• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

So basically, it's never safe to leave unless the abandon happens before first blood?

it used to be safe to leave before 5 minutes or before first blood, but i think they changed it so you can't leave after pick phase started? so you have to leave before people load. and you have to leave by typing disconnect on the console and not actually hitting disconnect on the main screen -- people use this to dodge better players rofl

not sure if you can leave before first blood / 5 min anymore. i think you can't. however, i also think they fixed the abandon messages -- they used to tell you the game wouldn't count when in fact it would -- so you can probably just go by what the game tells you. if they fixed it

tl;dr maybe

9rScmLR.jpg
End of an era.

G.ZZZ

Aba - change is useless
Apparition - change is irrilevant
AM - change is irrilevant
Axe - thx god now i won't autolose cause of RNJesus
Bat - no need to nerf him again i think but whatever
BM - +4 base damage, more decent as a solo laner ez
Bloodseeker - now silence thru magic immunity lolz. Well whatever
Bounty - lvl 6 bounty serious business. Good buff
Brewmaster - this basically make him more of an initiator. Blink, stomp, one critical attack for sure. Pretty nice.
Brood - she seems usable now, and buffed in direct combat. I approve.
CK - More RNG, more fun
Chen - slightly better lategame, but seriously whatever
Clinkz - i think you can be permapacted at 16 now? Pretty good, the hero's already ownage tbh
Dazzle - TP i cry
Disruptor - slightly more lategame utility approved
Drow - Gust still sucks plz gimme back silence
Earth Spirit - this hero's broken IF plz no bufferino
ET - finally stomp is a skill
Ember - u were overrated, now you're legit bad gg.
Untouchable- 1 more second, but with the attack speed bug fixed, i think it's about the same tbh
Enigma - Midnight pulse still bad
FV - +2 base damage, +2 ias, +0.3 armor. This hero is more and more legit.
Gyro - a reason to level up homing missile halleluja. Maybe someone will level it? who know
Huskar - CALLED IT. And this is just perfect for him. Now i can finally go lifesteal and not have to manually cast orb. His lategame is fixed jesus thx. MoM here i come
Invoker - irrilevant
Jakiro - buff his strongest skill (liquid), whatever. I already maxed it first, now you have even more reasons to do so.
Juggernaut - IF love to reduce this hero's bat, instead of changing his critical into a BAT reducing skill. IF plz, just remove his crit or smth
KOTL of the light - Aghs wow. Could be decent, but i guess sheep still better
Kka- now a good reason to max XTMS. you can send an hero in and recall him back instantly, fuckign insane for pushing as they can't initiate on him no matter what.
LC - OO is now a dcent skill, and pseudo RNG for MoC could make her slightly more viable in jungle
Lesh - Lightning is already the better skill on him imho. 1 or 2 levels in edict most if you're support for getting towers when uncontested, then you rather be casting shit from safety.
Lich - frost armor on building slowing is insane. So fucking annoying.
Lina - LOLZ. Universal ulti nice, but hero's basically the same thing as before
Lion - slightly better hex cd is actually extremely relevant as this ability uptime change significantly (4 on 15 to 4 on 12 is 33% of hex uptime compared to 26%)
Sylla - slightly better jungle and you can be slightly more aggressive with bear
Luna - no 80 damage level 1 thx, it's significant. Dunno if she deserved such a big nerf
Lycan - this hero's bad again
Magnus - this hero go back to the offlane now 750 range is blink level, plus improved intelligence and shockwave to farm at a distance. S4 offlane, Bulldog mid sylla incoming.
Medusa - this hero's horrible plz
Meepo - this hero ruin other melees so hard it ain't even funny, he's really good now
Mirana - simbolic nerf, but nothing important
Naga - those nerfs to her illusion actually impact little her farming ability, but only her actual fight and push ability. She's still very good if you're RTZ.
Necro - 1 level of hearthstopper for lane sound more and more legit tbh.
NS - irrilevant
Nyx - slight nerf
Ogre - +1 armor tankiest support ever wow. The 0.12 s faster stun is actually more important i think.
Omni - this hero's gonna go mid or solo offlane even more. more efficient farm with purification, and his ulti's getting to some absurd levels.
PA - called the dagger CD reduction. Basically permaslow, excellent, excellent buff. The evasion buff is lol, and make mkb even more mandatory against her. We're gonna see some of her if only for the absurdly good lvl 4 dagger (that can crit now!)
Phoenix - he's fine in pubs since it needed more coordination. May be still too good for competitive, but i lean toward no.
Pugna - the decrepify mana cost buff is very good and he needed it badly. Nether ward + 5 sec is also nice for some lanes matchup and for a greater uptime whatever. He's gonna get picked.
QoP - that Shadow strike buff is nice, but i don't think 2 SS stacks actually, so it's more to slow 2 different targets.
Razor - CALLED the STR buff. Pretty relevant and will help the hero not fall into uselessness after 20 min. This is more of a buff for aghs razor since you just need to survive with him to deal damage compared to DPS razor.
Riki - wow. I'm pretty sure you can deny every single creep handily now against almost anyone. I can't wait to ruin ppl lives.
SD - nice Aghs upgrade.
SF - irrilevant
Silencer - carry plz. Empire's happy
Skywrath - this hero's still have the same problem of needing levels but being mostly useless lategame. +10 ms can give him a lot more room mid i guess, but he already wrecked there. Problem is his lategame but we'll see.
Bara- Sucks
Sven - This hero is now officially a carry thx to IF. I still dislike him, but +6 damage is no joke
TA- thx fix
TB - gg lol. He may be actually weak now, thx god
Tide - underrated, may become a stable pick again. EG plz
Tinker - nice buff for Dag-Ethblade tinker
Tiny - craggy is literally cancer gaylord
Troll - THX god axe melee no cast time. I love this hero again.
Tusk - IF stop nerf him. Tbh, this ability seems a bit abusable with the 4 secs total immunity, even if static. 5 man snowballs are a lot of fun now (800 ms ball for 400 damage lol). Not the change i wanted, i wanted him to be some sort of better roamer :(
Undying - a big buff for his early with the bloodlust on zombies. That tombstone is cancerous even more zzz
Ursa - MOM here i come. Tbh i don't think it will even be that good. Orb of venom boots ursa in lane will be the more scary thing. Thx god vlads can go to hell now, such a pointless item on a manfighting hero like him.
Venge - very nice change lol. Love it. The hero's already super good and picked.
Visage - yet ANOTHER nerf. I thought he was in a nice spot already tbh. The nerf is pretty big for trilanes but i think he'll still be picked.
Warlock - now deal 495 damage nuke as a dot. Could be a decent skill to max first. Upheaval too.
WR - windrun now evade skill as you activate it, pretty useful trick. Aghs seems pretty insane, basically permanent max ias?
WD - ulti +13% damage. Maledict almost 50% better CD. This hero's gonna get picked.
WK - nerf to support WK, buff to carry WK. BOOOOO IF.
Zeus - now with skillshot, and free antiwards (plus actually +250 range on his lightning bolt). Hero broken guys. The real buff for him is clarity however. That potion's broken now.

Item changes are irrilevant except clarity which now make zeus laning annoying as hell.

In terms of picking changes in competitive, i see little here. Some more WD, QoP (invoker/ember nerfed too), some more PA and Ursas from loda , some more magnus offlanes, less Lycans and Cents. Ursa and Huskar may become experiment, huskar in particular was very good in lane but had huge issues past the midgame. With a clear core in Phase, Armlet, Satanic, he could be not as shitty late.
Pubs are saved with TB removed from the game.

EDIT: damn i forgot ursa cna now rosh at like 4 min. This could make him seriously unmanegeable in pubs.

EDIT 2: ursa's retarded in pubs god why. Ez 4 min rosh with smoke sigh. Riki outdeny everything.

I think Bruno/Tobi/Lumi didn't read that the aura affects the killer and allies in a 900 area. Not only the killer...

Edit: Seems like they now read the whole thing.

Ketch

the venge change is also pretty awesome... good for swapping in and getting killed... but also pretty interesting to think about on a carry venge....

I want to play support because supports in my tier are garbage and think all they have to do is buy wards sometimes, but it's so infuriating to play well and have it not matter because Gyro decided to go aghs or some other shit carry decisions.

I think my best option would be to pick a high impact offlaner or mid since I suck at farming safe lane but for some reason am good at last hitting mid or off. I blame supports.

Basically I don't want anyone on my team near me in the early game.

kasane

I want to play support because supports in my tier are garbage and think all they have to do is buy wards sometimes, but it's so infuriating to play well and have it not matter because Gyro decided to go aghs or some other shit carry decisions.

I think my best option would be to pick a high impact offlaner or mid since I suck at farming safe lane but for some reason am good at last hitting mid or off. I blame supports.

the only way to play support is in the 5k bracket

Friend a whole bunch of people on gaf and play with them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if we will still get that Labor Day update I expected. Though the lack of hats relating to it makes me doubtful.

I guess we will just get new heroes in a month or nine. I bet Valve was going to do a super mega update, then looked at the time, and decided to just ship 6.81 before the riots started.

Also, I think Icefrog may have to add some exemption with magic immunity and Lich's Scepter ult. Hell, maybe just make it universal damage, problem solved!

kasane

I wonder if we will still get that Labor Day update I expected. Though the lack of hats relating to it makes me doubtful.

I guess we will just get new heroes in a month or nine. I bet Valve was going to do a super mega update, then looked at the time, and decided to just ship 6.81 before the riots started.

Also, I think Icefrog may have to add some exemption with magic immunity and Lich's Scepter ult. Hell, maybe just make it universal damage, problem solved!

but they're busy with ti4

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ehhhh, I don't know if I like that change. That's the fun part of playing Axe is the randomness. And maaaaan the mana increase on Flaming Lasso. Icefrog really wants that hero out of competitive mode.

Not really. It's just to compensate for the blink buff last patch, a straight 75 mana to even it out. Bat didn't need that indirect mana buff, other heroes did. Not to mention he's been fp/fb again for about a month now, this won't knock him out completely.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is there a gaf guild? If so, who do I have to beat solo mid 1v1 to get in?
Anbokr, Chair, Artanisix and 1.09.

In a row.

(Just sign on and ask in the NeoGAF channel. If I see it I'll send an invite.)

Berna

If gamemodes are going through the workshop I hope Valve aren't going to approve them. Also, I hope there isn't any kind of copyright issues with Blizzard if people want to recreate WC3.

It'll work like CS:GO's map Workshop (and most Workshops): you will be able to subscribe to a game mode and Dota 2/Steam will download and update it automatically, even with the game open – no need for Valve to pre-approve it. This will enable you to, for example, be invited to a custom game mode lobby and be prompted to subscribe to the game mode in question "on the fly".

About copyright issues, well... as with any Workshop, a copyright holder will be able to submit a DMCA takedown request for a game mode.

Karakand

venge suicide squad

sniper is deadshot
tidehunter is KING SHARK (pls always address the king in all caps)
doom is el diablo
tinker is black spider (dumb hero no one cares about)
harley quinn model from infinite crisis (ty based custom game mode) is harley quinn

Top Bottom