• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

FACE

Banned
Surprised that Ember wasn't picked nor banned so far.

Edit: Well, they did pick a Spirit, just not the one I was expecting.

Question re; WK's ult. If they scaled it to be like Weaver's Time Lapse, where it takes no mana at level 16, would it make the hero OP? It's a change I'd love to see but I'm not sure how balanced it would be.

Hylian7

Question re; WK's ult. If they scaled it to be like Weaver's Time Lapse, where it takes no mana at level 16, would it make the hero OP? It's a change I'd love to see but I'm not sure how balanced it would be.
It absolutely would as you are guaranteed two lives. Now if you make that maybe an Aghanim bonus, that might be okay. I would kind of like to see an AS upgrade for him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
60 second Guaranteed revive would likely be OP, right now Mana burn is a very viable counter to Wraith King

Right now he's in pub stomper territory already and the ult being too good is to blame, I fear what that would do.

Hylian7

It was looking pretty grim when your team had both CK and Earth Spirit, two of the heroes with the lowest win % in pubs.

Still, there are ways you could have improved your chances of winning marginally, especially during the first 20 minutes of the game. In the laning phase, you weren't able to deny drow rangers farm mid. One way of doing it would have been to exploit the advantages your good creep block at the start of the game gave you. If you denied a little bit more (as soon as it was possible on your melee creeps), you would probably have been able to keep the creepwave on your cliff for the first 80 to 90 seconds of the game, letting you zone out the drow ranger when she comes close to last hit and give you a gold/xp advantage for the rest of the laning phase. Instead you pushed the lane, and she did a good job of last hitting at her tower which let her have a 2 cs and 6 denies lead over you at 5 minutes and hit 6 before you, a lead that will just keep on getting bigger and bigger. Still, you had enough gold and xp to have a decent impact on the game when the laning phase ended. The first gank top was great, and you had 1300 gold at 8:30 with marchers, bottle & magic wand but then you started dying in very avoidable deaths. This is where you lost your chance to carry your teammates if you ask me. Instead of farming up your blink or your treads or whatever really you died at 8:30 chasing kills you shouldn't have been chasing and then a minute later in what was a good fight from you until you made the slight mistake of not porting to your orb. Result? 500 gold lost and 1 minute spent on the bench, not getting any xp or gold except for the trickle gold. The wasted tp bottom at 12 minutes put you back even more when you could have stayed mid and farmed up your blink.

So instead you get your blink at 17 minutes, after drow got her shadow blade and helm of the dominator, spectre her diffusal and almost at the same time SK finished his blink, and phoenix his mek. If you were more efficient, you could've had your blink at least 5 minutes earlier with the start you had, before any of these items were finished on the opposite team and you could have made much more of an impact on the game from there.

In short, you need to farm better and more efficiently on puck and die less early on. You had all the tools to avoid those deaths. Maybe you would still have lost the game but it would have a been hell lot closer!

edit: By the way If you ask me, the mistakes I've noted above are much of a bigger deal than the missed coil at the end.

Also, I really do not want to dwell on this particular point but since puck is a hero I play a lot, I'm really curious to why you go for orb of venom on him?

Yeah, I realize I made those mistakes, but like you said it probably wasn't salvageable.

Regarding the OoV, I like it on Puck mainly because you have decent attack range and can harass effectively in lane by going right click > phase shift > repeat and not worry about creep aggro. It is basically like orb walking, sort of. I wouldn't have bought it had I known for sure I was against Drow, since she has a huge attack range and it is much harder to consistently get right clicks on her like that. It is great against melee and short attack ranges though.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Anyone know where I can find VoDs of the Na'vi EG series from yesterday? Or at least which channel on twitch it was on?

EDIT: NVM! Found it

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think we get the next balance patch until the end of May, I feel we will get some new heroes next week though. Or at least I want to believe.

surely we get a patch this week

I know I want 7 somewhat mediocre tournament sets that will never see the light of a game, never be in the drop system, and will be entirely forgotten after a week!

Seems like forever ago we got just normal, non-promotional, non-gimmick chest, non-ticket, regular old run of the mill sets on the store.

Also one more addition to the drop system and they will be out of new sets to add to the system unless they dip into the Radiant/Dire chests or the F2P Sets.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
balance patch right before starladder playoffs? next weeks seems like it would be better

I've never really gotten the impression that Valve pays much mind to how stuff affects tournaments aside from their own. They've certainly made plenty of patches and balance changes right in the middle of tournaments, even in the middle of active BO3/5 matches as far as I recall.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Isn't Valve on vacation?

That's what everybody said last week.

Looking at the patch history they did patches on April 19th in 2013 and 2012 and the 20th in 2011. So I'm still gonna hope for this week for an (actual) update.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I know I want 7 somewhat mediocre tournament sets that will never see the light of a game, never be in the drop system, and will be entirely forgotten after a week!

Seems like forever ago we got just normal, non-promotional, non-gimmick chest, non-ticket, regular old run of the mill sets on the store.

Also one more addition to the drop system and they will be out of new sets to add to the system unless they dip into the Radiant/Dire chests or the F2P Sets.

I think the free to play sets and the Shadow Flame set will end up in the drop pool.

I don't like this Maut caster.

Alliance trying to finish fast for time advantage, but they are ending up making it a long game.

Finishing fast doesn't even matter unless they lose. If they win, Dogma is just out, and it will all come down to Empire vs Alliance. In fact, if Dogma's win, Dogma is still out, because Empire beat Dog faster then this game is right now.

KingKong

time seems like a stupid timebreaker considering Sigma GGed vs Empire when they knew they couldnt win, they could have probably held on for another 5-10 minutes since they lost the fight at Empire's top T2 area

shira

Finishing fast doesn't even matter unless they lose. If they win, Dogma is just out, and it will all come down to Empire vs Alliance. In fact, if Dogma's win, Dogma is still out, because Empire beat Dog faster then this game is right now.

Sigma could hope that Alliance beats Empire in a really loooooong game

aeolist

Banned
time seems like a stupid timebreaker considering Sigma GGed vs Empire when they knew they couldnt win, they could have probably held on for another 5-10 minutes since they lost the fight at Empire's top T2 area

they knew it was based on time, they should have held on until the throne got destroyed

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I live in Chile but i think i'm done trying to solo queue in the south america region, i tried to go mid as a storm spirit but the ancient apparition went mid after i had called mid and basically the whole team called me noob so i said fuck it and i went bot with tusk vs a doom nyx. We got fucking destroyed in lane and things kinda snowballed from there, we lost, i certainly didn't play very well except some minor pickoffs but i never snowballed i think storm has to mid. Also my whole team was fucking bad man seriously.
So yeah i think i'll solo queue in the north american servers from now on.

Quesa

I live in Chile but i think i'm done trying to solo queue in the south america region, i tried to go mid as a storm spirit but the ancient apparition went mid after i had called mid and basically the whole team called me noob so i said fuck it and i went bot with tusk vs a doom nyx. We got fucking destroyed in lane and things kinda snowballed from there, we lost, i certainly didn't play very well except some minor pickoffs but i never snowballed i think storm has to mid. Also my whole team was fucking bad man seriously.
So yeah i think i'll solo queue in the north american servers from now on.
Reported by Thacker

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if Valve will be able to push out a patch for the ESL ticket before the games are played, or if we just have to wait till later tonight.

Top Bottom