• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

ViviOggi

What a team
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They needed a way better method of showing off the winners lol.

Shinypogs

Ahh, okay makes sense. I was just wondering if it was some sort of superstition thing or what.

I almost don't want a patch before TI4 now.

twitchchat automatically "sadboys" everything though I admit I find it funny because they're so persistent.
S A D B O Y S
B L O C K B O Y S
S O C K B O Y S
S Q U A T B O Y S
C R Y B O Y S
B R O A D C A S T B O Y S
etc.

aeolist

Banned
they really are just doing what alliance did last year

i wasn't paying attention to the pro scene in 2012, was any one team this dominant then?

Na'vi vs DK for the the TI4 championship match. My two favourite teams. DK have been getting better and better ever since they added ice3 to the lineup. Starladder IX has proven this. Congrats DK!

they really are just doing what alliance did last year

what? it's completely different. alliance always played the same heroes with the same strategies. they were really good with their heroes and people said they played the game optimally, which forced them to rebalance a lot of things about the way the game worked (like sentries not seeing smokes and the changes to the camp positions)

alliance couldn't be countered. dk just counters everything (pugna vs shaman, abaddon to protect the ember vs doom etc)

what? it's completely different. alliance always played the same heroes with the same strategies. they were really good with their heroes and people said they played the game optimally, which forced them to rebalance a lot of things about the way the game worked (like sentries not seeing smokes and the changes to the camp positions)

alliance couldn't be countered. dk just counters everything

He means that they went to a foreign tournament and made a clean sweep.

Alliance at G-1 2013, now DK at Starladder IX.

6sag.png

at this point, I'm starting to feel like I'm just playing the hero wrong and not dominating the games enough. I almost always feel like I play him pretty well and he's among my better KDA's...but the winrate clearly says otherwise. After that many games, I feel like the sample size is big enough to make that conclusion.

Though I do feel like it should be mentioned that on my alt (not a smurf, just an alt that queues at the same level as my main):

6et8.png

I've been much more successful, while seeing basically the same KDA.

Dunno. But it's frustrating to look at. I think my main was mostly QW Invoker (pre-buff) while my alt was mostly QE Invoker (pre-nerf). FWIW.

Satch

Banned
supporting the way most people see it is boring. Good supports are aggressive and make plays in the early game when they're strongest, they don't just leech xp and keep the carry safe.

no i agree with that but its very annoying having somebody clearly admit that theyre not using the wards on the minimap

edit: we won after i yelled at them lol

supporting the way most people see it is boring. Good supports are aggressive and make plays in the early game when they're strongest, they don't just leech xp and keep the carry safe.

Also hardest role to play in the game. A good roaming support goes a long way in creating map dominance especially early game.

Hylian7

Now going to lose a game because the Bristleback decided to steal my item and drop them at the enemy T2 as he fed again intentionally.

Top Bottom