• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

what order do i get the items in for tinker

usually, it's going to look like:

Bottle --> Boots --> Soul Ring --> Travels*

as your sub-14 minute items. Ideally you'll have those between 8 - 12 minutes.

After that, it depends on the enemy comp, but:

Dagon/Sheep --> Sheep/Dagon --> EBlade

your last slot is really whatever you want it to be. If you want to hit everyone with rockets, you can get a Scepter, but Shiva's is popular as well and is a good selection. Helps with the mana costs and the active is really good in team fights and is spammable with Rearm.

*if you're ancient farming for your early game items instead of laning, it's going to look like:

Soul Ring --> Boots --> Travels --> Bottle

Also, outside of the Travels, there is no real rule to playing Tinker. Buy what you feel comfortable with. Having 5 active items + 4 active skills can be stressful if you don't play a lot of Tinker. But the above is probably what most would recommend if you want to single-handedly win a match.

Razzer

In addition, there is a small window after enemy creeps de-aggro from you where you will not draw aggro from them even if right next to them. Use this whenever you can to get an extra shot in. I don't remember how long the window was though.

Renoir

gnCwvDD.png

Undying the truth??

Apparently EE is going to be standing in for EG at Kiev.

Evil Geniuses ‏@EvilGeniuses 13m
Jacky "EternaLEnVy" Mao will stand in for EG's @FearDotA at the StarLadder Finals this week to allow for more time for Fear's arm to heal.

sixghost

usually, it's going to look like:

Bottle --> Boots --> Soul Ring --> Travels*

as your sub-14 minute items. Ideally you'll have those between 8 - 12 minutes.

After that, it depends on the enemy comp, but:

Dagon/Sheep --> Sheep/Dagon --> EBlade

your last slot is really whatever you want it to be. If you want to hit everyone with rockets, you can get a Scepter, but Shiva's is popular as well and is a good selection. Helps with the mana costs and the active is really good in team fights and is spammable with Rearm.

*if you're ancient farming for your early game items instead of laning, it's going to look like:

Soul Ring --> Boots --> Travels --> Bottle

Also, outside of the Travels, there is no real rule to playing Tinker. Buy what you feel comfortable with. Having 5 active items + 4 active skills can be stressful if you don't play a lot of Tinker. But the above is probably what most would recommend if you want to single-handedly win a match.

Did you forget to mention blink/force, or do you not like it on him?

KevinRo

Thanks for the replys guys. Really appreciate it. Seems like mostly I need to win my lane harder by being more aggressive... And or just be more aggressive in general.

So this is super noob, but how do you deal with creep aggro while harrassing? I know your supposed to position so that the enemy creep is closer to your creeps then they are to you. But I feel like I always draw aggro anyway... Which makes the lane push or results in me tanking creeps while trying to harass like an asshole.

How about some harassing 101?

I will be more aggressive in my next game, and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Click the enemy hero outside the creep agro range. It'll activate their agro counter for a few seconds giving you enough time to harass without drawing agro.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Thanks for the replys guys. Really appreciate it. Seems like mostly I need to win my lane harder by being more aggressive... And or just be more aggressive in general.

So this is super noob, but how do you deal with creep aggro while harrassing? I know your supposed to position so that the enemy creep is closer to your creeps then they are to you. But I feel like I always draw aggro anyway... Which makes the lane push or results in me tanking creeps while trying to harass like an asshole.

How about some harassing 101?

I will be more aggressive in my next game, and I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Become a god

http://dotastrategies.tumblr.com/post/60044683358/dota2-early-game-harassing
http://dotastrategies.tumblr.com/post/60720972694/dota2-early-game-zoning-slightly-image-gif-heavy

Everytime I attack out of aggro then right click a hero for free I feel so pro.

Just played my first game of dota and won! Played Wraith King, went 3-5 but I felt like I was somewhat useful to my team holding the bottom lane. That resurrect ability is real scary though, I felt it gave me way more responsibility than I could reasonable handle, considering I could just as easily die twice because I suck.

Einbroch

Banned
The hell?

Did Mason not want to travel?

He has school and I also know for a fact that he does not have a passport. Also he lives three hours from the closest office and would require an appointment to get his passport. When I got mine, they needed six days and I needed to take out an entire weekday to get it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just played my first game of dota and won! Played Wraith King, went 3-5 but I felt like I was somewhat useful to my team holding the bottom lane. That resurrect ability is real scary though, I felt it gave me way more responsibility than I could reasonable handle, considering I could just as easily die twice because I suck.

That's great.

In my first game of dota I went something like 1-16 and my teammates told me to leave.

That's great.

In my first game of dota I went something like 1-16 and my teammates told me to leave.

Sounds about right.

I just checked my early matches on Dotabuff and for some reason I used to build Desolator on everything. I must have really liked the sight of shooting red lasors.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Top left: Bakemonogatari
Bottom left: No clue (it's Elfen Lied according to my sources)
Middle: Clannad
Right: Sword Art Online

He has school and I also know for a fact that he does not have a passport. Also he lives three hours from the closest office and would require an appointment to get his passport. When I got mine, they needed six days and I needed to take out an entire weekday to get it.

screw school i wanna go to a nation in the middle of a revolution to play computer games

Hylian7

I know my first game was in November 2011 on Drow.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/210133

I knew I lost and fed horribly, but I had no idea how I somehow had more farm than the Weaver that was only 2/5/3 when I was 0/11/7. I did out CS him, but not by much.

I think I went mid, but I can't remember for sure.

Top Bottom