• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Zeth

EE played very well. But yeah, I'd say positions 3 - 5 won the game. They put in serious work in every major TF and the initiation on Silencer outside their base - stunning him before he could bkb - just wow.

dmshaposv

I actually really feel bad for Alliance, their comeback and item choices were on point.

EGM, what a player! But wp EG especially Universe/Zai

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This was the best possible outcome of any game ever. EG wins with EE, but we still get to make fun of Arteezy for playing like shit.

I feel like EE wasn't what won them the game, Loda canceled him out. I feel like Mirana/Luna were pretty even in the late game. SK, SD and Dark Seer had some amazing clutch plays that won them the crucial ending fights, they lost every other fight because of the perpetual silence.

EDIT: I'm still so full of adrenaline my hands are shaking, I can't even play right now.

Quesa

I dunno, I think Loda was pretty on point that game. Not quite on par with EGM, but still.

Not saying carries were bad, but all the turn arounds were made by supports imo. Silencer refresher, wall into burrow, SD double kill. Zai ppd and EGM were incredible that game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shadow Demon's biggest contribution to that game was enabling the illusion siege.

kvk1

Man, I'd love to know if the Refresher Orb for EGM was a spur of the moment decision or theorycrafted/discussed beforehand.

dmshaposv

yeah loda played well. I feel there is only so much you can do as a 6-slotted mirana vs a 6 slotted luna.

But yeah, EGM, Zai and Universe made the game for me. RTZ was rubbish this game and S4 did everything he could as a SS

People doing their best to not acknowledge the sickness of EE.

That eg play just outside their base was incredible but EE getting megas, including the suicide was too sick. And he was carrying a lazy 17 year old on his back

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
pUkeBCf.png

ded

Razzer

EE played really really well. I think it just comes down to the fact that most carries are not flashy in how they contribute is why people are giving more credit to the supports. Whilst he made good decisions in the moment, he had nothing like the coordination of Universe/Zai combo or EGM's clutch ult timings.

Calidor

honestly this game was TI3 game 5 level. So much skill was shown, specially from supports, if only RTZ didn't play like utterly shit

Quesa

People doing their best to not acknowledge the sickness of EE.

That eg play just outside their base was incredible but EE getting megas, including the suicide was too sick. And he was carrying a lazy 17 year old on his back

sick is different than hype I think. Think of it like this: EG and EE would have won the game much earlier had it not been for that refresher. But similarly I don't think EG was going to win that other big fight had they not instagibbed the silencer with wall/burrow. EE did his job getting six-slotted and pushing when he needed to, but the turnarounds made a one-sided game way more exciting.

How long was that game? That might be the longest game yet that was hype all the way through. Not a single moment of boredom except the slow start.

honestly this game was TI3 game 5 level. So much skill was shown, specially from supports, if only RTZ didn't play like utterly shit

Game 5 was good, but not great IMO. The stakes had never been higher, so everything got more hype as a result.

kvk1

Don't care for Arteezy either way.

But I am thankful he completely shit the bed mid-game.

Otherwise it wouldn't be as amazing of a match, I think.

Eg would have won much earlier had rtz not been awful. They were a one core lineup because of rtz. He was utterly utterly useless for large parts of the game.

Artanisix

Shira are you interested in making the international 4 thread this year in gaming? I know you've made one of them before and you did a good job.

It's cool if you don't have the time or interest in making it. I think DrKirby made last years? And he did a good job too. But we should all totally figure out who will be putting that baby up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Shira are you interested in making the international 4 thread this year in gaming? I know you've made one of them before and you did a good job.

It's cool if you don't have the time or interest in making it. I think DrKirby made last years? And he did a good job too. But we should all totally figure out who will be putting that baby up.
I think I made the ti2 topic, and didn't shira make the ti3 one already? I'm going, so I don't want to do it this year.

Top Bottom