• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Chris R

So now apparently, using Zeus's ult to deal damage is a douche bag thing to do? I got bitched at for KS, no ganks mid, no missing ect since my team was shit, but the "hey don't use your skill to deal damage" was a whole new thing to me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Isn't stealing Eclipse worthless since it only does the damage of your highest level of Lucent Beam?

A stolen eclipse will use the luna's level of Lucent Beam. Similar thing with SF's Ult and souls. What you are thinking is picking it up in ability draft.

Shinypogs

While I'm glad to see Alliance win I miss EGM's support naga :(
I don't want her to get nerfed so hard that he never gets to play her again.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
While I'm glad to see Alliance win I miss EGM's support naga :(
I don't want her to get nerfed so hard that he never gets to play her again.

She'll just go back to support, like she was before meracle/rtz.

Remember, this is the nerfed Naga from TI2.

Madouu

The movement and discipline from Alliance during the whole game was pretty impressive, it was like watching Atlético Madrid play.

Maybe Empire needed some more initiation/burst to pick off the supports during silencer's ult. SD maybe not the right pick here.

DK vs MVP Phoenix next.

Haly

Do you think shortening the duration of the mirror images would be enough of a nerf to naga as a carry?

No, not unless it was pretty severe, and that would interfere with her manta/diffusal buildpath, which is classic Naga. Unless Icefrog wants to fuck that up I doubt he'd nerf illusions.

Maybe nerf the damage on Riptide/Illusion-Riptide or tweak Sing.

Shinypogs

She'll just go back to support, like she was before meracle/rtz.

Remember, this is the nerfed Naga from TI2.

I only started watching during TI3, I have never seen the days of super old Naga, Lycan. Morphling who were apparently OP back in the day and have only recently recovered from whatever nerfs they received.

Btw is PL only viable with KotL and that's why we never see him now, because you can never get both of them through a draft?

I know when I started playing people fucking hated him and there was much grumbling about his appearances at TI3. I thought he was a sort of neat hero, not one I'd want to see every game but never seeing him again also seems sorta boring.

Sorry for all the rambling, I just have a hard time telling why certain heroes seem to wander in and out of popularity.

FACE

Banned
I only started watching during TI3, I have never seen the days of super old Naga, Lycan. Morphling who were apparently OP back in the day and have only recently recovered from whatever nerfs they received.

Btw is PL only viable with KotL and that's why we never see him now, because you can never get both of them through a draft?

I know when I started playing people fucking hated him and there was much grumbling about his appearances at TI3. I thought he was a sort of neat hero, not one I'd want to see every game but never seeing him again also seems sorta boring.

Sorry for all the rambling, I just have a hard time telling why certain heroes seem to wander in and out of popularity.

Alliance drafted the Cancer combo recently and they got stomped for their troubles.

Haly

Even PL/KOTL is not as viable as you think it is. It's a lame pub strat that gets occasionally gets play in competitive, but kind of fails because you have to kiss goodbye to two hero slots for a strategy that every pro-team worth their salt knows to counter.

Yeah, PL was kind of nuts then but the meta has shifted to early game and he can't keep up. The reason Naga works is because of superior farming and Sing. PL needs another hero, KOTL, just to keep up with Naga.

A small nerf goes a long way, and Icefrog understands this better than pretty much any other game balancer in the industry. Very rarely will he nerf someone to the ground unless they were broken in the first place (Brood remake, Earth Spirit), and those are usually mechanical problems rather than number problems.

Shinypogs

I can't believe I missed that, too much stuff to watch lately. I just like seeing a wide variety of heroes and the different ways it makes games play out. I know he was broken for a bit but teams played different when Elder Titan was a mainstay for a while and iceiceice's spirit breaker was just really neat to see.

I can't believe I missed that, too much stuff to watch lately. I just like seeing a wide variety of heroes and the different ways it makes games play out. I know he was broken for a bit but teams played different when Elder Titan was a mainstay for a while and iceiceice's spirit breaker was just really neat to see.
Elder titan actually had a bug where he did way more damage then he was supposed to.

That got fixed and his pickrate fell like a rock.

Shinypogs

Oh, I though the natural order + spirit combo was just strong, I didn't know he was bugged. I just remember watching gaf wreck the giant bomb crew with it and liquid beat alliance with it and then suddenly it was everywhere for a bit.

I think naga nerfs should first nerf her out of being a mid before hurting her late game too much. Drop base armour back to 3? Mana cost or cooldown on riptide I dunno I'm not a balancer but i think if shes forced safelane in order to be able to carry you can at least try to pressure or freefarm your own safelane in response.

Hylian7

It is difficult to win a game with Silencer and Bounty Hunter as your only two carries.

Edit: Silencer was a support. So basically, you played Pudge + Bounty Hunter vs a team with 3 carries and two supports (and a good synergy between Bloodseeker and Spectre).

Yeah, like I said, I knew how it was going to end from minute zero and I was pretty much spot on.

Wok

I have paid for a month of Dotabuff to see the changes. There are some cools stats. I am going to post some.

Wok

I have paid for a month of Dotabuff to see the changes. There are some cools stats. I am going to post some.

Heroes which I know how to counter:
HrjCUR5.jpg

or not:
etq7Dzw.jpg

Strangely, Doom appears to be my nemesis.

There are (a few) other stats, but I am not going to clutter the thread with them.

And finally, heroes which I have never played with:
pk6Qnyj.jpg

Top Bottom