• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

2A8502CA3ECF8934E90BDEDD42925ECECB69A870

E0FC61AC85673571A83DD3985EBF5AAD8C949322

daww..

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/616585725

I've got some time to kill till Game of Thrones, so whatever let's do this. Can anyone gimme a Hylianesque breakdown of this game pls? What I did wrong, what I did right (so I know to do it again). It was pretty clowny and I remember a few things I did wrong but obviously not all. No holding back, expose me for the scrub I am.

I'm Sand King btw.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

I've got some time to kill till Game of Thrones, so whatever let's do this. Can anyone gimme a Hylianesque breakdown of this game pls? What I did wrong, what I did right (so I know to do it again). It was pretty clowny and I remember a few things I did wrong but obviously not all. No holding back, expose me for the scrub I am.

I'm Sand King btw.
Riki killed your entire team and you had no hard carry so you lost

Kalnos

Banned
A few things:

- Not sure if you really needed BKB against that team, a lot of their shit goes through it (e.g. Berserker's Call, Overgrowth, Culling Blade) and they had some right clicking physical heroes anyway.
- Keep practicing last hitting under tower
- Buy a TP and look for more opportunities to leave mid. You spent quite a while farming that blink while Weaver was roaming around ganking.
- Missed opportunities to kill Riki/Weaver because of a lack of dust/sentries (I know you did buy them at times)

Your team was pretty wretched though.

iamblades

I'm Sand King btw.

Just a couple minutes into the replay, but IMO since you went mid and had bottle, you should've skipped arc boots straight into blink dagger

Enemy axe had a 9 minute blink dagger and immediately used it to make kills happen, you were still mid farming for several minutes.

Really though this it is hard to come away with anything from this game given how whack the team comps and laning were. You let the weaver get too much free farm by going mid against him as SK, you were lucky that he was shit and fed you two kills, but he still became more of a problem in the mid game than he should have.

The blink epi at the tier 2 top was good, but late because your teammates were late showing up, not your fault though.

That blink epi mid into 5 people at 25 mins was clearly a mistake.

BKB shoulda been a shiva's given the amount of physical dps they had.

Razzer

Thanks people. I was actually planning on going top as a support and bought courier and wards for it lol. Wasn't expecting mid until I noticed everyone else had ditched it haha.

iamblades

Thanks people. I was actually planning on going top as a support and bought courier and wards for it lol. Wasn't expecting mid until I noticed everyone else had ditched it haha.

Yeah shit like that happens in pubs. That game was 100% team comp and laning though, wasn't much chance of you carrying that game as an SK.

You could have put more pressure on early with a faster blink and maybe they would've made some mistakes, and the BKB would really have only been useful against CM and was too late anyway, but that game wasn't on you.

Sibylus

Banned
Good old days of garish item icons and the classic square HUD.

Before the great replay divide, too. Conceptor vidaloo'd that (<3).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Good old days of garish item icons and the classic square HUD.

Before the great replay divide, too. Conceptor vidaloo'd that (<3).

Geez, the replay divide happened like 3 months into the "open" beta. I'm so glad Valve was able to do that really early into the games life, I think the only major thing lost was the TI1 replays can't be played in client.

I still feel Valve should have manually converted them, they likely could have replayed them a special build and rerecorded in the new format. Oh well

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
;_;

In all seriousness, the fact that it isn't entirely my fault doesn't change that I will have made mistakes. I wanna know what they were.
Too many to count if you are in that kind of game, decide on focusing on something and understand the lane and game time dynamics of team comps.
Work on LH and lane control first imo.
Read: http://dotastrategy.com/

If you are SK half your farm can come from jungle stacks so if you are mid go stack the small camp (if Radiant) at :54 and usually in lane you'll want to support and try to stack the hard camp or do double pulls for your lane if possible. Your main pressure comes from the threat of a burrowstrike since you can't do shit in lane, so be around, but make your time useful.

Sibylus

Banned
Geez, the replay divide happened like 3 months into the "open" beta. I'm so glad Valve was able to do that really early into the games life, I think the only major thing lost was the TI1 replays can't be played in client.

I still feel Valve should have manually converted them, they likely could have replayed them a special build and rerecorded in the new format. Oh well
2011, what a magickal year.

trailer_blog.jpg
the_international.png

September 29th -
jugg_announce_sm.jpg

October 6th -
kunkkabloodseeker_small.jpg

October 13th -
riki_small.jpg

October 20th -
qopskbm_small.jpg
(??, RIP and new face)

October 27th -
anc_hero_jakiro_huskar_batrider_04_small.jpg

November 3rd -
anc_hero_05_omni_dragon_knight_01_small.jpg
(recolour, ??)

November 10th -
anc_hero_07_warlock_small.jpg

November 17th -
alchemist_small.jpg

December 1st -
lifestealer_small.jpg

December 8th -
anc_hero_10_death_small.jpg
(recolour)

December 16th -
ursa_announce_small.jpg

December 21st -
bounty_hunter_small.jpg

And then two months later, the day the replays died (bye, bye...).

Razzer

I want someone to come up with a show a la Match of the Day for football where matches from the week/day are put into highlight compilations followed by in depth analysis of important fights etc with graphics, going through each player slowly and stuff. It would be a lot of work but it would be so cool.

Randdalf

Man, June is stacked with LAN events, and May has the TI4 qualifers. Hopefully there's a patch within the next few weeks otherwise I can't see it happening at all without messing up some tournaments.

elyetis

Man, June is stacked with LAN events, and May has the TI4 qualifers. Hopefully there's a patch within the next few weeks otherwise I can't see it happening at all without messing up some tournaments.
To hell tournaments, almost 3 month since last content patch.

It only happened once before and that was during that shity post TI3 period. Not slower but just more spaced out but bigger patch they said, yeah right. I wonder if there would be parity by now had the post TI3 been has good as post TI2 support.

/end rant -still on a loosing streak, the lack of update is just the ice on the cake-

Randdalf

To hell tournaments, almost 3 month since last content patch.

It only happened once before and that was during that shity post TI3 period. Not slower but just more spaced out but bigger patch they said, yeah right. I wonder if there would be parity by now had the post TI3 been has good as post TI2 support.

They actually did five major patches from September to January.

September: First blood!
October: 6.79
November: Three Spirits (Ember, Earth)
December: Wraith Night (Legion)
January: New Bloom (Terrorblade, Phoenix), 6.80

So the post TI3 support has actually been very good imo, unless you're talking in hero terms. They've only really been quiet for the last two months.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think if we get a balance patch, it has to be this week. Sure, DreamHack Bucharest is happening, but only 4 teams are playing it in.

elyetis

So the post TI3 support has actually been very good imo, and unless you're talking in hero terms, they've only really been quiet for the last two months.
It might not be fair but yes I think in term of hero. It's not like before TI3 you had to separate period with balance update ( as much as it mean it term of gameplay (huge), it's pretty small in term of actual work done, at least if the engine is well done ), new mod ( least played ), more general update ( quest/tuto ) and freaking new hero. So by that standard I do consider september and october as 'poor' support at best.
While new bloom was probably the support at it's top if just for the fact that for once we actually knew about it before hand. Almost felt like actual communication, thought it only happened because they needed the hat community.

I think the slightly discouraging thing is that the communication has regressed again. We had an idea about New Bloom with the Year of the Horse stuff, and it has been a little radio silent since then. Even the TI announcement felt like it came and went without that much fanfare.

Still, we have to at least get new hats at the least sometime soon. Believe in the expiring chests.

Acinixys

So the post TI3 support has actually been very good imo, unless you're talking in hero terms. They've only really been quiet for the last two months.

2 months of nerfs, buffs and new heros incoming

Huge patch confirmed
Techies/Winter Wyvern/Abyssal Underlord confirmed

Plus the 4 guys assigned to Dota development have to make the TI4 compendium and all the shit that goes with it.

Sibylus

Banned
international_logo_details.jpg

January 12th -
Spirit_Breaker_Silencer_small.jpg
('too much like Dragon Knight', ??)

January 19th -
invoker_small.jpg

January 26th -
Clinkz_small.jpg

February 16th -
OutworldDestroyer_small.jpg
(RIP TI1 replays)

March 1st -
bane_splash_small.jpg

March 15th -
shadow_demon_splash_small.jpg

March 22nd -
Lycan_small.jpg
heroperformance_small.jpg

March 28th -
LoneDruid_small.jpg

April 19th -
Brew_small.jpg

April 26th -
portrait2.jpg
deliver_phantom.jpg
(Buhbye, square HUD)

May 3rd -
Phantom_Lancer_small.jpg

May 17th -
treant_splash_small.jpg

May 24th -
ogre_magi_small.jpg

May 31st -
spoilsofwar_blog.jpg
(Store! Cosmetics!)

June 11th -
150px-Chaos_Knight.png
150px-Gyrocopter.png
150px-Phantom_Assassin.png

June 20th -
team_logos_small.jpg

June 28th -
150px-Luna.png
150px-Io.png

July 5th -
inline_hero_dota_disruptor.jpg
inline_hero_dota_undying.jpg

July 12th -
inline_hero_dota_lanaya.jpg

July 19th -
naga_small.jpg

July 26th -
ezalor_small.jpg
nyx_small.jpg
visage_small.jpg

September 21st -
meepo_small.jpg

October 4th -
magnus_small.jpg
(slightly shrunkerdoodled)

October 25th -
centaur_small.jpg

October 30th - GIFFD DIRETIDE

November 15th -
slark_small.jpg

December 12th -
cm7899872_portrait.jpg
(Snowdrop wins! Snowdrop wins! [this is important])

December 13th -
timbersaw_blog_image.jpg

December 19th - Frostivus The Greeviling

Top Bottom