• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

shira

Lets do some item pooling and get a gaf qualifying rounds bet going

I can coordinate it if there is enough interest.

*2 interested - shira, conceptor(?), granadier
I guess we would need at least 10, mod ok and mumblegaf ok.

- 1 old key???/1 rare???, I'll put up 4 keys so there is a decent giveaway
- pick your 4 qualifiers and 4 wildcards for each region
- tiebreakers are broken by earlier date posting/edits
Mumblegaf can hold the prizes for security purposes(?)

mods: allowed on gaf?
edit: bigboss said no.
Where are muh Dreamleague HUD and Loading Screen Bruno?

Also, bounch said in the chat channel that his Shadow Shaman Tang Ki set might come out soon. Can't wait for that shit.

reddit says dream hud just dropped

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Where are muh Dreamleague HUD and Loading Screen Bruno?

Also, bounch said in the chat channel that his Shadow Shaman Tang Ki set might come out soon. Can't wait for that shit.
Yeah, there is some Chinese event coming up. I thought it would be tied in with international workers day, but that is in like 36 hours.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

- 1 old key entry fee, I'll put up 4 keys so there is a minimum prize
- pick your 4 qualifiers and 4 wildcards for each region
- tiebreakers are broken by earlier date posting/edits

Mumblegaf can hold the prizes for security purposes(?)
mods: are pools allowed on gaf? idk

I would be interested in this.

Razzer

I think all of the Invitees are deserving, at least as much as possible. Titan are probably the weakest but Valve will have wanted some SEA representation and since Mushi and IceIceIce left for china the scene has kinda middled. DK should be faves as they are so so strong, but Newbee and IG are both very impressive too on the asian side. Empire and EG for the west, then C9, Navi etc are wildcards with how inconsistent they are.

For the qualifiers, Europe will be the one to watch I reckon. Team Dog, Power Rangers and RoX.KIS are all worthy of being at TI, and I hear Monomaniacs are impressive too.

Edit: Now I take a better look almost all of those Euro teams are good. Maybe not MYM, Relax or Aware, but the rest should be fun to watch.

5u1DbYn.png

Oh yeah [A]lliance is back to take 2014 by storm!

Also glad DK is back (sadly without iceiceice) and of course Na'Vi. Curious to see Team Liquid wan't invited this year, and when the fuck did Cloud 9 enter the Dota 2 scene?

G.ZZZ

Agha Eza is legit. That heal + nuke just win teamfights early one if you can land even an half decent one. Akke'll be pleased, the effect's crazy strong.

Razzer

Agha Eza is legit. That heal + nuke just win teamfights early one if you can land even an half decent one. Akke'll be pleased, the effect's crazy strong.

Excellent with Zoo strats, I would think after what we experienced.

Edit: Lol C9 have been around since after MLG, and they were Speed/Kaipi before that. Alliance are meh now, Team Liquid are utter trash, and IceIceIce is still on DK so dunno why you say that.

Demoli

To be fair, the reason we got stomped so hard was the dazzle grave keeping whoever we focused on alive. That+ Necro+Mek + Kotl was brutal.

Thermite

Oh yeah [A]lliance is back to take 2014 by storm!

Also glad DK is back (sadly without iceiceice) and of course Na'Vi. Curious to see Team Liquid wan't invited this year, and when the fuck did Cloud 9 enter the Dota 2 scene?

The fuck? What do you mean DK doesn't have IceIceIce?

Wok

Base armor increased by 1. Literally no damage.

I remember reading that comment on Reddit after the changelog was made public. I thought it was a joke. But no, it is the truth. How can a small increase have such an impact? I mean, I cannot win with Ursa anymore it seems.

Time your Rosh with his power increases

When are the power increases?

Conceptor

Where is that gif from? I must know
Xiao8 inherits some magic-infused Razer peripherals from his ancestors' PC Cafe, puts in the hours to get better at unknown Chinese FPS, beats frenemy and local superstar Yao to get the grill and live happily ever after.
Just how EE-Sama would have drawn it

Plus Granadier beat me to it.

*2 interested - shira, conceptor(?), granadier
I guess we would need at least 10, mod ok and mumblegaf ok.
I was thinking something a little more casual involving commons to rares. I think keys will raise the barrier for entry too high for something meant to be only semi-serious between the community

Razzer

I remember reading that comment on Reddit after the changelog was made public. I thought it was a joke. But no, it is the truth. How can a small increase have such an impact? I mean, I cannot win with Ursa anymore it seems.

When are you going in lol? I did Rosh in like 30 secs just now.

Wok

When are you going in lol? I did Rosh in like 30 secs just now.

I go as soon as I have stout shield and vladimir (typically with Ursa level 4 and a smoke), and I get bashed to death. Do we still have to wait for level 8-9?

BigAT

I go as soon as I have stout shield and vladimir (typically with Ursa level 4 and a smoke), and I get bashed to death. Do we still have to wait for level 8-9?

There's a video of someone doing it at level 3 with just a stout shield and morbid mask. He got real close to dying, but it's possible.

The longer you wait, the more leveled up rosh gets. You need to do it earlier, within the first 4 minutes.

mus6677

I think rosh got his power increase at minute 4. So you need to try go in before that

shira

I was thinking something a little more casual involving commons to rares. I think keys will raise the barrier for entry too high for something meant to be only semi-serious between the community

We could do that too. I guess everyone has some extra rares? What to do you think would be a good amount? 1 rare, 2 rares?

No axe, no witch doctor, no taunts???

Razzer

The Morbid Mask Stout tactic is reeeeeeeeeaaaallllyy risky. I did it like 10 times in test client on passive bots so literally as quickly as I could and still died like 6 times. It's doable, but if Rosh is a bashlord early you will die.

In other news, I saw on Reddit that Singu and friends played the very first match of 6.80, and the very last. How fitting.

Aselith

That's how the nerf junglers too. Take away an armor and they suck in jungle. Add an armor and they are jungle gods. That early armor really makes a difference for tanking damage.

Quesa

yeah tried it a couple times, went super-greedy and went stout only as my starting build so I get mask quicker. Beat him before the 4 min mark ez

Razzer

The EU coverage sounds interesting. Just tune in whenever to see what's going on in the lounge. And having PFlax back is sooooooooo good. He's always entertaining, but not in a way that takes away from the cast.

Edit: Also Brohard what a fucking name lmao.

What about qb? Does it apply to rosh?

I didn't think it did off the top of my head, but after some google searching...

Apparently it does. And there are also strange interactions with it in Dota 2 as it's supposed to be an orb, but it isn't (not that it matters anymore with the new fury swipes)? I don't know I'm finding really old information and I think it would be easier to just test it out on the client.

inkls

I didn't think it did off the top of my head, but after some google searching...

Apparently it does. And there are also strange interactions with it in Dota 2 as it's supposed to be an orb, but it isn't (not that it matters anymore with the new fury swipes)? I don't know I'm finding really old information and I think it would be easier to just test it out on the client.

I'm just asking because I tried qb + stout + vlads 1-2 days ago vs rosh in a bot game, seemed to go well, didn't even go below 60% hp

Razzer

I'm just asking because I tried qb + stout + vlads 1-2 days ago vs rosh in a bot game, seemed to go well, didn't even go below 60% hp

By the time you get Vlads you would be much higher level than 3 though right? It's doing it with just level 3 and mask shield that's risky.

inkls

By the time you get Vlads you would be much higher level than 3 though right? It's doing it with just level 3 and mask shield that's risky.

Oh I know, the game was on 6.80.

Just asking about the effectiveness of qb since it helps your lifesteal and damage done to rosh

Kard8p3

Is anyone having high ping?? Lost my first match after the patch(that we were absolutely destroying in) because my ping wouldnt go lower than 700, same thing this match :/

I'm in crisis mode for backpack space. Only 13 slots left.

I now have to freeze my purchases for Dota 2 until backpack expanders are re-added.

Valve, please, why are these so hard to get. I am now handicapped in my ability to spend money...

Zeth

I now have to freeze my purchases for Dota 2 until backpack expanders are re-added.

Valve, please, why are these so hard to get. I am now handicapped in my ability to spend money...

Are the market prices that bad? I think I bought a few there last week.

edit: great news for those hampered by language barriers -

Gav47

Transfer the less valuable stuff to your alt acc? Not an amazing solution but it'll work as a stop gap.

Kard8p3

same; dont have much room left.

edit: by much room, i mean one slot lol.

Are the market prices that bad? I think I bought a few there last week.

They shot up to 12 dollars just a few hours ago :(

Transfer the less valuable stuff to your alt acc? Not an amazing solution but it'll work as a stop gap.

I ended up selling off most of the common/uncommon dupes I had on the market, that added some breathing room (like 20 more slots), but I still cannot open any more chests because I cannot keep adding sets.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Every fucking game I lose these days is to deatball push, because they group up faster then we do and then they don't need to farm the map because they can just farm heroes

Top Bottom