• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

NA hub has a serious case of the sausage fest going on.

LD is going to kill me.

BmbdCdZCcAED8AG.png:large

Here is the NA hub announcement (BTS, D2L, DotaCinema): http://www.ongamers.com/articles/international-qualifiers-north-american-hub-announced/1100-1315/

of Beyond The Summit DotaCinema, & the D2L brin

Missed a comma there Matt.

shira

LD is going to kill me.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmbdCdZCcAED8AG.png:large[/IG]

Here is the NA hub announcement (BTS, D2L, DotaCinema): [url]http://www.ongamers.com/articles/international-qualifiers-north-american-hub-announced/1100-1315/[/url][/QUOTE]

Ewwww

Looks like TI4 casting duos might be

Ayesee-Fogged
LD-Merlini
Tobi-Lumi

Ketch

Every fucking game I lose these days is to deatball push, because they group up faster then we do and then they don't need to farm the map because they can just farm heroes

If they're all grouped up say mid or something, isn't the way to beat that just to spread out and farm? As long as you don't give them kills then your team should be gaining an xp/gold advantage. You could give up the tower, or You can try to defend with just one ranged support pulling the creeps past, even if it doesn't out right save the tower, you could slow them down enough to where they won't be able to push t2 or t3 before you're team farmed enough to beat them in team fights. The most important part would be to not give them kills, you need wards to know where the deathball is, and tps to get away when they're coming after the people who are farming.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Every fucking game I lose these days is to deatball push, because they group up faster then we do and then they don't need to farm the map because they can just farm heroes
Pick KOTL, Earth Spirit, Ember Spirit.
Tell your team to farm.

You gain equal farm and you can retake towers later to give you an advantage in gold.

BraXzy

I had a lucky streak with the new chest/treasure thingys.. Got both the clock set and the Pirate Ship courier, neither of which I'm that fond of now that I preview them in-game :L

Razzer

I'd want Lumi or Merlini as one of the casters for Grand final, dunno about the play by play guy though. Probably LD or Draskyll, though they all have plenty of faults tbh. Sunsfan could be good also, but he's a little goofy for that.

Karakand

I know he basically casts everything that no one else wants to cast so people might be inclined to include him in TI4 out of pity but Kappatalist is the worst. His only saving grace is that his voice isn't obnoxious.

edit: great news for those hampered by language barriers -

Neat-o.

I love all the ways they're letting me communicate with people I don't share a language with.

#JailThacker

docbon

Alas, if you purchased that FACTME ticket while it still had that fake item displayed on it, you didn't get an item as compensation.

My pocket change, down the drain~~

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't treads be good for dat sweet RNJesus?

no you already have attack speed from your W ,if you go treads sure you get maybe a couple more crits but they would not do that much dmg because you do not have phase boots.
Also i wish valve would put drums into core items, its better than helm since it gives you tankyness, int and some extra dmg. I just had a game where i went phase > drums >basher>helm> abyssal > satanic and it worked great specially since i was an offlane PA. Ever since i saw purge recommend drums as a core i have been a believer in drums, battle fury its just too damn greedy in pubs.

Razzer

so who do i play now for free mmr? huskar?

Thinks haven't settled enough to be sure, but if you're with stack it seems KOTL is good. Dat Agh's upgrade is really good in chokepoints. It's a nuke and a mek in one, plus the other benifits. Probably not free MMR though.

Razzer

no you already have attack speed from your W ,if you go treads sure you get maybe a couple more crits but they would not do that much dmg because you do not have phase boots.
Also i wish valve would put drums into core items, its better than helm since it gives you tankyness, int and some extra dmg. I just had a game where i went phase > drums >basher>helm> abyssal > satanic and it worked great specially since i was an offlane PA. Ever since i saw purge recommend drums as a core i have been a believer in drums, battle fury its just too damn greedy in pubs.

I hope that team had no stuns or no BKB is a travesty. With evasion and magic immunity your unkillable in mid-game before MKB's come out.

I prefer getting Phase->Basher/BKB->BKB/Basher->HoD->Abyssal Satanic etc myself. Though if it looks like I'm gonna be farming rather than fighting I prefer HoD first for jungle sustain. I also need to try MoM rather than HoD.

Edit: Waaah double post fuck me.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Frankly the backpack expanders shouldn't exist at all. The idea that you have to spend money to make more room to spend more money is a fucking joke. Not that there's really a good way to get rid of it now.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that team had no stuns or no BKB is a travesty. With evasion and magic immunity your unkillable in mid-game before MKB's come out.

I prefer getting Phase->Basher/BKB->BKB/Basher->HoD->Abyssal Satanic etc myself. Though if it looks like I'm gonna be farming rather than fighting I prefer HoD first for jungle sustain. I also need to try MoM rather than HoD.

Edit: Waaah double post fuck me.

They had the mirana and witch doctor stuns, however they both are not that bad so i felt safe going no bkb especially since i was one shotting fools very quickly if they had a lion or an ogre magi i would have definitely gone bkb. That build isn't so bad actually i might actually skip drums in favor of basher depending of the situation because basher gives you some extra hp. MOM seems bad.....you already squishy to start with and if they have a couple of nukes you would be dead before you did any dmg even if you max evasion first.

BTw this the PA match: http://dotabuff.com/matches/634458212

Razzer

They had the mirana and witch doctor stuns, however they both are not that bad so i felt safe going no bkb especially since i was one shotting fools very quickly if they had a lion or an ogre magi i would have definitely gone bkb. That build isn't so bad actually i might actually skip drums in favor of basher depending of the situation because basher gives you some extra hp. MOM seems bad.....you already squishy to start with and if they have a couple of nukes you would be dead before you did any dmg even if you max evasion first.

BTw this the PA match: http://dotabuff.com/matches/634458212

My thinking with MoM is that you get it then BKB, and don't fight till you have both. Max dagger and blur with only one point in blinkstrike, which you use to jump in initially, at which point the movement speed and attack speed from MoM gets you around rather than blink. With Blur maxed you have 50% evasion and magic immunity, so what does the damage amplification matter? That's the theory anyway, it's probably awful in reality.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
My thinking with MoM is that you get it then BKB, and don't fight till you have both. Max dagger and blur with only one point in blinkstrike, which you use to jump in initially, at which point the movement speed and attack speed from MoM gets you around rather than blink. With Blur maxed you have 50% evasion and magic immunity, so what does the damage amplification matter? That's the theory anyway, it's probably awful in reality.

That may work actually, however its very dependent of the enemy team haviing stuff that doesn't go trough bkb like bane's ult. You may have something there Razzer but in my opinion its maybe too YOLO for me, still worth a shot!

Berna

Are the market prices that bad? I think I bought a few there last week.

edit: great news for those hampered by language barriers -

This isn't new (at least in general) nor is a feature implemented by the Dota 2 devs, per se. The Brazilian Portuguese team was the first to implement this (manually adding the English name with a certain HTML tag to every single skill and item description) right after The International 2013, followed by the Italian team right after. It seems that now the Spanish team - the last of the three "Latin script-based" languages that translate skill and item names - finished implementing it in their translation for the Spring Cleaning update (which is great, I was afraid they would never implement it). Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Ukrainian team used a reverse approach, adding a highlighted Ukrainian translation to the descriptions.

I can hear fine, the only issue is the graphics that bug out a bit at times.
In particular Phoenix seems to cause a few problems when on screen.

Yeah I'd never seen that happen before, but I have been running games all day. I'll have to see if I can cool it down better.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Christ what do you do as a solo offlane against Lion, Rubick, and Magnus? Even standing under the tower wasn't enough. I mean, what the fuck are you supposed to do against a lane that ridiculous? If I just went and jungled or whatever they would get a free lane to do whatever the fuck they wanted in.

Top Bottom