• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

i didn't get to see any of these games, which ones were the best?

Alliance vs DK and Na'vi vs EG were the standouts.

Empire vs MVP was also good if you want to see a team that's not as good as another fight as hard as they can to stay in the game. It was pretty neat.

rac

Banned
Well turns out I've been running steam in vista compatibility mode for months. Anyone know why that shit would even happen?

Well turns out I've been running steam in vista compatibility mode for months. Anyone know why that shit would even happen?
I think I have mine in xp compatibility for years now. Some games need it to be marked that for them to even run.

No I don't know why.

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/614880851

The Luna in this game was adorable. Kept hanging back from fights, being generally slow and timid, despite the fact that the team as a whole was owning (me and WR crushed our lane and presumably so did TA). I was getting a little annoyed from where I died a couple of times when she ditched, so I was watching her, and noticed she was standing still a lot and only getting like 2 creeps per wave then running despite the rest of us seiging a T2 on the other side of the map and the enemy team visibly prepping to defend it. Her farm was pretty bad for someone left alone for 25 mins. Then when she did join in she stayed well back, which is evidenced from the lack of assists.

Toward the end I ask 'are you a stack?'

'yeah'

'I'm guessing the Luna is the new one, no offence, it's kinda cute.'

'yeah, haha'

'no probs, it's cool'

'thanks for being nice'

It was actually pretty funny seeing all the typical signs of someone who doesn't have the confidence from playing for a while. Moral of the story, everyone learns at some point, so don't get annoyed at that one guy on your team, being positive will always be more helpful. Preaching to the choir here I expect but thought I'd share.

His buddies were awesome though, making da plays, was cool to see on my team.

Madouu

A bit early today for those who want to catch up on the Starladder action.

04/17/2014 Vods

• Star Ladder Star Series Season 9 Lan Finals cast by LD & Merlini

Group A
    MVP Phoenix vs Empire
    0-1
    : Game 1
    Alliance vs DK
    0-1
    DK vs Empire
    1-0
    MVP Phoenix vs Alliance
    0-1

Group B
    Na`Vi vs EG
    0-1
    RoX.KIS vs IG
    0-1
    IG vs Na`Vi
    0-1
    EG vs Rox.KIS
    1-0

• The Inaugural cast by Zyori & GoDz

Group A
    Zephyr vs RRQ (bo3)
    1-2
    : Game 1 - Game 2 - Game 3
    Titan vs MiTH (bo3)
    2-0
    : Game 1 - Game 2 - Game 3

• ECL - Group B cast by WhatIsHip

Vici Gaming vs Tongfu
    1-0

• ESL One EU Qualifier - Group C cast by Capitalist & pimpmuckl

Fnatic vs NEXT.kz
    1-1
    : Game 1 - Game 2
    Fnatic vs PR
    2-0
    DuzaGaming vs PR
    1-1

Will edit in ESL One when/if they are available.

04/15/2014 VODs
04/16/2014 VODs

Acinixys

Pls Explain

Q on my local servers, get the worst teams in the world. Lose every game regardless of how well I do.

Get fed up and go play ranked on EU West with a 250 ping. Win 2 in a row in a dominating fashion. Glorious TP ganks and all that high MMR jazz

Go back to my own servers, 3 games in a row with total shitters. Safelane duo lane feeds an Ursa + CM lane 9 kills in 5 mins, Ursa then gets a 6 min rosh and 7 min Blink.

HwSAnNv.png

Time for Battlefield where I can actually have fun :(

Karakand

Microsoft Security Essentials has been intervening a lot (well twice) when I visit the Dota 2 Wiki.

Surely they can find something other than malware to advertise on that site?

manfestival

I just opened up my shirts now from thinkgeek and I got the reg dota 2 one and the dolfrat one. did anyone else get these? also is it me or is the collar a different color(morelike a discoloration than a different color entirely) on the dolfrat? should I complain to thinkgeek?

So who is getting a direct invitation to TI4?

Obviously [A]/Navi/DK are (and probably Empire) but I feel only one of C9 and EG will get a direct invitation. Probably C9 considering Fear's injury problems.

EDIT: Fnatic as well obviously. They're the most stable team and Anuxi loves them

shira

Obviously [A]/Navi/DK are (and probably Empire) but I feel only one of C9 and EG will get a direct invitation. Probably C9 considering Fear's injury problems.

I hope they take team stability as a major factor.

Obviously this is old.
No, liquid and LGD.
Mineski direct invite!

EG idk, fear can try to work through the pain and it can be a whole story in itself.
Man trades use of elbow for TI4 win

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

C9 is basically confirmed, and I think eg is a safe bet too. I think empire and fnatic are borderline and only one well get a dirrect invite. Also a his chance liquid will have to qualify, I could see valve give revenge a spot to have some SA representation

Top Bottom