• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Demoli

newsyllasetw5krh.jpg

I said dayum

I'm suffering from some shitty lan fever right now but that second game was brilliant.

These days are so bloody long though compared to the previous season.

Also re: crowd, people don't really attend until the weekend, plus that second game didn't end until after 1am.

Satch

Banned
i always watch pro games and see teams doing awesome coordinated stuff with their supports and it makes me want to play supports but then i go to play supports in pubs and reality strikes and im only expected to buy wards and never get the last hit on a hero or else im kill stealing noob support womp womp

Hylian7

New strategy: Just mute everyone on my team in solo queue right off the bat so I hopefully get less frustrated at them or don't have to watch them get frustrated at me. Will report on how well this works.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i always watch pro games and see teams doing awesome coordinated stuff with their supports and it makes me want to play supports but then i go to play supports in pubs and reality strikes and im only expected to buy wards and never get the last hit on a hero or else im kill stealing noob support womp womp

You need to get to 5k so you can play supports freal.

Or find someone to play with.
New strategy: Just mute everyone on my team in solo queue right off the bat so I hopefully get less frustrated at them or don't have to watch them get frustrated at me. Will report on how well this works.

2 years lttp.

Hylian7

You need to get to 5k so you can play supports freal.

Or find someone to play with.

2 years lttp.

Pretty much every game (using storm spirit as an example, but applies on most heroes) it's either "STORM NO GANK HUEHUEHUE" when I actually try to farm and get my stuff quickly, or if I try to gank, it's "STORM WHERE'S UR FARM? BAD AT FARMING GG REPORT"

shira

Shira are you interested in making the international 4 thread this year in gaming? I know you've made one of them before and you did a good job.

It's cool if you don't have the time or interest in making it. I think DrKirby made last years? And he did a good job too. But we should all totally figure out who will be putting that baby up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794240
is already up, but if someone else wants to do it, go for it

It's not a bear

Demoli

Pretty much every game (using storm spirit as an example, but applies on most heroes) it's either "STORM NO GANK HUEHUEHUE" when I actually try to farm and get my stuff quickly, or if I try to gank, it's "STORM WHERE'S UR FARM? BAD AT FARMING GG REPORT"

The perfect solution with this is always have a TP, starting after you get boots mailed to you on any hero. I neglected doing this until I started playing Morph and Naga mid, and after doing it with other heroes it is simply the best way to do it. A quick tp to countergank or to return to your lane after a rune gank is fast and it will allow you to both gank AND farm.

It's not a bear

ITS A BEAR TO ME DAMMIT

Not a fan of the true form, but the red panda looks insanely cool with the radiance skin.

dmshaposv

Guys is there a different build for antimage besides the usual BF, manta and late game dmg items?

Farming up a battlefury on time is difficult as it is, but the pressure becomes immense against the 15-20 min deathball 5 man with crazy pushers like DP, lycan, etc.

I try my best to prolong the game, split push, show up at team fights when possible, buy it almost seems u arent truly useful as am till the 25-30 min mark.

Hylian7

The perfect solution with this is always have a TP, starting after you get boots mailed to you on any hero. I neglected doing this until I started playing Morph and Naga mid, and after doing it with other heroes it is simply the best way to do it. A quick tp to countergank or to return to your lane after a rune gank is fast and it will allow you to both gank AND farm.

Fair enough.

I'm going to pretty much go with the "disregard teammates (unless they need TPs), acquire currency" strategy then.

Guys is there a different build for antimage besides the usual BF, manta and late game dmg items?

Farming up a battlefury on time is difficult as it is, but the pressure becomes immense against the 15-20 min deathball 5 man with crazy pushers like DP, lycan, etc.

I try my best to prolong the game, split push, show up at team fights when possible, buy it almost seems u arent truly useful as am till the 25-30 min mark.

you can go vlads into yasha. after that you can get a manta, battlefury or whatever else you want. you can farm the jungle with vlad, and cut the creepwave while you push as long as the enemy can't jump you. but you're usually better off with a battlefury

Razzer

It's not a bear

If you want help, like proofreading or anything then just gimme a shout. I was actually wondering if we could make in-depth (to an extent) team profiles for people who don't know much about pro Dota. Maybe make an avatar for each team that people can rep, fill them in on common catchphrases like 2ez4rtz etc. Would help to get newer people into the atmosphere of it all. I can't do banners or graphics or any shit like that though.

shira

If you want help, like proofreading or anything then just gimme a shout. I was actually wondering if we could make in-depth (to an extent) team profiles for people who don't know much about pro Dota. Maybe make an avatar for each team that people can rep, fill them in on common catchphrases like 2ez4rtz etc. Would help to get newer people into the atmosphere of it all. I can't do banners or graphics or any shit like that though.

I should just rip all the dreamleague bios.

x2ZzhuK.jpg
Nu4elQb.png

The Dreadknight set creator was told to entirely recreate the set, not just recolor it as he originally thought.

He says after he finishes his next set, redesigning this set is on his todo list.

Going to be awhile I guess.

Karakand

cue up that part in top gun where maverick is like I WILL FIRE WHEN I'M GODDAMN GOOD AND READY and spam it over vox when your team does this

Calidor

armlet vlads sb ganking AM ofc

iamblades

Vanguard Maelstrom is my 'fight now' build on AM.

The lightning proc means you get less out of mana break, but if you build it into Mjolnir the attack speed more than outweighs the lost mana break procs. Only issue is that you don't get the mana regen of the BF. You can fix this by getting an early basi to build into a vlads after you have mjolnir.

Really though BF isn't a hard build up on AM though, the hardest part is finishing the ring of health before getting ganked, once you have that you should be good to go. If you are being 5 man pushed before you can finish a bfury yasha treads at the least, you probably shouldn't have picked AM that game. :p

Randdalf

Question: it's 10 minutes in, you're underfarmed as Anti-Mage because of early enemy pressure and it doesn't look like you're going to be getting a Battle Fury any time soon. Do you persist or go an alternative build? In this situation, last time I went Treads, Vlad's, Drums (although the game was practically lost by that point). Is there a decent Anti-Mage build that lets him help out earlier?

Question: it's 10 minutes in, you're underfarmed as Anti-Mage because of early enemy pressure and it doesn't look like you're going to be getting a Battle Fury any time soon. Do you persist or go an alternative build? In this situation, last time I went Treads, Vlad's, Drums (although the game was practically lost by that point). Is there a decent Anti-Mage build that lets him help out earlier?

depends on how long you think the game will go.

Always feels nice when you get complimented on your game, especially when you're supporting and the stats don't show it :)
It was my first game since early February so it was even better, I'm kinda rusty.

Love playing a roaming support.

shira

iJ3BG77rZpnk.png

Don't play AM in pubs. Like ever.

Demoli

It was definatly the nerfs. Alch stun is so hard to max stun/damage now, where it was ridiculously easy before hand. And as a hard carry he just isn't good enough considering stuff like ycan, naga and luna bring more to the table.

It was definatly the nerfs. Alch stun is so hard to max stun/damage now, where it was ridiculously easy before hand. And as a hard carry he just isn't good enough considering stuff like ycan, naga and luna bring more to the table.

Plus the need to actually get items that give him HP.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Any items involving a red panda is a buy from me.

Don't even play Lone Druid.

Ketch

I think he's great in my shitty dirt lvl mmr bracket. greevil's greed makes it a whole lot easier to out carry the other team.

edit: Dendi is hilarious. Great interviews Cybrogmatt.

Madouu

04/18/2014 VODs

04/15/2014 VODs
04/16/2014 VODs
04/17/2014 VODs

Top Bottom