank the shit out of everyone and have him dominate for you.

ksan

Really was, I think S4 needs a couple more games on Invoker. There were some consistently missed sunstrikes as well as some wonky ice walls.

Empire just coordinate so well.

That's why I think resolution is the best mid right now, he's fucking great in practically all ways you could play mid, s4 ain't that fantastic on carry mids.

Obviously arteezy is up there as well, but he plays farming mids way more often than reso.

Kalnos

Banned

Lots of missed oppourtunity for harassing meepo/cm in the lane. You guys had a nasty SS/Mirana lane but only real got aggressive one time with your ult.

Really, I would just be more aggressive. Particularly if you take arrow first.

Razzer

thats so expensive

but i will try
Stack ancients and ask supports to stack jungle camps. If you max march first then as soon as you get travels you can power farm. Watch Rtz vods to see how he does it efficiently. It's easier on radiant.

M.D

guys heres a way to win 90% of your pub games

step 1 - pick a carry

step 2 - hope the entire team doesn't pick a carry as well

step 3 - hope your team doesn't feed

step 4 - at some point when the 2 teams for no reason whatsoever sit at a tower dancing around each other for 10 minutes, go around the map and farm, come back with all the items you need ggwp

thats so expensive

but i will try

we need to party soon. ez wins.

Speaking of. That empty feeling when you win 35-2. Ugh. When the other team isn't at least semi-competitive, you really feel like you're wasting time. It's just an empty win. Not much to learn from it.

I watched the first five minutes.

You missed a couple of last hits which you missed, that's just practice with playing with different heroes and learning the rhythm.

I will say I think you need to abuse your leap a lot more. You should have been all over CM/Meepo, harassing as much as you can get away with. The creep was mostly pushed up so you should have been ok to do so. CM had tangoes, which means she regen isn't as instant than if she had a salve. She q'ed a couple of times and you were very passive when she did, bum her.

When you got your basilius, your creep was on their tower, you should have checked if CM had pulled. You would seen their creep was in the hard camp, might have been able to get some more last hits/xp.

When Tusk rolled on you, I think I would have saved leap after it connected.

All in all, I think you could have been more aggressive. Need to practice last hitting, especially under the tower.

Ketch

Thanks for the replys guys. Really appreciate it. Seems like mostly I need to win my lane harder by being more aggressive... And or just be more aggressive in general.

So this is super noob, but how do you deal with creep aggro while harrassing? I know your supposed to position so that the enemy creep is closer to your creeps then they are to you. But I feel like I always draw aggro anyway... Which makes the lane push or results in me tanking creeps while trying to harass like an asshole.

How about some harassing 101?

I will be more aggressive in my next game, and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

dunna matter is ded game is ded
http://i.minus.com/ixwSle3InZTW.png

But I for one welcome our new Peruvian Overlord masters of Dota2.
Problem?

ph3V2Ro.png

Thanks for the replys guys. Really appreciate it. Seems like mostly I need to win my lane harder by being more aggressive... And or just be more aggressive in general.

So this is super noob, but how do you deal with creep aggro while harrassing? I know your supposed to position so that the enemy creep is closer to your creeps then they are to you. But I feel like I always draw aggro anyway... Which makes the lane push or results in me tanking creeps while trying to harass like an asshole.

How about some harassing 101?

I will be more aggressive in my next game, and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I always draw aggro.

Just be conscious of the wave, if they have one or two creeps against 3 or 4 of yours, time to harass.

If they're greedy, sweep the leg.

Remember, Mirana's arrow goes through your creeps, so a greedy farmer can be punished.

If you're range against melee, harass them as they go for the last hit. Perfect opportunity to do so.

Top Bottom