• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Trench reporting in

30623724.jpg

that's a scary realistic changelog, even if it is a joke. Kind of mean spirited imo to go so realistic with your joke it seems real (and to even hype before that you should believe the unexpected).

So we'll see I guess if it's a joke or not. But those notes seem so real...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Earth Spirit Enable in Captains Mode? Funny joke there Bruno.

That Riki change sounds really broken IMO. I'm not even sure that Silencer buff is possible in WC3.

inkls

that's a scary realistic changelog, even if it is a joke. Kind of mean spirited imo to go so realistic with your joke it seems real (and to even hype before that you should believe the unexpected).

So we'll see I guess if it's a joke or not. But those notes seem so real...

He mentions Samoa in his tweets. Where it is currently April 1st. I'll leave it at that.

Random buff ideas:

Skywrath
-Arcane bolt travel speed to 600
-Arcane bolt deals 50% damage in a 75 Aoe. (Or just large enough to hit two creeps standing next to each other).
-Concussive shot cd to 20/17/14/11

Tuskar
-Ice Shards have a sub ability that reverses the orientation of the shards when formed to block people chasing
-Snowball has fixed 500 MS

Ogre
-Ignite has 150 AoE from the beginning, multicast levels increase it by 100/200/300
-x2 multicast chance to 35/45/50

PA
-Stifling dagger now silences for 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds
-Blur has an active that works like a level one Phase shift
-Maybe rescale crit somehow

Witch doctor
-Cask stuns for 1.5 seconds, but stun time is reduced by 33% for each subsequent bounce to the same hero, so the duration goes 1.5 - 1.0 - 0.66- etc

Wraith King
-Change ult back to 50% slow, add ASU that increases slow to 75%, shortens cd at level 6 and 11 and also refreshes the cd on Wraithkings items when he revives with ult. (Probably shouldn't work on RFO.)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
There's zero chance that changelog is real, is written in way that at a glance it seems believeable but if you look closely is has to be fake, right guys? guys?

My take is that it's realish, but ultimately more on the fake side. I don't think it's current, but might have a few changes that end up being real. My thoughts for why this is probably fake (or outdated or incomplete)

- No Invoker or TB changes, which is kind of strange (but not entirely out of the question)
- Calling Lich's sacrifice by its original dota name.
- Two period typo on the Spirit Break change.

But honestly none of those are 100% damning. Valve has made typos before and IF has neglected to change heroes many people see as problems. So ehh...

inkls

Had a better look at the "patch notes". And regardless of whether they are legit or not I though some changes/ideas were interesting:

- Game starts at nighttime and goes into daytime at 0:00.

I've seen this idea on reddit, found it interesting and not just from how cool it sounds for how the game starts. Its pretty much a small buff to level 1 Roshan and heroes with high vision during the night.

Beastmaster
- Base HP regen increased from 0.25 to 1.25

Guess it could help his early laning and make a soul ring even better on him.

Doom:
- Doom now disables Assault Cuirass Aura

Would be interesting to see this kind of stuff, like Doom disabling item auras on doomed champions. Wonder how useful it would be against right-clickers if it disabled lifesteal from items such as vlad's?

Earth Spirit:

- Decreased Charge Restore Time on Stone Remnant by 5 seconds
- Enabled in Captain’s Mode

I heard the remnant nerf hit him hard and made him useless after a big teamfight, I think this would help him in a balanced way. Thoughts?

Huskar:

- Base armor increased by 2
- Burning Spear self damage changed from HP removal to Magic damage

The spear change would improve his survivability with his increased magic resist right?

Puck:

- Aghanim’s Scepter Dream Coil now deals Universal Damage
- Aghanims’ Scepter Dream Coil’s Coil Break stun now goes through Magic Immunity

Certainly improves his aghs (its considered the worst aghs upgrade right currently right?)

Riki:
- Riki is no longer revealed out of Permanent Invisibility when he is under Smoke Screen

Probably would make smoke screen more useful, wonder if it means rikki isn't revealed by auto-attacks only or that detection doesn't work? Even though it would make him a bigger pub stomper, what does everyone think on how helpful it would be to make him more competitive?

Silencer:
- Curse of the Silent debuff now reduces all magical damage dealt by 20/30/40/50% (if you cast a spell that doesn’t do damage immediately, the damage of the spell will still be reduced when it’s dealt).

Interesting idea tbh. Would make it pretty useful in teamfights, being able to cut damage from luna's ult by 50% sounds pretty strong. Not very good with his aghs though.

Sven:

- Removed cast point on God’s Strength
- While under the effect of God’s Strength, Greater Cleave radius increased to 500

Pretty useful against heroes standing still while invis like TA or SK.

Undying:

- Tombstone now requires 3/4/5/6 hits to kill (only attacks from heroes can damage the tombstone)

- Every time the Tombstone is attacked by a hero it spawns an additional wave of zombies

- Zombies now have a timed life of 5 seconds.

- When Tombstone dies, already spawned zombies aren’t immediately destroyed.

I'm a fan of Undying and pretty intrigued by this idea. It would certainly solve the problem of zombies taking too long to pile up. Really interested on thoughts for this one.

Zeus:

- Lightning bolt can now be self cast without taking damage (spell still goes on cooldown and costs mana)
- Lightning bolt now grants flying vision over the target for 3 seconds.

Why not always just give the aoe vision on yourself when using it, sounds like a waste of an ult if self cast doesn't do the global damage.

edit: whoops nvm, though it was his ult

Diffusal Blade
- Recipe cost decreased from 850 to 650

Small buff to illusion heroes?

Again, whether these are legit or not, thought some ideas where pretty interesting. Thoughts?

Top Bottom